Worst video game that you played?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:02 pm

welcome back ILA-chan! :3 Let me see. I think the worst piece of crap game ever made was... Vampire Rain for Xbox360. I remember a friend of mine and I bought the game with each others pocket money. well. buffy the vampire slayer meets, syphon filter and SPlinter Cell. badly implemented. and vampires where near impossible to kill. We promptly set the disc and its case on fire.

oh and ILA-chan? Anta Baka? Lost Planet a Bad Game? =_= oh well I forgive you. each and everyone is entitled to there own tastes. But I will hang the first guy that says the Super Mario World for the SNES sucks by the balls. Using Rusty Razor Wire.
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Not sure if reviving a 4 year old thread counts as necromancing but I guess it's better than starting a new one.

Superman 64: I rented this game a long time ago, and wow was this piece of shit awful, as if flying through hoops wasn't bad enough, the developers of this game didn't even have the decency of giving you a decent ending, at least the multiplayer was worth playing more than the awful the campaign but even that was garbage as well.

Quantum Theory: Take Gears of War and give it an awful anime-inspired fan mod, game has dumb enemies, repetitive levels, and just downright unappealing that make this theory not worth testing.

Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City: Wow Capcom, why even bother releasing this garbage.
*sigh* just kill me already.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Megaman X7. Yeah the series was on a downward slide at that point, but did it need to jump BADLY into 3d and star a 'scrappy' noob over the title charecter? For shame, Capcom.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:33 am

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:08 am

Games I hate:
Sonic Chronicles
Sonic and The Secret Rings
Kane and Lynch
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City

Games I was disappointed on but not hate(some dislike):
Sonic Adventure 2
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Resident Evil 5
LA Noire(t was good but it was short and I was expecting something like RDR)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:04 am

Command and Conqer 4: Tiberian Twlight: Besides completely bastardising the old CnC control scheme and replacing it with a terrible shambles which I found impossible to enjoy, the plot is also terrible. What happened to the Scrin, the CABAL sub-plot from Kane's Wrath or any of the other interesting stuff WestWood stuffed into Tiberian Sun and Firestorm? Plus the ending was bloody confusing.

Silent Hill HD Collection: Konami takes two excellent games and completely destroys the graphics and voice acting. The so-called HD actually lowers the quality of the game by making it brighter and less gloomy, which not only makes the age of the models and textures more apparent, it also completely ruins the atmosphere of darkness, suspense and horror. Not to mention that the ending of Silent Hill 3's opening FMV now looks like a LSD sequence. To put salt in the wound, the games are now buggy as hell and frame rate could be better. The new character voices are a lot worse, as well. I wish Konami would give me back my money for this.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:54 am

I've actually maintained a relatively good track record with games since I really started paying attention to the industry, so the worst game I've played was probably some random licensed title I played as a kid. Off the top of my head, though? Uhhh..... Dragon Age 2? Still, as bad as DA2 was it wasn't unplayable, and I'd not put it in the likes of Superman 64, ET, Aliens: Colonial Marines, or other infamously bad games. DA2 was salvageable, and were it a new IP I dare say I'd have rated it higher.

Oh, also Worms 3D and Worms Forts: Under Siege. One year, bless her heart, my mother bought me those games as a gift for a holiday or my birthday or something I don't recall because she knew I'd loved Worms Armageddon when I was younger. God, I endured those games only because I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't like them. Horrible, horrible games. Worms should never have left the 2D plane.
Last edited by CJD on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:04 am

NASU

the game in Yume Nikki game

You can (not) win XD
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:47 am

The first Black Ops and Shadow the Hedgehog were both awful beyond belief for me.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:04 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:The first Black Ops and Shadow the Hedgehog were both awful beyond belief for me.

Shadow the Hedgehog = GTA with Shadow as the main character, quite crappy.
About Sonic games, I'd say that Sonic 2006 is really the worst Sonic game ever made.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:12 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Shadow the Hedgehog.

Looking back on it, I can't really figure out why I actually derived some primitive enjoyment from Shadow's exploits as a kid.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Revelant to Shadow the hedgehog

SPOILER: Show
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Shadows_ea7c6f_1984954.jpg

:D
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:58 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:The first Black Ops and Shadow the Hedgehog were both awful beyond belief for me.

I actually like that game.

I was fine with the controls(I played it on Gamecube) and was fine with the gun gameplay. The thing I liked most about it was the replayability of choosing your level path you want to play at the time. The story and edgyness is bad but its Sonic, stuff like that shouldn't be taken seriously. Though I do admit, the PS2 version did suck. Frame rate was awful.

I did wish a similar game was made with the level path system with a much better story. It did more than the pure good and evil system most non rpgs done.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:33 pm

:rageface: Monsters Inc. Scare island for Playstation One. :gunmouth:
Horrible game. It was EVEN horrible when i had to deal with Finnish dub of the game. :gunmouth: :gunmouth: :gunmouth:

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Tarzan for the PS2.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:14 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote::rageface: Monsters Inc. Scare island for Playstation One. :gunmouth:
Horrible game. It was EVEN horrible when i had to deal with Finnish dub of the game. :gunmouth: :gunmouth: :gunmouth:

Was it really that bad? I remember liking the demo

But that was years ago

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:15 am

Haven't actually played it (thank god) but Counter-Strike. Oh god, Counter-Strike.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:24 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Haven't actually played it

:facepalm:

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:28 am

@ Squigsquasher

It wasn't that bad. For a fan made game it was surprisingly enjoyable even in early stages.
Another jaded man.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:43 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Haven't actually played it (thank god) but Counter-Strike. Oh god, Counter-Strike.

:asuka_miffed:

This is not how you post in this topic.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”