Manga to end June 4th

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
KusanagiShiro
Embryo

Manga to end June 4th

•      
  •      

Postby KusanagiShiro » Sat May 04, 2013 10:10 pm

Just confirmed by Sadamoto via ANN

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat May 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Yep. It was mentioned on EGF's Twitter, but not an EGF thread itself:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Sat May 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Sadamoto's may, but I doubt this is the last we will see of an Evangelion manga. I can see a bunch of young players making their own spinoffs. Not fap-doujinshi, either, something beefier, more like Retake.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun May 05, 2013 12:22 am

:jawdrop:

It's the end of an era.

And we'd just been joking that it would outlast Rebuild.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:42 am

Fap doujinshi of Eva will never end. :devil:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

AlphaGamma
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby AlphaGamma » Sun May 05, 2013 12:47 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Sadamoto's may, but I doubt this is the last we will see of an Evangelion manga. I can see a bunch of young players making their own spinoffs. Not fap-doujinshi, either, something beefier, more like Retake.

Hopefully something true to the characters next time...
Anyway only the "I need you" part left in the manga, i'm curious as to how Sadamoto will deal with Asuka/Shinji meeting. They've always gotten along better in the manga. Who knows? Maybe no strangling this time around...

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun May 05, 2013 1:50 am

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Fap doujinshi of Eva will never end. :devil:

To be clear, the era that's ending here is the era where the Sadamoto manga has not been completed and therefore speculation has been limited. If it winds up being worth it, the true value of the manga will come out only after its completion. That's what happened to the original, after all.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sun May 05, 2013 10:57 am

oh wow its actually ending never thought I'd see the day haha
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:01 pm

If the final chapter drops in June I'm happy to see that Asuka is the cover character and that an Asuka poster is one of the giveaways. Will pick up. ;)
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun May 05, 2013 9:18 pm

I'm a little amazed that it is finally the end. And I'm a little sad about it too. Unlike many of you, I first came across Eva through the manga and then watched the anime much later on. So in a sense for me, the manga was what I thought of first when it came to Evangelion.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon May 06, 2013 1:21 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Yep. It was mentioned on EGF's Twitter, but not an EGF thread itself:

Was mentioned over here: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/12205/Eva-manga-still-in-the-making/

AlphaGamma
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby AlphaGamma » Mon May 06, 2013 1:42 am

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:If the final chapter drops in June I'm happy to see that Asuka is the cover character and that an Asuka poster is one of the giveaways. Will pick up. ;)

The cover with Asuka was the one that came out in May (4 days ago) and it was in no way indicative of the content of the chapter (Young Ace of a certain month comes out at the beginning of the previous month...)
It's probably gonna have a cover with Asuka/Rei/Shinji in June or nothing Eva-related at all, considering there are other ongoing mangas in Young Ace.

Still, if Asuka isn't the focus of the last chapter i can see many fans being "unhappy", considering she never even appears in this last volume.

red
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby red » Mon May 06, 2013 5:16 am

Takes me back, being 14 (so...~2001) and discussing with a friend starting the Evangelion Manga and a friend telling me "Don't do it, Sadamoto's taking two years to write each volume!".

How right he was.
I build stuff and I kill giants.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon May 06, 2013 5:22 am

REBUILD MANGA REBUILD MANGA REBUILD MANGA

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon May 06, 2013 7:30 am

Anyone expect's an announcement with the end of the magna?Something like eva manga gets animated,a rebuild manga or something like that?
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon May 06, 2013 7:38 am

View Original PostDima wrote:Anyone expect's an announcement with the end of the magna?Something like eva manga gets animated,a rebuild manga or something like that?

I hope there will be an announcement with the end of the manga, and if its a Rebuild manga, what I would love is

Q  SPOILER: Show
a manga about the events of the 14 years time skip, although due to the potentially insane things that happened we could glimpse of in 3.0, I think only an animated adaptation could do it justice!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Mon May 06, 2013 8:43 am

View Original PostAlphaGamma wrote:
Still, if Asuka isn't the focus of the last chapter i can see many fans being "unhappy", considering she never even appears in this last volume.

sadamoto prefers Rei, he said so.
ANATA BAKA !?

AlphaGamma
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby AlphaGamma » Mon May 06, 2013 9:02 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:sadamoto prefers Rei, he said so.

lol you haven't read the manga, right?
Yes, he does prefer Rei but shipping and Eva don't get along.
It is established in the manga that Rei and Shinji don't have romantic feelings for each other (even though she has more panel time than in the anime).
Asuka and Shinji have a more "innocent" (all around more positive) relationship than in the anime. No Shinji "crushing on" Asuka, and Asuka herself is a lot less hateful and problematic. Which is why a positive ending is what people expect, at this point.

Where i'm getting at is that Sadamoto is a professional and won't simply do everything as he wants. He's alrdy drawn Shinji and Rei's farewell. All that is left is to choose how to portray Asuka/Shinji meeting again after Eoe. I don't think that, just because he prefers Rei, he won't portray a proper resolution to Asuka and Shinji relationship (if that's what you were trying to say)...

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon May 06, 2013 9:26 am

View Original PostAlphaGamma wrote:It is established in the manga that Rei and Shinji don't have romantic feelings for each other (even though she has more panel time than in the anime).

Oh shit dude, he even went in full "don't talk shit about my waifu" mode in volume 10:
SPOILER: Show

I liked this scene now that I think about it...

View Original PostAlphaGamma wrote:All that is left is to choose how to portray Asuka/Shinji meeting again after Eoe.

Where is written that it's necessary to portrait it?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:16 am

View Original PostAlphaGamma wrote:The cover with Asuka was the one that came out in May (4 days ago) and it was in no way indicative of the content of the chapter (Young Ace of a certain month comes out at the beginning of the previous month...)
It's probably gonna have a cover with Asuka/Rei/Shinji in June or nothing Eva-related at all, considering there are other ongoing mangas in Young Ace.

Good to know that I underestimated by a month, but I still plan to pick it up because of the cover and the extra (got the December 2012-February 2013 issues because Eva was featured on both). The June date had me thinking June issue vs. July issue which will be released in June. No cover for that yet but one of the extras is a Rei poster.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”