All Studio Trigger stuff goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:43 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:...Honnoji Academy has introduced new Konnyaku with Life Fiber, created through a joint development with the Sanageyama Konnyaku company. This konnyaku tastes good for a change... and one more thing! It also works as a phone, complete with touch panel and the new operating system "sOS" developed by Honnoji Academy's own Shiro Iori.

Sanageyama Konnyaku has a long history in the industry, with connections through Uzu Sanageyama, this new venture has been financially backed by the Kiryuin family. The press conference also saw the introduction of Naniwa Kinman High school's new lighter, more cost effective model of Meat Armour

You know, this being Kill la Kill, it's very possible that it's not an April Fools but the genuine deal! :rofl:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:55 pm

What do you guys think the characters are going to do from now on?

-Nonon is a composer/conductor, so she's got a future in music.
-Inu is an expert at computers/data security. Governments would hire him to snoop on others can keep themselves unhacked. Or he could work with his father on the police force against cyber crimes.
-Gamagoori's uncle runs a steel mill, so he could work there or take it over, anything really.
-Uzu's father and older brother run the Konnyaku business back in Kanto, but if he wanted to he could go pro at Kendo. He's still got his eye tricks so I don't think many other competitors would be able to face him in a match.
-Iori I can see him working as Satsuki's head tailor if she decides to take over REVOCS and turn it into a regular corporation once things blow over.
-Satsuki is rich and uses REVOCS to make clothes or become a director/teacher of a new school for orphans.

-Tsumugu and Aikurou obviously going to open up a strip club
-Ryuko and Mako themselves are second class and haven't graduated yet. I'd imagine they go to a regular Tokyo High School now. After that, Mako will follow her mother and become a nurse and housewife. Ryuuko may become a musician, motorcycle racer or a tailor in the future.

Honestly the Honnouji graduates are all set for life after High School. I hope we see what they've been up to in the OVA now that things are mostly normal.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:02 pm

I can imagine Ryuuko becoming a teacher or a school therapist actually- she might even start her own school!
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:03 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:I'm going to rewatch one episode each Thursday again. It's the only way to deal with the hole it has left. I should be done when it's out.

This is actually the best idea.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:17 pm

>Conversation with Asako Nishida (character designer of Love Live) about the finale:

>Yuzu (Satsuki's VA): The scene of Satsuki's catching Ryuuko was ad-libbed; there wasn't anything written in the script. But I thought to myself "I have to catch Ryuuko at any cost!" and screamed my heart out.
>Nishida: I understand now! All the sisterly love that Satsuki had been repressing came out flooding in a single moment!
>Yuzu: Yes! Full-power onee-san mode! (laughs)
>Nishida: The "Welcome home" also gave me shivers! Great work!

>ありがとう流子。流子ちゃんも辛い事いっぱいだったよね。本当によくやってくれた! 流子!流子〜〜!
>最終決戦では地上から見守る事しかできなくて…お姉ちゃんつらかったよ。
>Thank you, Ryuuko! Ryuuko-chan also had to endure a lot, didn't she? But she did her best! Ryuuko! Ryuuko~!
>Watching the final battle from the ground without being able to protect you...it was so painful for your onee-san.

>流子と入籍しました。 #エイプリルフール
>I married Ryuuko #aprilsfool

Oh god Yuzu-nee, stop being such a onee-sama :D

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:40 pm

How could that scene possibly have been ad-libbed? It seems like an integral part of the ending.

Fireball: Re: That expression of Ragyo you linked earlier . . . given what comes after I think it's just smug certainty that the life fibers will return. I wish it represented something deeper, but given the way it's presented in context I just can't see it.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:41 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:

this one's for you buddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-QRkgh7OWw

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

CalicoCat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CalicoCat » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:04 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Fireball: Re: That expression of Ragyo you linked earlier . . . given what comes after I think it's just smug certainty that the life fibers will return. I wish it represented something deeper, but given the way it's presented in context I just can't see it.

I finally got round to looking at the English translation of the lyrics to "Blumenkranz" (a pretty natural version is here), and I just get the feeling that whatever is going through Ragyo's mind at that point, it's somehow linked with the final verse:
What do you want from me?
Whether I want to or not, I have to pursue the enemy
I'm not free of this world

No matter how tough you are
Soar higher!
Run much faster!
You're really strong
You're making a flower wreath
Why do you look so sad?

For me, the look that Ragyo has for that one moment is: "You're everything I'd hoped you'd be: why wouldn't you come with me?"
Do not throw souls!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Thursday has come, and it has brought with it a giant Senketsu-shaped hole within my heart. :sniffle:

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:20 pm

Well, I rewatched the first episode again.

