Evangelion 13: fate, mechanics, etc.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:04 am

Good catch!

So yeah, that confirm that special anti-ATF ammunition has been developed during the Time Skip. So it's perfectly possible that Mari's handgun used these bullets.

A shame they didn't have these magic bullet bacj then during the fight against Zeruel, could have avoided a lot of troubles for everyone... :um:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:53 am

Also, it uses eye beams that are made from A.T.
100% confirmation that Mark.09 has an A.T field i think.

Eva-13 was most likely modified and i'ts A.T field was taken off somehow, to defend against AA ammo.
For 09 they didn't have enough budget :lol: to modify it similar to Eva-13, so Seele had to depend on that armor thing.

Can't hit its core is because of SEELE's plate.

Hmmm......Why did they need the Seele's armor plate to defend i'ts core, if Mark.09 already had full body core?

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:21 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:
Hmmm......Why did they need the Seele's armor plate to defend i'ts core, if Mark.09 already had full body core?

Dunno, but it must be important somehow. My guess is that the Mark.09 has a full body core, but also has a central core containing the entry plug and such like the other Evas, which is protected by the plate. My guess is that destroying the central core would have killed the Mark.09 or hindered its operations in some way. Either that or the plate is to prevent Asuka from destroying the exposed core, which would destroy the Mark.09's entry plug and ReiQ. However, since Rei's ejection apparently doesn't do anything to the Eva, I don't think the plate is really meant to protect her. Maybe SEELE knew that Asuka would aim for the main core first, and then just put the plate there to troll her so she'd get closer and discover it actually had a full-body core.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:46 am

Btw, when Asuka shot Mark.09 with that AA ammo, did she shot i'ts core or head? It seemed like she was aiming for the head (Not sure, too blurry camrip)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:02 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Btw, when Asuka shot Mark.09 with that AA ammo, did she shot i'ts core or head? It seemed like she was aiming for the head (Not sure, too blurry camrip)

I'm pretty sure it was the core, as shooting an Eva in the head is pretty useless compared to the insta-kill of core destruction (as demonstrated by the MP Evas in EoE). Additionally, after Asuka fires, the shot is deflected by the plate over the core and we have a big close-up of the plate, followed by Asuka complaining about the plate (in the image I posted before) which all implicate the core as her target.

And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 am

Mari already proved that headshooting Mark.09 is useless as it's still able to function headless. The rest of the time decapitation is pretty much an intant KO for piloted EVAs, as the pain feedback tend to KO'd the pilot(hence why Misato tried to cut off the nerves connection to EVA-02 when Asuka charged Zeruel back in NGE). So yeah I think it's safe to assume she was aiming for the core.

Besides, Mark.09 was awakened and in "auto-pilot" mode, so shooting the head ws prety much useless.
As for the special plate, my headcanon is that in "normal mode" Mark.09's entire body is it's core, making him almost indestructible(it also explains why it's so much of a pain in the ass for WILLE), but once awakened, Mark.09's energy is concentraded in the "main core", making it Mark.09's weak point.
So SEELE must have added this little extra-protectin to protect their "champion" when things got serious, as these ADAM' survivor/vessel things don't seems to grow on trees.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:29 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
Besides, Mark.09 was awakened and in "auto-pilot" mode, so shooting the head ws prety much useless.
As for the special plate, my headcanon is that in "normal mode" Mark.09's entire body is it's core, making him almost indestructible(it also explains why it's so much of a pain in the ass for WILLE), but once awakened, Mark.09's energy is concentraded in the "main core", making it Mark.09's weak point.
So SEELE must have added this little extra-protectin to protect their "champion" when things got serious, as these ADAM' survivor/vessel things don't seems to grow on trees.

My only problem with that theory is that Mark. 09 later exhibits full-body core properties in an awakened state, which is why Asuka eventually has to self-destruct Eva-02 to take it down. Possibly there are different stages to awakening (similar to the stages of pseudo-evolution Eva-01 goes through in 2.0) and Eva Mark. 09 needed some time before it could utilise its full-body core properties (and was thus reliant on a single core until then) hence the need for protection until it fully awakened and became invulnerable.

