Evangelion Pic Thread 11: Mari's Middlesex Manor of Mayhem and Fantabulous Foppery

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 Spoiler Fanart, Merchandise and Cosplay

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:10 am

It was a good trace of the original scene

Screen-caps -- Shinji at the end

SPOILER: Show

Bros

After the end

Ep 1 reimagined

碇サクラ

Image Image Image Image
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:26 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:It was a good trace of the original scene

Yeah, the bigger eyes in the first image is clearly 14yo Shinji.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:52 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Yeah, the bigger eyes in the first image is clearly 14yo Shinji.

That scene with 14 years old Shinji happened in the beach. He is running to find Mari.

After that scene ended, we have an scene in the train station where Adult Shinji appear.

So, I guess a timeskip happened between the two scenes.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:03 am

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:That scene with 14 years old Shinji happened in the beach. He is running to find Mari.

After that scene ended, we have an scene in the train station where Adult Shinji appear.

I guess the crux of the mystery is if the scene in the beach when he runs towards Mari is still in Instrumentality/Minus Space or if they are already back in the real world.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Asugran233
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:48 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:
Ep 1 reimagined

Ohhh...mommy, I've seen similar pictures with other episodes, e.g.: For Episode 10.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:26 am

Rei
1. @coogeepic on Twitter
2. @YutoZin on Twitter

お姫様
1. @ankocha_mgmg on Twitter

Cute
Source: Imgur
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:44 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:Cute
Source: Imgur

Mari can't have Yui, but someone with her genes is good enough! :lol:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:47 am

Ghost Kaworu/Zombie Kaworu already getting fan art

Image Image Image Image

As one might expect

Rei: Customers, please discuss your sex lives outside the store

碇サクラ

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Edit -- bonus Sakura character reel
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

TsuyoiOuji
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TsuyoiOuji » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:57 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:It was a good trace of the original scene

Bros

After the end

Ep 1 reimagined

碇サクラ

Image Image Image Image

Oh, someone that doesn't try to double-standard Shinji's love pairs, what a rare sight.

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:
View Original PostElMariachi#919876 wrote:Yeah, the bigger eyes in the first image is clearly 14yo Shinji.

That scene with 14 years old Shinji happened in the beach. He is running to find Mari.

I don't think there was a time skip, or at least not one of several years (maybe hours or days).
When I watched that scene it felt more like they were instantly teleported to another dimension while retaining original memories plus knowledge of current world then anything else.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:05 am

Kaworu (variously undead)

Image Image Image

KawoRei

thread

Oh, shit, Shinji, what are you doing?

Things are getting seriously strange now

Mari

Image Image

Yui-san...what are you doing?
No matter how many times Shinji loops, he can't be saved...
Katsuragi-san, the homo, and my clone aren't much help, my husband is out of the question, and even when I help him in Unit 01 I go right back to sleep so I can't do much either
Alright I got it, It's Mari-neesan's turn so leave it to me!

碇サクラ

Image Image Image Image

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:39 am

Is there a particular reason why Midori is often shown as Sakura's rival for Shinji's affection? Is it only because both draw their gun at him?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:53 am

I think there may also be some bits of her general resentment toward Shinji-- she's certainly the most antagonistic character toward him, which may have people putting her into the position of 'rival' just to spite Sakura.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:54 am

Zombie Kaworu is becoming so popular, although we only see his hand in a twitter message.

I read he appears quite hidden in a scene where "original Shikinami" appear, but I'm not sure if this is true.

Maybe we can see him in 3.33+1.11.

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby one-eyed » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:37 am

ElMariachi wrote: Is there a particular reason why Midori is often shown as Sakura's rival for Shinji's affection? Is it only because both draw their gun at him?

Nuclear Lunchbox wrote: I think there may also be some bits of her general resentment toward Shinji-- she's certainly the most antagonistic character toward him, which may have people putting her into the position of 'rival' just to spite Sakura.