The direction of it is pretty much perfect. The way it introduces tone, setting, and characters are all flawless, not to mention the animation and art are gorgeous. The whole episode stands out particular for its visual design and the spectacular use of color palettes. The play with the deep, contrasting washed out blue/orange colors gives you a sense of progression as the day starts as any normal school day in the morning and ends in the evening with an atmospheric sunset.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/68101

SPOILER: Show

I really adore the art direction of the show. It's charming, imaginative and relentlessly stylish. The onslaught of big red letters and names threatens to be overwhelming, but married to strongly evocative designs and profiles, it makes putting names to faces much simpler. I would describe this introduction much as I would Ryuuko: confident, loud, aggressive, and rough around the edges. The entire episode does really well in putting the watcher into the shoes of Ryuuko, a complete stranger who is thrown right into frenzy of Hounouji Academy.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Got my Satsuki shirt I ordered from Redbuble.

Very good quality, if you ask me. i'm impressed.
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:12 pm

I think somebody mentioned here earlier that FAKKU! is selling a Nui shirt. If anybody's interested, J-list also has some interesting options.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:32 am

View Original PostGasmaskAvenger wrote:Got my Satsuki shirt I ordered from Redbuble.

Very good quality, if you ask me. i'm impressed.

Neat. I'll get mine soon too.

Final Trigger Magazine covering KLK just went out.

The final episode of KILL la KILL has finally aired! I can't believe this newsletter has continued for over half a year now as well. Quite amazing, really. All I'm doing is ranting whatever comes to my mind, while Ms. Higuchi is writing a proper report. I really do feel bad for her.

>So, like always I can't help myself from getting derailed. Has anyone noticed that only the male characters are able to show their bare self? I mean look at Mataro, he's running around in his full glory. We draw a guy half naked and no one bats an eye. We add one detail on the breast of a girl and everyone loses their minds. This is injustice. I don't think I'm making much sense either right now, so I would like to end this rant with Ryuko's panty shot.

>Since this week's report highlights the last episode of KILL la KILL, I've got the approval to share more keyframes than usual! Some of our fans may have noticed but a lot of the staffs who participated in the final episode are big shot animators. Boy was the scanning process a pleasure.

SPOILER: Show

The last episode of KILL la KILL is finally here! This has been the shortest 6 months I have yet to experience! This episode packed so many powerful quotes! People are people! Clothing is clothing! There comes a time when a girl must outgrow her sailor uniform (school uniform)! They're stating the obvious, but something about these quotes really moves my heart! Episode 24 has really taught me the values of nonsensical things. The world is beautiful because there are so many things that are beyond our comprehension. It is the result of countless threads of unknown factors woven together. KILL la KILL is a grand example of this. Each and every staffs feelings, their passion are aggregated into a canvas we know as KILL la KILL. I know I am not making much sense right now, but I felt the same way with our creators as well. They are all crazy and over the top! But, after being able to interact with some of our viewers, I realized that our fans are just as crazy as our creators. With the series completed, some of our heated fans may fallen into "KLK deprivation." I too am feeling a bit lonely that the series has ended... But fear not! Rumor says that there is a possibility of an episode 25, and my hopes are high!

With KILL la KILL finished, I would like to thank the creators, and especially our fans for all the support we have received!

Higuchi reporting out! :salute:

Preview of the second OST

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kp2i ... B-hd_music

Nudist Beach theme is so hype

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:27 am

FB, where is your short haired Satsuki avatar? I expected it a week ago! :devil:
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:27 am

B-but I like Stacey's long hair. It's so metal

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:50 pm

Well this would have made the series a lot less dramatic.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:56 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:B-but I like Stacey's long hair. It's so metal

Short-haired Satsuki is happy Satsuki. You want your Steel Queen happy, don't you?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Here's the final form of the KLK pacing chart.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:26 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Short-haired Satsuki is happy Satsuki. You want your Steel Queen happy, don't you?

Just let me pretend the series isn't over yet :ehh:

lol I'm listening to the second drama CD. There is a power outage in Hounouji so the Devas are dining in the dark and hijinks ensure.

Monkey can't catch whatever he wanna catch and thinks he accidentally groped Ryuuko

Ryuuko: Sanageyama, you're touching my tits
Monkey: PLEASE I'M SORRY, MATOI!
Barazo: Oh yes my tits, that's a good feeling eh bro
Ryuuko: Yay! Yay! You fell for it! (first time I hear her laughing her ass off like that, hnnng)

also Guts eats life fibers and goes berserk or something

will looky for a complete translation

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Return to “Studio Trigger”