Evangelion Pictures Thread [3] (Post all images in spoilers)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon May 06, 2013 10:05 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:A person (especially a woman's) face isn't going to change hugely from 13-14 to 17, but with anime the character designs are so streamlined that there's not much else to work with to establish aging. It looks like her but different enough in the face and proportioned to suggest height that she looks older even without other characters or background to establish her size. The proportions are also a bit more human than Sadamoto's and she's not drawn with oversized hips; Asuka should have an athletic silhouette.

You may not like it personally, but it's a good example of illustration and design, is what I'm saying. Her boobs are just too big and pointy. I really like the design he did for Rei but I couldn't find it in a quick search.

It's an okay illustration, but it doesn't look like Asuka. There are other, better depictions of Asuka as a twenty-something out there (Happy End of Evangelion has some good ones -- this is one such example).

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:The original I believe is not suited to be posted here, assuming Bagheera and I are thinking the same thing.

Yes. It explains quite clearly why she's blushing. It also explains why her legs are tanned while her torso isn't.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

Postby moonwolf2024 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:15 pm

View Original PostMoroNoKimi wrote:I bring a one-two of gayness and lesbianism!

SPOILER: Show

I love how Shinji has that "you just fucked me into submission" face.

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:If you really just need tits...

There's way too much that i love about this one. Love the chinese outfits. :peace:
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Mon May 06, 2013 10:23 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:The original I believe is not suited to be posted here, assuming Bagheera and I are thinking the same thing.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Yes. It explains quite clearly why she's blushing. It also explains why her legs are tanned while her torso isn't.

So from these replies its obviously hentai related or something around that area, but what do the tan legs have to do with anything? if I may ask.
*sigh* just kill me already.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Not going to say anything further about that image, nope.

Believe it or not those were my first Shinjiko images. :cringe:

OK, they weren't that bad, but eh. :facepalm:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

MoroNoKimi
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby MoroNoKimi » Mon May 06, 2013 10:27 pm

View Original Postmoonwolf2024 wrote:I love how Shinji has that "you just fucked me into submission" face.

Exactly, that's why I had to post it, such a hot little detail.

Tabris-XX, Kaworu gets a turn with Asuka's plugsuit, and a great ZA BEASTO! wallpaper  SPOILER: Show
ImageImageImage

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon May 06, 2013 10:33 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:So from these replies its obviously hentai related or something around that area, but what do the tan legs have to do with anything? if I may ask.

In the original image it's obvious she was wearing a typical Japanese HS swimsuit at some point. The underwear in the SFW version covers up her tanlines, leaving us with a two-toned Asuka who doesn't look quite right (though the version Ag posted fixed that, which was nice).
Last edited by Bagheera on Mon May 06, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:42 pm

So who noticed the Gone With the Wind poster on the wall in that image? ;) And yes I spoke about it, again.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Mon May 06, 2013 11:22 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:In the original image it's obvious she was wearing a typical Japanese HS swimsuit at some point. The underwear in the SFW version covers up her tanlines, leaving us with a two-toned Asuka who doesn't look quite right (though the version Ag posted fixed that, which was nice).

Ah I see it makes sense now.

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:So who noticed the Gone With the Wind poster on the wall in that image? ;) And yes I spoke about it, again.

I noticed it earlier and I cant see her actually having that in her room.

Nice pic of Asuka:
"
*sigh* just kill me already.

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Mon May 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Surf's up, Shinji!

EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 am

Are they magnetic, or something?  SPOILER: Show
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

MoroNoKimi
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby MoroNoKimi » Tue May 07, 2013 12:33 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:
Are they magnetic, or something?  SPOILER: Show

I love that picture so much. Rei's expression is glorious.
All hail the Mariboobs!