And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:41 am

My take is that once Asuka realized she couldn't hit the one-hit-KO weak point, she settled for the good old "make it blow up and pray that the pieces won't start moving" method.
Self-destructing her EVA was a very brutal way to do it, but hey, it worked!(unless Mark.09 makes a come back in Final, just to further troll Asuka! :lol: )

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:45 am

ONE more thing: i have a theory, now that we are talking about A.T fields: has anyone considered that A.T and A.A.T are in rebuilt just a mere part of Eva's normal weaponry, like progressive knife? So there wouldn't be the "your soul reflects an A.T field, that is the shield of your mind" thing/issue or anything like that.

I think that the reason why Eva-13 didn't have an A.T field similar to Eva-01 where it can use one big field with just one hand, like in the battle against Zeruel, is maybe because Eva-13 A.T field was installed to those thingies rather than to it's hands/other place in Eva's armor, coz it's quite hard for Shinji to use normal A.T field in a fast paced one-on-one combat against Asuka: a pilot far superior to him.

I think that those AA ammo's don't have any effect against any normal things, such as normal metal or that Seele's protective core armor plate on Mark.09.

Though, i don't know how to explain AA ammo's that were absorbed by Eva-13........There certainly was some special stuff going on.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:12 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:ONE more thing: i have a theory, now that we are talking about A.T fields: has anyone considered that A.T and A.A.T are in rebuilt just a mere part of Eva's normal weaponry, like progressive knife? So there wouldn't be the "your soul reflects an A.T field, that is the shield of your mind" thing/issue or anything like that.

I think that the reason why Eva-13 didn't have an A.T field similar to Eva-01 where it can use one big field with just one hand, like in the battle against Zeruel, is maybe because Eva-13 A.T field was installed to those thingies rather than to it's hands/other place in Eva's armor, coz it's quite hard for Shinji to use normal A.T field in a fast paced one-on-one combat against Asuka: a pilot far superior to him.

I think that those AA ammo's don't have any effect against any normal things, such as normal metal or that Seele's protective core armor plate on Mark.09.

Though, i don't know how to explain AA ammo's that were absorbed by Eva-13........There certainly was some special stuff going on.

The AT Field is still clearly something special in Rebuild, as the Angels all still utilise the ATF for levitation, cross-explosions and such, and it seems to be the source of the halos and other effects that Angels produce while attacking. Eva-01 also seems to be able to turn its AT Field into eyebeams, and we've seen limited Anti-AT Fields being used by the Nemesis Series Code 4A. The ATF probably isn't technology-based, seeing as Angels can deploy them. We don't have any proof or lack of proof that humans have AT Fields as well, though. They do seem to be able to give the Nemesis Series and the Wunder AT Fields, although those seem to operate on similar principles to the Evas (the Nemesis Series have cores; the Wunder has similarities to the Evas and may actually be a big floating Eva/dead Angel)

The theory about the AA Ammo seems solid, although there's a noticeable difference between how the ammo reacts to Eva-13 and Mark.09's plate. Whereas the ammo seemingly disappears a few inches short of hitting Eva-13, it clearly rebounds of Eva Mark.09's plate, as there is a sound when it hits and the Mark.09 moves a bit from the impact (although it's not damaged).

And I'm nothing like you

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:39 am

Yeah, you got a point.
I forgot that angel part...... :stars:
There is still one desperate theory: NERV was able to copy A.T field from rebuilt's 3rd angel to Eva's when it was under research.

Though, this would require that Adams/Eva's and angels don't have any connections, which they obviously have here......

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:57 am

It would be nice if the CRC explained at least what "AA" stands for : Anti-Armor seems the more logical, but I have the hunch it could be something else.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:48 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:It would be nice if the CRC explained at least what "AA" stands for : Anti-Armor seems the more logical, but I have the hunch it could be something else.

SPOILER: Show

If the big screen to the right of Asuka's head in this image is to be believed, then "Anti-ATF" (Anti AT-Field) seems to be the most logical answer.

