Transformers 3: The Dark of the Moon

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:43 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It's more than that. I can't speak for everyone, but the bulk of what I see in movies is absolute crap. Bad movie? Crap badly done. Good movie? The same crap, done well. It's all crap. I know, full well, that my chances of getting something I genuinely like, and that I consider good, are close to nil. So I content myself with wading through crap and enjoying things for what they are.

Why do you think everyone was so excited about The Dark Knight? It was a good movie and the best film of the summer of 2008, but that whole "best" title was simply because most 2008 summer movies were sub-par in many ways.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:53 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Why do you think everyone was so excited about The Dark Knight? It was a good movie and the best film of the summer of 2008, but that whole "best" title was simply because most 2008 summer movies were sub-par in many ways.

That's true of most summer movies, honestly (or most movies in general, come to that). TDK was an anomaly (as was Iron Man, though superhero movies in general are really on fire lately).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:21 am

18 million more bucks and this movie will pass Toy Story 3, 21 million and it'll pass Pirates of The Caribbean 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby evaunit13 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 pm

being reminded of the mind heist vs our fight topic, i transcribed the choruses of the two. at first i was in the boat that said it was plagiarized, but the lines are both different enough for me to think otherwise, especially because it's really simple. the orchestration of both are definitely similar, but it's not like hemsey can copyright the orchestration.

i want rebuild

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:17 am

This movie has now made more money than any Disney movie in history, it might pass the third Lord of The Rings movie if it can somehow get another 27 million.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:56 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:This movie has now made more money than any Disney movie in history, it might pass the third Lord of The Rings movie if it can somehow get another 27 million.

Have you adjusted for the fluxing dollar value? (You know, how much money is actually worth?) Because if you have, this movie has a long ways to go before ever seeing the financial earnings of Gone with the Wind.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:58 am

Or ticket prices for that matter.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:19 pm

View Original Postevaunit13 wrote:being reminded of the mind heist vs our fight topic, i transcribed the choruses of the two. at first i was in the boat that said it was plagiarized, but the lines are both different enough for me to think otherwise, especially because it's really simple. the orchestration of both are definitely similar, but it's not like hemsey can copyright the orchestration.

Aside from both being in C-minor and having some similar melodic shapes, they're clearly different. I don't see why it'd be called a rip-off. Though I'm just sightreading it to myself; I haven't heard it or read the background thread.

A lot of pieces are way more similar than that to each other.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:52 am

It still made the top 5 in history, which is very impressive for any movie.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:27 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:It still made the top 5 in history, which is very impressive for any movie.

And somewhat surprising. I mean, it was a sequel, it wasn't really pumped up that much in terms of advertising, and there was no really "wow!" effect associated with it. Why did people care so much, to the extent that it did so much better than its predecessors?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:30 am

Maybe because this year is such a bad year for movies that people have nothing better to see than this?
Movin' Right Along

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:50 pm

I don't have any real contribution to this thread, but I feel like this should be the official image of it.

[URL=http://min.us/ldxUCTTFw]Image[/URL]
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:53 pm

:rofl:

LoGH = always relevant

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:09 pm

It's true, there's a reaction image for every possible circumstance.
Movin' Right Along

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Alright folks, 3.5 million more and this movie will pass Lord of The Rings: Return of The King, making it the fourth highest grossing movie in history and gives proof that people love entertainment. Place your bets here and now!
And somewhat surprising. I mean, it was a sequel, it wasn't really pumped up that much in terms of advertising, and there was no really "wow!" effect associated with it. Why did people care so much, to the extent that it did so much better than its predecessors?

It did have advertising, they were called previews. The wow effect was in the special effects and the fact that this trilogy has gained fans such as myself that are willing to pay to see action packed robots fighting. Besides, Return of The Fallen was better than this one, simply because it was more actiony.
Maybe because this year is such a bad year for movies that people have nothing better to see than this?

Thor, X-Men: First Class, Green Lantern, Captain America, Rise of The Planet of The Apes, and the likes were not anything close to bad. :thumbsup: Well maybe in GL's case for the box office, but the critics and Cars 2 can be blamed for that.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:38 am

Do you have stock in the Transformers franchise?

Seriously, outside of those involved on the movie who besides a bunch of virgins with zero taste give a fuck how much money Transformers 3 makes?

With the way ticket prices are now these days (not to mention 3D prices) I'm 100% positive The Hobbit will far surpass Transformers 3 in monetary sales. So I guess you can enjoy this rather pointless "victory" for the next 15 months.

And I'm sure a year or two after The Hobbit films come out another movie with highly raised ticket sales will surpass that one.

Actual movie theater ticket sales are actually lower now than they've ever been. It's just the prices that have gone up.

Anybody who prattles a box office number (or record) as meaningful clearly has no idea what they're talking about & are just regurgitating information they read on BoxOfficeMojo.com or TransformersVagina.info.

I'll take your BS money equals everything post & give you one better.

Highest paid "entertainer" in Hollywood: TYLER PERRY.

http://collider.com/highest-paid-hollywood-tyler-perry/114487/

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:22 am

Seriously, outside of those involved on the movie who besides a bunch of virgins with zero taste give a fuck how much money Transformers 3 makes?

Me for starters.
With the way ticket prices are now these days (not to mention 3D prices) I'm 100% positive The Hobbit will far surpass Transformers 3 in monetary sales. So I guess you can enjoy this rather pointless "victory" for the next 15 months.

Money > Movie Tickets

And Transformers 4 will defeat your hobbit movie.
Anybody who prattles a box office number (or record) as meaningful clearly has no idea what they're talking about

I know exactly what I'm talking about. :cool:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:27 am

It's not really an argument if I find nothing he says of value. It's just noise.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:02 am

But what I do say DOES have value, if anyone is making noise it is you. :cool:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:25 am

Keep the personal jabs to a minimum guys.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Return to “Film and Video”