-46h (GENERAL)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Re: -46h (GENERAL)

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:27 am

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:Because there’s a new pink-hair Midori picture? No, I don’t think that’s evidence of moving Third Impact up 14 years. Seems more likely to me that she’s in a pre-flashback scene, set within a couple of days of 3.0, before a flashback to Third Impact (where we see her with brown hair, or her mom).

I'm starting to have doubts that it's Midori's mom: the images seems to point that this short will be a recollection of A3I from the people that were there, but if it's Midori's mom (who we know died 14 years before 3.0), then that would mean that little Midori shouldn't be far away, but then how did she survived?

The logical explanation would be that this long-haired girl is Midori herself, but then how old would that make Midori? Everything about her in 3.0 and Thrice, from her height to her voice, her demeanor and the fact she share her room with Sakura, points to her being young, around Sakura's age.

Another explanation could be that this short will be a mix of recollection and "omniscient POV", the part about the long haired woman being something that only her got to see before dying.

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:These new pictures confirm the presence of Model-02α-EIV! What angel is infecting its arm; 9th, 11th?

Could be the 9th Angel waking up, since Asuka is still wearing what looks like a prototype version of her Angel-sealing eyepatch. Maybe the mini-pillar will be inserted in her eye after A3I?

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:What Unit is pictured in the middle distance beyond Midori(‘s mom)? What angel died to make the further distant cross; 11th, 12th? What does the partial coreization of the earth mean?

That could be Mark.06? Logically it's the only Eva that still has all its limbs at this point in time, unless Unit 08 is already ready and deployed but I doubt it.
Although looking at how the other images (except the one with Midori) seems to be about the Actual Third Impact, and looking at the landscape on the background also being blood red, maybe that "Eva" is actually a Failure of Infinity being formed (and before it lose its head, since it seems to still had one), if so then this "Eva" should had the form of Unit 01, that would explain why this Eva looks to be completely red.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:33 am

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Is this implying 3I happened just before 3.0?

No. 3.0 happened 14 years before 3.0. We know Misato was pregnant when the Third Impact happened (the reason why she didn't sacrifice along Kaji).

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:What Unit is pictured in the middle distance beyond Midori(‘s mom)? What angel died to make the further distant cross; 11th, 12th? What does the partial coreization of the earth mean?

I suspect that Eva is Eva-01 (without the Spear of Cassius). In 3.0, Eva-01 has part of its body corified. We may finally discover why humans (like Midori or Touji) were so terrified about N3I.

A Failure of the Infinity is another option. Maybe it happened before they lost their heads.

2Lacissal2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 2Lacissal2 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:44 am

If you zoom in it looks like FoI given the slight translucency. If it was Eva 01 the horn would possibly be visible (unless maybe the heads completely slumped forward). Also the arms look like they’re still attached to the coreified Earth, like the Eva is being formed/pulled out of the core like Stretch Armstrong.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:52 am

Poor Unit-02. She's got a spare arm from Unit-00, what might be spare parts from Unit-05 and an Angel infection.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:49 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:The logical explanation would be that this long-haired girl is Midori herself, but then how old would that make Midori? Everything about her in 3.0 and Thrice, from her height to her voice, her demeanor and the fact she share her room with Sakura, points to her being young, around Sakura's age.

To be fair, Sakura's age is a mistery. She is younger than Touji, but her age in 2.0 could be 10 years old.

If the long-haired girl is Midori, it wouldn't be so difficult to imagine that she is 14 years old. She doesn't look so different from Asuka or Mari.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:25 pm

Nobody thinks the girl could be Midori's sister? If it's not Midori herself, that's the only other possibility I think. Makes way more sense than it being her mom, which I'm 100% certain it isn't.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:55 pm

Fuck me: the second angel Lilith died to make the further distant cross. That's the fifth cross, before it grows and tips over to to the south pole!

SPOILER: Show
View Original Postnerv bae wrote:I nursed the topic's theory for a bit that the fifth cross at the Second Impact site is Lilith's, centered over the south pole but rooted at the Third Impact site in Japan. A math genius should be able to tell us the length of the cross (several thousand miles?) and its angle of lean, passing through the earth, based on trigonometry and Japan's latitude on the globe. If the angle of lean from trigonometry matches what we see in this scene then I think it'd be conclusive:

However, evidence against this theory is the path dragged through the L-Barrier by the towed black moon. Assuming neo-NERV HQ towed the black moon directly from Japan down a line of longitude on the globe, then the dragged path should point straight north back up to Japan. But the fifth cross is plainly pointing north on a different line of longitude (like, up toward Kazakhstan maybe?).

In the initial combat scenes over the south pole, the fifth cross is fairly reliably shown in the background to Wunder's starboard, disapearing over the horizon rather than entering the L-Barrier like the other four crosses:

However I have no idea why it's not shown on Fuyutsuki's tactical overlay here:

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:18 pm

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:
View Original Postnerv bae#939039 wrote:What Unit is pictured in the middle distance beyond Midori(‘s mom)? What angel died to make the further distant cross; 11th, 12th? What does the partial coreization of the earth mean?

Fuck me: the second angel Lilith died to make the further distant cross. That's the fifth cross, before it grows and tips over to to the south pole!

