[News] strange happenings of 2015

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon May 18, 2015 12:52 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:I highly doubt LGBT rights groups could withstand the might of school children, they'll do and say what they please, I suppose human nature is in its more unmitigated form when in the school yard.

I don't think boys wearing garments that individual wrap their legs is human nature.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Mon May 18, 2015 2:45 am

Wow Tines... that was some damn cold snark, even for you.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:57 am

^Considering that they still can't sing in public IIRC really any form of liberation and/or relaxation of the oppressive patriarchal regime in that region could be considered a victory for feminism.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Mon May 18, 2015 11:41 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I don't think boys wearing garments that individual wrap their legs is human nature.

It's human nature for those majority boys wearing trousers to take the piss out of those minority boys wearing skirts though and if skirts were popular among boys and trousers among women, probably vice versa, then again, I suppose that logic is questionable considering the evolution of clothing regarding gender throughout the years. Regardless, perceived weaknesses on the school yard will always be exploited.

Student gets eye parasite from contact lens

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon May 18, 2015 1:33 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I don't think boys wearing garments that individual wrap their legs is human nature.
"Only hairy barbarians like the French wear bifurcate garments" -- every Roman who opined on the subject.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon May 18, 2015 2:13 pm

This stuff in Waco just made the national news.

So far, 170 people are in jail on organized crime charges. It seems there were five gangs involved in the shooting, but only three (the Bandidos, the Cossacks, and the Scimitars) have been identified. It looks like members of a several other gangs were present (if not outright involved in the fighting). The three gangs are all Texas based, and the primary rivalry seems to be between the Cossacks and the Bandidos (the Scimitars are aligned with the Cossacks). It looks like there are a lot of threats being leveled against the Waco PD right now.

This might get uglier soon.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon May 18, 2015 2:23 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:This stuff in Waco just made the national news.
It was on the radio news here as I was driving into work this morning.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon May 18, 2015 3:21 pm

You may be hearing even more about it: this feud with the Cossacks and the Bandidos is already well-established, and there has been blood shed between them as recently as 2013.

I don't know if we're going to see a repeat of the Great Nordic Biker War, but there's definitely going to be something nasty out of this.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed May 20, 2015 1:15 pm

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri May 22, 2015 11:42 am

Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri May 22, 2015 11:58 am

Oh, the humanity!
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri May 22, 2015 1:28 pm

Whew, I thought it was something serious.

Bryan
Adam

Postby Bryan » Fri May 22, 2015 2:25 pm

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Fri May 22, 2015 8:47 pm

My excitement was unfounded.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri May 22, 2015 8:53 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:My excitement was unfounded.

No doubt. I expected an angry redhead, and got yet another child prodigy. I am disappoint.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat May 23, 2015 2:51 pm

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat May 23, 2015 3:15 pm

That's some weapons-grade irony there, no doubt.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sat May 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Over 400 churches in China have either been torn down or forced to take down their crosses/crucifi from their buildings in the span of the last few months.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pjSwJBnHoYQ

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:07 am

Small steps.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon May 25, 2015 1:54 am

Public service announcement: Your Wii may be out to get U.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/man-says-wii-burned-his-house-down/1100-6427562/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

No it didn't actually 'burn his house down,' but things did get pretty heated. This is either a freak accident or a brilliant plan by Nintendo to get Wii owners to upgrade to the WiiU.
[Redacted]

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”