What anime are you watching right now? Dec10-Apr11

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:32 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO PUMP UP THIS THREAD SO THAT I CAN POST TO CELEBRATE GERTRUD'S BIRTHDAY ON MAR 20 !!!
:w00: :heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart: :crush: :w00:

happy to serve... :lol:

ohwait, someone posted before me...bahh :D

Barkhorn is one of my favourites too...I like the germans Karlslandians ^_^

happy birthday (it's still 20th here) you tsuntsun siscon :grin:

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Sheryl and Ranka in 3D -- Macross Frontier pachinko CM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSBgFoa3858 Ranka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyvVCKqeVAA Sheryl

DOKUN DOKUN DOKUN :heart:

Holy shit these are pretty amazing :gasp:

Makes some of the buttugly CG models in Nyan Kuri all the more unforgivable if they can do character models that good if they want to... (:|

It's fun to compare these ads to ones for original Macross pachinko

(gahh, I want LA Macross film :O)

The focus is a bit different...of course I approve the change :hahaha:

View Original PostDevRei17 wrote:I'm six episodes into the series Now and Then, Here and There. All I have to say is if this series maintains this level of quality, I'm giving it a 10 and a new favorite anime I will have.

Seriously, I haven't been this excited for a series to see what happens next since... well Evangelion years ago.

RARARUUUUUUUUUU

KING HAMMYDOOOOOO

RARARUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

RARARUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ABORTION IS EVIL

RARARUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

is what I remember the best about it. In many ways great, at times even brilliant anime (whatsherface girl who was raped is what I remember most fondly and vividly...great character) but I hated the main character SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH

Fractale ep 9 = Pretty good. Clain is a fucking pimp, sleeping with lolis and tits.

Hourou Musuko ep 9 = HOLY SHIT AMAZ-

JAPAAAAAAANNN STOP RUINING MY ANIMU

I wouldn't really have minded it all that much if this episode hadn't been fantastically directed with absolutely phenomenal use of sound. This kind of screwed up aspect ratio (for understandable reasons, I admit) did great harm to its greatness.

Fabulous stuff in any case, even if my favourite character was barely featured.

I don't care about your gender confusion! I want to know what happens to poor Asuka-with-pigtails, I mean, Chiba :(

Strike Witches S1

I finished this last week and it was WAY better than it has any right to be. Pretty great stuff. Unfortunately last episodes toned down fanservice ;_;

but in return they added tons of AWESOME ACTION :w00t:

so it was decent tradeoff... :)

In any case, Squad of Flying Pantsu Lolis is worth watching guys! :D

7/10

Star Driver ep 23

AMAZING episode. Just...so much win

And that ending oh god

KIRABOSHI TO END ALL KIRABOSHIS

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Fifteen minutes ago I finished Brave Raideen. Wow, what a hell of an ending. The ending fights in the last few episodes were super robot goodness at it's finest, you gotta love the long lengths and X amount of attack spamming. Barao having roots from the lower half of his body was a nice twist. I can definitely see parallels between this and episode 30 of GaoGaiGar. My only real gripes is that Akira's mom
SPOILER: Show
suddenly died and her body went aboard her boat and went into the sunset. Seriously, what the hell?
Second best old school super robot anime after Mazinger Z, 'nough said.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Nazi siscon witch is best witch.

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:51 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Barkhorn is one of my favourites too...I like the germans Karlslandians Nazis ^_^

happy birthday (it's still 20th here) you tsuntsun siscon :grin:

Fixed.

Also, I had been posting Trude pics in the SW general on /a/ all morning. Glad to see some recognition on EGF, even if it's only you, me, and symbv. :raincloud:

D'awwww  SPOILER: Show

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:04 pm

YAY!! gg released subs for the Kimi ni Todoke live action movie!!! That is all. :salute:
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

ika musume compare tv vs bd ep.7-8

Postby symbv » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:47 am

As the movies usually go, before a long-timer leaves, he would do "one last job" first. So I have this last job for our quality control expert "moe tash toe mash" before he leaves for military service this Tues:

FIND THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TV AND BD VERSIONS OF IKA-MUSUME EP.7 & 8 :w00: :w00:

Wish the best of you and see you soon (one year? two years? or shorter?), toe mash :thumbsup:
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:32 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:As the movies usually go, before a long-timer leaves, he would do "one last job" first. So I have this last job for our quality control expert "moe tash toe mash" before he leaves for military service this Tues:

FIND THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TV AND BD VERSIONS OF IKA-MUSUME EP.7 & 8 :w00: :w00:

*cracking knuckles*

Lets rumble:
1. Different skin tone
2. Slightly different color + different expression on face
3. More slightly different shading + Chizuru's and Eiko's hair is drawn a bit differently, more detail added
4. Nagisa's head looks redrawn (different hair and expression) and what the arrows are pointing at
5. That little pink bar the arrow is pointing at
6. Nagisa and Takeru's heads look redrawn (why didn't they fix Ika's fat pinky?)
7. Fixed the QUALITY of Ika's thumb although it still looks a bit stupid, her hair + ear + mouth is significantly different
8. Too easy
9. Ika's head drawn slightly differently, Eiko's head looks completely different
10. Ika's hat drawn at a different angle, her hair is very different + they fixed Ika's QUALITY tits. Nagisa's hair has slightly darker shading
11. Nagisa has different expression, part of her hand looks redrawn, Ika's QUALITY fat finger got slimmed down, Ika's squid-tits are smaller, Her hat/hair is a bit different while her eyes are changed
12. Ika's head slightly different, they fixed her QUALITY tentacles, that was actually a good call imo
13. Ika's face looks much better now
14. Added a crease on Ika's dress, Her face isn't as stupid now, hat/hair changed a bit.
Phew, that was fun.

Wish the best of you and see you soon (one year? two years? or shorter?), toe mash :thumbsup:

Thanks, and it's 3 years actually.. The hardest part will probably be the first few months of "boot camp".

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:41 am

As I was making dinner and thinking about Code Geass I realised how much I don't like that student council girl with the glasses who's always anxious for no reason - whatserface, Nina. All she has done so far is mope around, use a laptop to look at stuff we aren't allowed to see, get embarassed about stuff the other council people do (despite the fact that it's a small group - you'd think small groups would build character better, apparently in Code Geass if you don't already have character you're unlikely to get any), in fact the only time she was moderately useful to the show (so far) was when she got tormented by those terrorists guys and Euphemia stood up for her.
I hope they take Nina to an X-Ray centre and take some X-Rays, because sooner or later they're going to find out that she has no spine. Unless of course I'm speaking prematurely, and this Nina girl supposedly is doing some research about nuclear stuff that'll provide the basis for her to be able to attach a nuke to something and attempt to detonate it, but from what I've seen so far (season one, eps 1-16), Nina's character would have to be stretched to the point of disbelief for her undertake such an action.

And that's my rant.

Also, Cornelia is awesome and she needs to be in the show more. And go naked.
Voluntary Illusion.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:59 am

Watched a new 2-hour TV special on Studio Ghibli called Studio Ghibli Monogatari last night. MC was Ken Watanabe. It covered from the rookie days of Miyazaki to the new project Kokuriko-saka. It was generally in chronological order but not always, and some anime like Howling Castle got less air time than some (like Laputa). Anyway, some screencaps here:

now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:16 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:As I was making dinner and thinking about Code Geass I realised how much I don't like that student council girl with the glasses who's always anxious for no reason - whatserface, Nina. All she has done so far is mope around, use a laptop to look at stuff we aren't allowed to see, get embarassed about stuff the other council people do (despite the fact that it's a small group - you'd think small groups would build character better, apparently in Code Geass if you don't already have character you're unlikely to get any), in fact the only time she was moderately useful to the show (so far) was when she got tormented by those terrorists guys and Euphemia stood up for her.
I hope they take Nina to an X-Ray centre and take some X-Rays, because sooner or later they're going to find out that she has no spine. Unless of course I'm speaking prematurely, and this Nina girl supposedly is doing some research about nuclear stuff that'll provide the basis for her to be able to attach a nuke to something and attempt to detonate it, but from what I've seen so far (season one, eps 1-16), Nina's character would have to be stretched to the point of disbelief for her undertake such an action.

About the other thing memorable about Nina is rubbing herself against the table.

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:19 pm

So I finialy watched the first five episodes of Honey and Clover. I havent laughed that much in a long time, it was great.
Subs don't seem too bad but I still have to pause it every now and again to catch up.
I guess everyone is right, a dub wouldn't do this sereies justice. I may not be able to understand them, but I can still get the feelings and emotions they where trying to get across.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:42 pm

On the 8th episode of Nanoha Season One.

Whaaaaaaaaat.