To summarise, AA Ammo (Anti-AT Field Ammo) is ammo that can bypass an AT Field, but miraculously disappears when it touches something that has no AT Field at all (Eva-13). It can be deflected by solid, bulletproof objects such as SEELE's special plate.

And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:01 am

:facepalm: And I didn't even made the connection, even through I'm the one who defended the fact that Anti-ATF ammunitions existed in Q!

I guess I was to focused on the traditional meaning of AA bullet(i.e. Anti-Armor)

Then I hope the CRC or Final will explain how these special bullets works, because a bullet who can pierces ATF but is stopped by armor is kinda useless when any EVA is covered head-to-toes in armor...

Unless its effectively an One-Shot-Kill bullet when used against an unprotected core(the Nemesis Series don't seems have theirs protected) and another possible use is to corrode the target's ATF to make direct damages with an EVA classical weaponry and the WILLE fleet truckload of canons and missiles possible.

Although I still don't see why EVA-13 made them magically disappear...

Fun fact : in the last battle between Asuka and EVA-13, she said to Mari "You're cleared to use AA ammo!" Does that mean that AA ammo is rare and difficult to produce and that to use them a pilot needs a clearance from a superior officer? That would also means that Asuka is Mari's superior! :D

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:17 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote::.

Fun fact : in the last battle between Asuka and EVA-13, she said to Mari "You're cleared to use AA ammo!" Does that mean that AA ammo is rare and difficult to produce and that to use them a pilot needs a clearance from a superior officer? That would also means that Asuka is Mari's superior! :D

AA Ammo is probably pretty rare, although its clearance level may also be due to the fact that, if misfired, it could also be detrimental to friendly Evas. I wonder, would it be able to neutralise human ATFs and cause people to tang? Asuka seems to be Mari's superior, although I don't really see what qualifies her for the position since she and Mari are pretty equal in skill. Notably Asuka apparently doesn't need anyone's permission to use AA Ammo ( though that may be because of the imminent danger of the Mark.09

And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:57 am

Maybe the fact Asuka is Mari's superior come from her Captain rank back then when she was in the European Air Force, and/or maybe it come from events during the Time Skip.
As for the clearance, well Asuka don't need clearance from a superior officer, because she herself is a superior officer(if she kept her rank from the EAF)

Another mystery of the time skip I guess...

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 am

Unless she was promoted, Asuka would be the same rank as mari, as mari also seems to be involved with european military, Asuka is a captain becouse in military anyone who pilots an aircraft is automatically a captain, it derives from when air force was new and they took terminology from the navy, in navy a captain is responsible for the ship.

So mari would be wingman and Asuka squadron leader,but still equals, like spec ops, everyone can exerce leadership if the apointed team leader dies, but untill then he has the authority.
ANATA BAKA !?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:39 am

Eva-13 appears to have a barrier in place when it gets rammed by Wunder, but it, predictably, doesn't look like an A.T. Field. Looks like a plasma globe, almost. Also, you can see white rings encircling Eva-13 at the same time. Not sure what the rainbow is all about. Helps to watch these in motion, but too lazy to make animated GIFs.

SPOILER: Show

The A.T. Field in the second image is Wunder's. It uses it to deflect its weapons onto Eva-13.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:48 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Eva-13 appears to have a barrier in place when it gets rammed by Wunder, but it, predictably, doesn't look like an A.T. Field. Looks like a plasma globe, almost. Also, you can see white rings encircling Eva-13 at the same time. Not sure what the rainbow is all about. Helps to watch these in motion, but too lazy to make animated GIFs.

The A.T. Field in the second image is Wunder's. It uses it to deflect its weapons onto Eva-13.

I got the impression that the circular thing was Wunder's AT field forming a cage to trap Eva-13.

Misato says to put maximum AT field to trap the eva.
Also sprach Zarathustra

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:02 am

And I thought the circular something was Unit 13's AT-field.

After Iruel's visual typo of a hexagonal AT-field in the original series, I wouldn't be surprised if a godlike Eva were to have a non-octagonal field.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”