What anime are you watching right now? Dec10-Apr11

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:24 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Wait... you mean you consider being #18 and #26 is poor ranking???

Given they are old shows, the fact they were above all the BD sales of current season's anime except for Madoka and Infinite Stratos, I would say that this is very respectable result they have. Also need to bear in mind is that they are BD box which means they are re-release of BDs with a simpler and more economical packaging.

Ah okay.
Thanks symbv and CorporalChaos.
Maybe I should just read the manga.
But there is no european localization for it and the scanlations are kinda hard to find/incomplete.

:/

EDIT:
I´m on the last two episodes of Nanoha Season 1 now.

Hahaohwow, wish me luck.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Dr. Nick » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Since there are no new Madoka episodes forthcoming, I'm watching Shaft's Negima remake in the meantime. And boy, this show is doing weird things to me.
SPOILER: Show

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks for ruining Negima for me, Dr. Nick. :raincloud:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 pm

trauma of QB runs strong indeed...

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:39 pm

View Original PostDr. Nick wrote: And boy, this show is doing weird things to me.

BUT THEY'RE THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE ENTIRE SHOW!!! :D

Started on Eureka Seven. Not too bad. Seems like a pretty standard Bones show so far. I really dig the character designs though, even if the main kid looks like Naota from FLCL.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Well, it's been one hell of a trip, folks, but we're finally at our destination. Sawako and Kazeyaha are together.. Just finished Kimi ni Todoke: Earthquake Edition. I really liked it when Kazehaya told Joe to back off, and then the crew helped. Pin was awesome as well but a BRIBE!? Come on! Sawako did an excellent performance that would have rivaled Broadway. I was disappointed that they didn't kiss at the end.. but I guess it was too soon..

Onii-chan: Finally some yuri. Poor Irohto.. But now Nao is free to stalk her brother again. That freaking bastard has just about every girl in the show after him. I wonder who he will end up with... With one episode left though it will probably be that new girl. Disappoint.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Watched 6-12 of Honey and Clover
The show seems to have taken a turn in atmosphere to a little more serious. Its still great and when they do have comedy its pure gold. ( I almost died laughing during episode 8) So far I give it an 9/10\

I also started watching Ghost in the Shell. The first few episodes shot this series has quite a lot of promise.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:05 am

Honey & Clover is quite lighthearted until the last 4 or 5 episodes of the first season - which is the absolute highlight of the whole series (including season 2).
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:14 am

View Original PostOz wrote:(including season 2).

WHAT?
Season two?
Awesome
The comedy is still there and just as good as the first few episodes but the tone is different.

Takemoto is a little more depressed/unsure what to do and Yamada is chasing chasing something she will never catch. It just doesn't have the same feel as the earlier episodes. Their tone reflects that too, currently they all seem down in the dumps.

Regardless I still love the series.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:17 am

Of course the tone is changing already, but you'll understand what I mean when the climax comes closer. The major conflicts have been revealed, but most of the development occurs very late in the series and the humor is nearly non-existent during the ending. However, the 2nd season doesn't omit the comic relief like that. H&C wouldn't be H&C without the offbeat jokes that stand out a bit too much from the overall atmosphere of the series.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:40 am

Finished season 1 of Nanoha.

8/10

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:20 pm

Infinite Stratos Ep.11

We have a very good episode with elaboration and development on Houki and the MC Ichika with really strong spine. A bit cliche perhaps but still a nice setup for "Ichika's wives team" to take shape :lol:

This anime has gone beyond what I looked for in a harem anime. No wonder Season 2 is coming.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:50 pm

I just watched the first episode of Argento Soma........ Well, that was quite a slow start, not bad but it could have been better. I also don't care for the ending theme.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Watched first episode of Hourou Musuko(as my sig would suggest).

FFFFF- I MISSED OUT

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Hourou Musuko was awesome this week.
Seeing Doi get blown out of the water was very satisfying.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:02 pm

^ I just finished last week's episode and that was really good. I won't get to see this week's until tomorrow night. I'm really liking this show, poor Anna getting all mixed up in everything :( I like her. Takatsuki defiantly looks better with longer hair although that's probably a personal preference
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 am

I just went and watched Megami Tensei Digital Devil Monogatari.
It´s so baaad.
It´s a novel adaption which also got a video game adaption which turned into a huge JRPG franchise.
MegaTen Digital Devil Saga is basically about some guy who summons/creates(?) demons through his computer, the internet and LOLprogramming.
(Yeah, it´s one heck of a stupid plot, but this anime was made in the year 1987, so yeahhhh)
It gives off a nice creepy mystery/horror feel at the beginning of the OVA, but the rest is just plain bullshit that makes no sense whatsoever.
The visuals are dated, but they do their job surprisingly well.
Hell, it even looks better than some anime that are currently airing.

If you like bullshit and teachers getting raped by norse gods summoned through a computer with 512k RAM running MS-DOS, here´s the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSY6a8gR ... re=related

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:36 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... punch-film

I imagine a crosssover/AU fic based on the film. :lol:

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:05 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:Its still great and when they do have comedy its pure gold. ( I almost died laughing during episode 8).

Man, wait till the episode 25 special. You will probably piss yourself from laughter.

symbv wrote:No wonder Season 2 is coming.

JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN :fistshake:

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Dr. Nick » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:06 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I just went and watched Megami Tensei Digital Devil Monogatari.
It´s so baaad.

Oh my god, this is actually related to Tokyo Revelation, one of my all-time favorite garbage OAVs. I must see this now.

Return to “Old Stickies”