The truth about these characters is that they were created, presented and underused, so the fans decided to fill what was lacking in personality and characterization with their own imaginations: the lovely Sakura became a terrifying Yandere and the boring Midori became a cute rival.
For me, the biggest waste was Kaji Jr.! He only exists to demonstrate that Misato became Gendo, Kaji Sr. became Yui and the boy is the new Shinji. (I read that the boy's initial name was going to be Shinji anyway!) Misato only mentions the boy after Shinji talks about him and Kaji doesn't even do that when talking to Kaworu! So, I consider that the boy is the son of Shinji and Misato and they gave that name to protect him (and protect Misato!) and try to cover up his existence. And I do not care what others think on this subject!

Konja7 wrote: Zombie Kaworu is becoming so popular, although we only see his hand in a twitter message.

I read he appears quite hidden in a scene where "original Shikinami" appear, but I'm not sure if this is true.

Maybe we can see him in 3.33+1.11.

I'm bizarrely looking forward to seeing this. Ghost Kaworu I had imagined and used to, Kaworu zombie never crossed my mind, despite the collection of Rei’s heads of Fuyu.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:23 pm

From the storyboards translated by Reichu it seems the Rei heads are not so much collected as that they are mass-produced new generation dummy plugs that need only the head - the pilots for the mass produced mk. 7s that we see being produced on assembly lines around Neo Nerv.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:57 am

Ryoji

Kaworu

Image Image Image Image Image

Rei

Guess who

Dick sucking lips, pink girl

碇サクラ

Image Image Image Image

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby one-eyed » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:54 am

Kendrix wrote: From the storyboards translated by Reichu it seems the Rei heads are not so much collected as that they are mass-produced new generation dummy plugs that need only the head - the pilots for the mass produced mk. 7s that we see being produced on assembly lines around Neo Nerv.

So the central nervous system is functioning and there must be some degree of awareness. Since Rei II had feedback from Rei Q, the same thing should happen with these copies. This is yet another of the "terrible sacrifices" that Gendo made for Yui. Sacrifices with the pain and suffering of others do not count as sacrifices for me.

I am always sad when I see Kaji Jr. He is turned into a footnote. I thought this was wrong! As a self-indulgence I will always make a parallel of the father-son embrace of Gendo and Shinji with that of Shinji and Kaji Jr. The story is not repeated, but sometimes it rhymes. Generations rhyming.

I find it funny that the Midori designed by the fans is much more cute than the film version.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:19 am

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:So the central nervous system is functioning and there must be some degree of awareness. Since Rei II had feedback from Rei Q, the same thing should happen with these copies. This is yet another of the "terrible sacrifices" that Gendo made for Yui. Sacrifices with the pain and suffering of others do not count as sacrifices for me.

We can't be sure if they have awareness. They could be like the souless Rei clones in NGE.

Rei Q is an interesting case. She doesn't have a soul in her body, but she isn't souless, since her soul exists in another place.

I guess Rei Q and Rei II have the same soul. That's why Rei II has a feedback from Rei Q.

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:50 am

I believe that too. I've read somewhere that the doll that Rei II had in her arms, during the meeting with Shinji inside Unit-01, has "Tsubame" written in it. Only Rei Q interacted with Toji's child, so they are definitely connected. This a wild guess, but Rei Q may be a remote vessel of Rei II's soul, but has some kind of SEELE program (the original storyboards had a reference to a SEELE program) controlling her behavior and blocking her memories. The vision that Rei Q had of Rei II (a la Quantum Rei) may be a sign of this.

About that feedback you're talking about. Are you talking about her memories with Tsubame or is it another thing?

Edit: Rephrased the last question.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:11 am

View Original PostRaikyu wrote:About that feedback you're talking about. Are you talking about her memories with Tsubame or is it another thing?

Yeah. I was speaking about the Tsubame doll that Rei II has. So, it's seems Rei II has Rei Q memories (maybe Rei II experienced everything at the same time than Rei Q).

That said, Shinji still call Rei Q as "the other Ayanami" when he speaks with Rei II. So, it seems Rei II and Rei Q are independent people, even if they share the soul.
Last edited by Konja7 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:38 am, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”