PVC Scythe Rei figure - Is there a matching Asuka?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
GMAJ0R
Embryo

PVC Scythe Rei figure - Is there a matching Asuka?

•      
  •      

Postby GMAJ0R » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:05 am

http://www.zangeki.com/pic/figure/prize/evangelion_3_rei_scythe/rei_1.jpg

I just picked up this Rei figure at a con over the weekend. I've done some searching on the internet, but haven't been able to find anything pertaining to a matching Asuka. Does anybody know if one exists? It'd be nice to have the pair on my shelf :P
Let's be delinquents together.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Yep, there's an upcoming Asuka figure with a double naginata like the one EVA-02 used in her fight against Shinji:
SPOILER: Show

Although the Asuka one is made by Amakuni while the Rei Q one is from Sega, the two seems to be matching fairly well.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

MKDestroyer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MKDestroyer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:27 pm

Dat ASSuka!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:11 am

View Original PostMKDestroyer wrote:Dat ASSuka!

The more time pass and the more I'm sure that this new plugsuit design was created explicitly to counter the fact that Asuka only wears her plugsuit in Q! :lol:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:56 am

The scale on those two don't match.

Rei figure is listed as 210mm, which makes her roughly 1/7.5
Asuka is listed as 1/6 scale.
Given the listed 380mm size to the top of the weapon and doing some pixel math with the photos, top of Asuka's head come out to ~26cm, which is exactly where she should be at 1/6 scale of 157cm height.

Rei being a whole head shorter than Asuka is gonna look very awkward on the shelf.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:13 am

^
I meant matching in the theme, which is the pilots in their 3.0 plugsuit holding a human sized version of the weapon of choice their Eva used in the movie.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”