Eva-05 and -06 Designs & Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:37 pm

I thought Unit-6 was in orbit or something. But I can't tell speed and angle from a clip. Unit-6's 'eyes' glow red (so I'm thinking that's when it activated). But the Eva needs to be activated to hold up an AT Field. I don't think its Kaworu's doing since that halo isn't the typical form of an angel AT Field.

I really need to stop posting.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Chowwow wrote:These designs are interesting, though a bit derivative. There's something about them that doesn't seem right - trying too hard to look like an Eva maybe?

How can an Eva try too hard to look like an Eva?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:11 pm

that gives eva psychology a whole other meaning

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

GWAR

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:54 am

[This was originally in the thread about Revoltech Eva figures, but the commentary and speculation about Eva-05 completely consumed the whole "Revoltech" angle, and it was impossible to separate the two. A string of Eva-05-related posts in the 2.0 trailer thread inspired by the Revoltech thread have been messily incorporated, as well. Might as well have it all in one place...]

Looks like Revoltech is coming out with 4 new ones in June: Eva-01, Eva-02, Eva-05, and Eva-we're-not-telling. Eva-02 has no obvious horns (wut?) and Eva-05 doesn't look a whole lot like the thing in either preview (double wut?). However, conforming with the expectations of some, Eva-05 has no obvious arms. They just sort of... stop below the deltoids. Talk about being unarmed! Hurrrrrr.

Hopefully the great TMBountyHunter will get us some nice scans when he secures an issue of Dengeki Hobby 5/09, but in the meantime this will do.
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:48 am

Meh. I found something slightly better than the little scan that you posted Reichu. I managed to check the Revoltech blog site and they posted a clearer image of the figures that will be coming out soon.

[url]http://bakaneko.way-nifty.com/revoltech/[/url]

I wonder if that Eva figure thats in shadow is Eva Unit 05? What's with all the wires on its shoulder pylons? And that board or drill accessory its holding looks HUGE.

*EDIT:
I think the horns on Unit 02 are present. I see a vague curvature on the head of the figure that would only be formed if there were horns. We just need some closer shots to confirm this.
Last edited by Electric Sachiel on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lagann » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:54 am

the wires or whatever were featured in the preview, the were guiding the eva on rails,at least that what it looked like.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:58 am

Lagann wrote:the wires or whatever were featured in the preview, the were guiding the eva on rails,at least that what it looked like.

Yeah but you would think they would detach or something once the Eva's done using the Elevator lift. I guess they're a permanent feature on Eva Unit 05's shoulder pylons?

Ingraman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ingraman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:26 am

Thank you for the news people! But now i MUST try to limit my wild design speculations...
Last edited by Ingraman on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Itac
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Itac » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:26 am

To me, it doesn't look like Eva-05 will be able to use the standard rail system.

Looking at the shadow, it looks as though it has 3 if not 4 legs. (4 legs would make more sense). It would be difficult to fit it on the launch rail, or even move(of course the mechanics are vague from the shadowy picture, but it does not look like it could move well). So, those things on its pylons are probably designed for it's own movement system.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:52 am

The more I look at Eva 05 the more I feel this poor creature is not gonna make it past minute 5 in the new movie. It really is Provisional.

Ingraman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ingraman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:47 am

Damn, the design of That thing (05...) is intersting....it's only a prototype toy maybe, but note that there is a (very) long element that arrives until beyond Eva-02 and probably over...and beyond the female figure it seems there is a very unusual leg...with a pair of circular elements....(ok, stop conjectures now).

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:51 am

Ingraman wrote:and beyond the female figure it seems there is a very unusual leg...with a pair of circular elements....(ok, stop conjectures now).

I wonder could that be wheels that Eva Unit 05 uses to move around? Wheels like the ones on the Tachikomas from Ghost in the Shell? :toothy:

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lagann » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:58 am

05's looking more and more like a praying mantis.

Ingraman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ingraman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:01 pm

So, with wheels and (maybe) electric elements over the pylons...we have a deadly dodge'em!

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:12 pm

also note the grayed-out bit behind 01... is that part of 05 as well? Looks to me like a crazy-long leg is reaching out on both sides, with two spindly legs ending in wheels (one behind the other in the pic) supporting the middle.

eva with training wheels?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Baz
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Baz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:28 pm

Wheels, huge insects, extra limbs, it's all good. As long as they don't have an undersea eva piloted by a dolphin. If that happens, I'm boycotting.
Software Error. Press left mouse button to continue.
Guru Meditation #00000004.0000AAC0

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Maybe it's provisional cause it's simply meant to train the Eva pilots. But then again that seems pointless since they've already got the Simulation Suit.

What does Eva 05 do? I think I'm gonna take a break from this and wait for the movie to find out.

....Yeah right.

Ingraman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ingraman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:51 pm

Baz wrote:Wheels, huge insects, extra limbs, it's all good. As long as they don't have an undersea eva piloted by a dolphin. If that happens, I'm boycotting.

The dolphin is in the aquarium behind Asuka, trained at the ''International Environment Foundation: Japan Ocean Ecosystem Conservation Organization''. Now the circle is complete...

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:00 pm

You can see the "shadow Eva" more clearly here
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:15 pm

NAveryW wrote:You can see the "shadow Eva" more clearly here

A tiny bit better but not by much. Also that pic was posted before by Reichu. I hope closer clearer shots from either a magazine or maybe an upcoming toy convention in Japan will reveal better details for these figures.

While not always anime accurate, these figures are the best previews we can get on the new Eva designs...at least until we get a better quality trailer or maybe a detailed magazine pull-out poster.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”