Evangelion Pic Thread 11: Mari's Middlesex Manor of Mayhem and Fantabulous Foppery

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 Spoiler Fanart, Merchandise and Cosplay

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:22 am

To be honest I prefer that way. I'm not a fan of multiple versions of the same character, specifically when the character is part of the main cast. The idea that there is a centralized soul solves that problem to me.

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby one-eyed » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:00 am

Konja7 wrote: We can't be sure if they have awareness. They could be like the souless Rei clones in NGE.

Rei Q is an interesting case. She doesn't have a soul in her body, but she isn't souless, since her soul exists in another place.

I guess Rei Q and Rei II have the same soul. That's why Rei II has a feedback from Rei Q.

They must have some degree of self-awareness to obey orders and react to stimuli during a fight. In addition, Anno himself said that all Rei are Ayanami and also explains the famine by orders of Rei Q since she is in a similar situation to that of the "collection" of the Gendo. So, feedback is much more than likely. It is almost a certainty.

Raikyu wrote: To be honest I prefer that way. I'm not a fan of multiple versions of the same character, specifically when the character is part of the main cast. The idea that there is a centralized soul solves that problem to me.

It may be more interesting for the story, but it makes what Gendo and Fuyu did with her (partition the mind and soul and clone her on an industrial scale as spare parts) all the more horrendous and depraved. The person who trusted Gendo the most and who even beat Shinji to defend him is betrayed and has her body, mind and even her soul violated to fulfill the selfish desires of two sacks of shit: Gendo and Fuyu. Monstrous doesn't even begin to describe it.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:11 pm

Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:14 pm

I love the one where Kaworu is clinging to the outside of Asuka's entry plug.

It occurs to me that this is probably the one that the OG Shikinami type was in.

I assume that Kaworu & Rei just materialized much like Shinji & Mari did, possibly in places that had some significance to them. Maybe Rei popped up right at the Suzuharas' place or in her old apartment.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:48 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:From the storyboards translated by Reichu it seems the Rei heads are not so much collected as that they are mass-produced new generation dummy plugs that need only the head - the pilots for the mass produced mk. 7s that we see being produced on assembly lines around Neo Nerv.

The more I learn about neo-NERV HQ's workings and the more horrifying this place become.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:51 pm

That one with Kensuke and little, and the one with Asuka holding the baby, is just fucking adorable!

And since I haven’t seen the film(yet) and got some spoilers instead about Asuka, since she basically grew up without a mother, it made me wonder how she would be like if she wanted kids. I mean, that could give her a little experience of something she craved, something she was so depraved of.

She could at least be given the chance of something as nice as this.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:15 am

Neko-Rei

SPOILER: Show
Image Image

Neko-Mari

Rei + Tsubame

Aida/Shikinami

Image Image

Ube station

Image Image

碇サクラ

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Moved from Berserker's dump in the open forum

Kaji and Kaworu:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby one-eyed » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:47 am

Kuroneko Rei is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen in my life!

Ube Station will become a pilgrimage point.

Kaji and Kaworu's friendship became strangely popular despite being a single scene. Kaji is practically the mix of Misato and Fuyu for Kaworu.

Yandere Sakura: There is a point where we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it, but let’s keep going and see what happens!

C.T.1290 wrote: She could at least be given the chance of something as nice as this.

Realistically Asuka is a tough nut to crack. I don't think she even saw Hikari and Tsubame in the movie! I think it is unlikely that she will develop maternal instincts like Rei, but you can always dream.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:43 am

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:Ube Station will become a pilgrimage point.

Already has.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:46 pm

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:I think it is unlikely that she will develop maternal instincts like Rei,

It’s because neither of them ever had a mother to begin with, isn’t it?
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:34 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:
View Original Postone-eyed#920316 wrote:Ube Station will become a pilgrimage point.

Already has.

I hope that it won't get to the point of being a hindrance for the locals: I remember reading that the setting of the Persona 5 game was a real street of Tokyo, and when the real location has been discovered, a lot of people started to go there to take photos and do cosplays, to the point that it started to be a hindrance for the people living there.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:28 pm

Ube isn't a particularly large or major city. Something tells me they're probably going to lean into it, try and drive some tourism there while they're at it!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:27 am

Gendo beat-down

Ube station

Salaryman Shinji

On the farm

ロング綾波

碇サクラ

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:32 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Image

Looks like Shinji has quite the success with the ladies, but the broken heart at the bottom left implies that his coworked was told that he already has someone.

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Image

It's a shame that Rei didn't kept her long hairstyle in the new world.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:07 am

It's nice for symbolism and pretty shots, but would probably be a pain to take care of XDD
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:14 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:It's nice for symbolism and pretty shots, but would probably be a pain to take care of XDD

Yeah maybe not keep the entire mane, but waist-long and in a braid or something.

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby one-eyed » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:14 am

I really loved Rei's mane! It seems like a sin to cut perfection, but I suppose it is difficult to take care daily and a torture in the summer!

One question: In the first image of Sakura's photos, is that Midori? If it is her, these artists have a very generous vision of her!

C.T.1290 wrote: It’s because neither of them ever had a mother to begin with, isn’t it?

It's more of a gut feeling due to Asuka's lone wolf instinct.

Some people have the desire to be parents andt have the ability (Rei), others have the desire to be parents, but do not have the ability (Yui), others do not have the desire, but they could learn the ability if necessary (Asuka) and finally there are those who do not have the desire, have no ability and neither they will even try if obliged (Gendo).

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:04 am

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:One question: In the first image of Sakura's photos, is that Midori? If it is her, these artists have a very generous vision of her!
I'm assuming so from the hairstyle, even though she's been equipped more like Mari.

KawoMari

KawoRei

...Oh
Nagisa-kun, your shoulder is getting wet
I'm fine, it's much better than having you get wet
But if I end up catching a cold she might get worried about me
Then, I'll take care of cleaning the bath today
I'll clean it as soon as we get home so you can use it right after
But wasn't it my turn to clean it today?
It's fine

碇サクラ

Image Image Image Image Image

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby one-eyed » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:42 am

Interesting how KawoRei looks like an elderly couple in the form of young people. It gives me the feeling that I am seeing old photos of someone's grandparents in their youth.

Mr.Tines wrote: I'm assuming so from the hairstyle, even though she's been equipped more like Mari.

Truth! She has Misato's sex appeal in this drawing! I had already realized that artists tend to draw her more cute than the original, but this is the first time that I see it with these attributes!

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:48 pm

“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”