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby DevRei17 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:12 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Watched a new 2-hour TV special on Studio Ghibli called Studio Ghibli Monogatari last night. MC was Ken Watanabe. It covered from the rookie days of Miyazaki to the new project Kokuriko-saka. It was generally in chronological order but not always, and some anime like Howling Castle got less air time than some (like Laputa). Anyway, some screencaps here:

Nice. :thumbsup:
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:57 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Watched a new 2-hour TV special on Studio Ghibli called Studio Ghibli Monogatari last night. MC was Ken Watanabe. It covered from the rookie days of Miyazaki to the new project Kokuriko-saka. It was generally in chronological order but not always, and some anime like Howling Castle got less air time than some (like Laputa).

That sounds like it would've been fun to watch.

Actually, I should probably rewatch some Ghibli films sometime soon.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:19 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Whaaaaaaaaat.
Your body does not seem to have been ready. I did try to warn you.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:56 am

View Original PostDevRei17 wrote:Nice. :thumbsup:

Thanks! The most interesting part of the program is about the rivalry (and friendship) between Miyazaki and Takada. Grave of Fireflies and My Neighbor Totoro had to be shown as a double-bill (can you imagine how shocking it was to the cinema-goers when they saw GoF right after Totoro???) because neither was long enough to warrant a billing by itself. And the story of competition and cooperation between the two during that time was interesting. Takada later criticized heavily Miyazaki's tendency to go all the way for the fantasy direction and made slice-of-real-life "My Neighbors the Yamadas" as response to Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke. On the other hand, Miyazaki went on to make Spirited Away.

================

Last weekend Anime BD sales ranking from Amazon JP

PMMM = Puella Magi Madoka Magika
IS = Infinite Stratos
01 PMMM #1
02 PMMM #5
03 PMMM #2
04 Borrower Arrietty
05 PMMM #4
06 PMMM #3
07 MS Gundam UC #3
08 IS #1
09 IS #2
10 K-On!! #9
11 OreImo #4
12 IS #3
13 IS #4
14 Index II #3
15 IS #5
16 Laputa
17 IS #6
18 Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei BD Box
19 Star Driver #3
20 Star Driver #9
21 Sora no Otoshimono BD Box
22 Ika-Musume #5
23 OreImo #5
24 Ika-Musume #4
25 Freezing #1
26 Zoku Sayonara Zetasubou Sensei BD Box
27 Koreha Zombie Desuka? #1
28 Mononoke + Ke~ayakkshi~Bakeneko BD Box
29 Index II #4
30 Strike Witches repress BD Box

===================

PV for Qweasr II is out... SOMA !!!
http://www.qwaser.jp/pvcm.html
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:50 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:
================

Last weekend Anime BD sales ranking from Amazon JP

PMMM = Puella Magi Madoka Magika
IS = Infinite Stratos
01 PMMM #1
02 PMMM #5
03 PMMM #2
05 PMMM #4
06 PMMM #3

===================

Yeah, it´s pretty safe to say now that another season of SZS is veryveryfaraway.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:07 am

Caught up with SRW OG Inspector - I enjoy this show much more now that the conflict and action is actually properly motivated and has real dramatic punch at times. Pretty enjoyable.

Kimi ni Todoke ep 10

キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

I've been waiting for this to happen for 36 episodes :asuka_sad: :asuka_sad:

I screamed and nearly jumped up from my chair when I saw Joe attack...oh how sweet was the joy when his plans were foiled... :shinji_boohoo:

It was worth the wait!

:asuka_thumbsup:

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:49 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Yeah, it´s pretty safe to say now that another season of SZS is veryveryfaraway.

Considering that the BD box sets are roughly $150 apiece, and that the animation is most likely just upscaled (seeing as SHAFT hadn't invested in HD equipment at the time they made the first couple of seasons of SZS), the poor sales aren't surprising at all.

Plus, I'd rather let the manga produce some more amazing chapters that need to be animated before they do another season (if they ever do). I'd say the last 30 or so chapters have been a bit mediocre, but there's a couple in there that are really great.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Caught up with SRW OG Inspector - I enjoy this show much more now that the conflict and action is actually properly motivated and has real dramatic punch at times. Pretty enjoyable.

Glad to see you finally see the light.Image

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:12 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Yeah, it´s pretty safe to say now that another season of SZS is veryveryfaraway.

Wait... you mean you consider being #18 and #26 is poor ranking???

Given they are old shows, the fact they were above all the BD sales of current season's anime except for Madoka and Infinite Stratos, I would say that this is very respectable result they have. Also need to bear in mind is that they are BD box which means they are re-release of BDs with a simpler and more economical packaging.

Not sure if they are going to do anything with Zan SZS though...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Return to “Old Stickies”