Continuing my duty, Shinji in a maid uniform!  SPOILER: Show

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Tue May 07, 2013 12:37 am

You know, lately i've come to really appreciate (and be a little jealous of...) pictures of Shinji in drag. While it's certainly out of character there is something really likeable/beautiful about them, specially the ones that take a more minimalist approach.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

MoroNoKimi
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby MoroNoKimi » Tue May 07, 2013 12:39 am

View Original PostDream wrote:You know, lately i've come to really appreciate (and be a little jealous of...) pictures of Shinji in drag. While it's certainly out of character there is something really likeable/beautiful about them, specially the ones that take a more minimalist approach.

The ones that imply he's been coerced/forced into it don't seem out of character to me XD
Also let's not forget the SUPER GIRLINESS that was his outfit in "Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!"

Here, have more! With bonus COSPLAY~  SPOILER: Show
ImageImage

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Tue May 07, 2013 5:43 am

You know guys, after all these pics of Shinji in drag... I was wondering how long it will take until someone gets the idea to draw the Eva kids (with Shinjiko, naturally) in the pilot outfits from Rinne no Lagrange.

For those who haven't seen that anime, think plugsuit with a miniskirt. With one extra caveat: once the pilot is synced, the shoulders, thighs, sideboob and almost the entire back turn completely transparent. And some thought the TEST plugsuit was bad...
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

user-02
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby user-02 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:11 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I could never get past the absurdity of her chest, nor the fact that her face is so far off. Moro's Mari/Asuka pic upthread had the same problem with the face.

Huge pointy boobs = do not want.

But even beside that point, I've never seen Asuka as a big-tits kind of girl. Hers are arguably smaller than Rei's in NGE, not to mention substantially smaller than Mari's in Rebuild. One could even go out on a limb and make the argument that the NGE Asuka is self-conscious about her chest, hence, her flaunting of it in the "thermal expansion" bikini scene with Shinji (although, it must be said, she appears to have mysteriously and temporarily grown an entire cup size in that scene). NGE Asuka is all about playing up her superficially matur(ing) features in an attempt to be taken seriously as an adult -- with counterpoint provided by her juxtaposition with an actual, grown woman (Misato).

Is it possible that Asuka's rack blossoms into gigantitude in her late teens or early twenties? Sure. But in a way, it would defeat the purpose of her character.

As for the fap argument: IRL, they really don't need to be much bigger than a B or a C on a girl of Asuka's frame and build. C's would look plenty big on her.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue May 07, 2013 9:30 am

Seeing all of these Shinjiko pics is starting to confuse me, sexually. :stars:

Alpha
Adam

Postby Alpha » Tue May 07, 2013 9:34 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Seeing all of these Shinjiko pics is starting to confuse me, sexually. :stars:

That's it, come to the dark side. We have genderbend. :devil:
This is what nature planned. This is nature's sacrifice.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Tue May 07, 2013 9:35 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Seeing all of these Shinjiko pics are starting to confuse me, sexually. :stars:

Join the club, Nuke-kun.

Why the long face, Rei? Do you want a hug?
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Why the long face, Rei? Do you want a hug?

Knowing Rei, and judging by her expression here, it would be like hugging a pillar of granite. Not that I wouldn't do it anyway, of course...

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue May 07, 2013 9:48 am

View Original Postuser-02 wrote:But even beside that point, I've never seen Asuka as a big-tits kind of girl. Hers are arguably smaller than Rei's in NGE, not to mention substantially smaller than Mari's in Rebuild.

Breast size is notoriously inconsistent in NGE. Rei's look fairly modest in EoE, but they're pretty large in other scenes (even comically so in some of her plugsuit shots). Asuka's all over the place; they're often pretty smallish when she's nude but when she's showing off or they're making a point of sexualizing her they can grow a couple of cup sizes overnight. It's really funny sometimes.

I have to give the NTE credit, it's at least more consistent in this regard. That's true of hair color, too.

Is it possible that Asuka's rack blossoms into gigantitude in her late teens or early twenties? Sure. But in a way, it would defeat the purpose of her character.

I'd say it's unlikely, given that girls tend to fill out like that in their early teens. I would expect her to grow a bit, but not all that much.

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Why the long face, Rei? Do you want a hug?

"You are fapping to pictures of me. I find it distasteful."

Sorry.

Return to “Old Stickies”