Hmm, hmm, hmm. Even if it could be spiritual and happening in two places at once so to speak, I'd say, unless the Earth in Eva was FLAT, the cross at the south pole couldn't be observed from Japan. I mean, I read the post in the spoiler again and everything, but to me now at least it seems completely impossible that the cross could be rooted in Japan.
Last edited by Adam on Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:23 pm

View Original PostAdam wrote:Hmm, hmm, hmm. Even if it could be spiritual and happening in two places at once so to speak, I'd say, unless the Earth in Eva is FLAT, the cross at the south pole couldn't be observed from Japan.

In the topic linked in the spoiler at the end of my post, we discussed how the fifth cross at the south pole could be rooted in Japan -- see the screenshots where it disappears over the horizon, etc. Okay, you read that stuff. Will wait for further opinions, and will edit in some other crosses into this post in a minute ...

... here are some other angel death crosses from 1.0 and 2.0. I still think this new -46h cross looks a lot more like a south pole cross than any of these other angel death crosses:

SPOILER: Show

I'll go on believing the new -46h cross is the fifth cross until I get shouted down by everyone. :D

2Lacissal2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 2Lacissal2 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:43 pm

If you look at the base of the cross you can see it ending in another Eva/FOI torso.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:14 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Poor Unit-02. She's got a spare arm from Unit-00, what might be spare parts from Unit-05 and an Angel infection.

Unit 02 still has only one arm, the one that Zeruel cut out was probably lost during N3I. I never thought of the possibility that Unit 02's green parts might be spare parts from Unit 05, that would be really funny since it was supposed to be Mari's Eva.
Something I just realized: with its missing arm and armor partially green, it can be a foreshadowing of its later fusion with Jet Alone in Thrice.

Also I didn't noticed at first, but in the image of Unit 02 with the infected(?) arm, the entire landscape is already turned to core.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:56 pm

Am I the only one that faintly sees the blue smudge as some sort of "ghost hand" grabbing Eve-02's forearm (the curled thumb nearer to 02's wrist)?

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:58 pm

∆ Yeah I kinda see it, but hard to say for sure with the low res.

Edit: Midori's parents died in N3I. This has to be 3rd Impact. Different scenery, Asuka back on her feet, repaired Eva-02 etc.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:54 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:∆ Yeah I kinda see it, but hard to say for sure with the low res.

Edit: Midori's parents died in N3I. This has to be 3rd Impact. Different scenery, Asuka back on her feet, repaired Eva-02 etc.

It is possible that more than one time period will be depicted (properly, not in flashbacks), but less and less likely the shorter the playtime ends up being.

How long do you all estimate it will be? Do you think there will be new musical compositions?

2Lacissal2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 2Lacissal2 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:04 am

It could be anything from a Until You Come to Me length music video without dialogue where everything is told through visuals, to a Paris AVANT length sequence.

Something I hadn't considered is the storage capacity of blu rays. Someone who unlike me isn't tech incompetent could weigh in but Thrice is 2 and a half hours long, most blu rays I think can store 3 hours of HD footage before you have to start compressing things and compromosing picture quality, so if everything is on one disc, that might be an upper limit to -46 hour length.

I don't think the greenparts on 02 are from 05. Eva 05 has a completely different, pointed chest structure (in a grey colour) and the shoulder pylons are have black with yellow trim. They look closest to thetwo-tone grey-green on the original MP Evas in the preview at the end of 3.0

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:09 am

View Original PostDantesInferno wrote:It is possible that more than one time period will be depicted (properly, not in flashbacks), but less and less likely the shorter the playtime ends up being.

How long do you all estimate it will be? Do you think there will be new musical compositions?

I think the Third Impacts scenes will be frashbacks from different characters (Asuka, Midori, maybe another characters).

The special happened 46 hours before 3.0. At this point, WILLE crew are preparing to go retrieve Eva-01. This probably causes the characters to reminisce about associated events.

That's why I suspect that this special might finally reveal the connection between N3I and the Third Impact.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:08 am

It'd be cool if they bring back Leliel, even if they're renamed and in a new order...

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:19 pm

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:Image

This scene looks somewhat familiar, there are a lot of visual clues in "Come to me" (including Rei's death and Shinji turning the page on his sadness):

Maybe Unit 01 reawakens before it is sent to space? In the video it looks like it's being attacked with conventional weapons and is not missing an arm.

It seems way too big in the -46h picture through, so it might just be a failure of infinity. Hard to say if there is a head on it or not.

2Lacissal2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 2Lacissal2 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:21 pm

View Original PostDantesInferno wrote:Am I the only one that faintly sees the blue smudge as some sort of "ghost hand" grabbing Eve-02's forearm (the curled thumb nearer to 02's wrist)?

The blue smudge could be (like) the blue goo tendrils the Mark 09 uses to try and hijack the Wunder. Here it could have been grabbing 02's arm, which has broken free, and the tendrils still attached have started to dissolve/dissipate.

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:51 pm

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:In the topic linked in the spoiler at the end of my post, we discussed how the fifth cross at the south pole could be rooted in Japan -- see the screenshots where it disappears over the horizon, etc. Okay, you read that stuff. Will wait for further opinions, and will edit in some other crosses into this post in a minute ...

I'll go on believing the new -46h cross is the fifth cross until I get shouted down by everyone. :D

I have a globe standing next to me right here in my room, and I can tell you, at this angle, the other end of the cross could never even be close to reaching Japan. Australia at best, but not even that, I'm afraid.

Have we got any nice and clear ground zero schematics here anyway, like it was the case with the Black Moon in 3.0? I think not, and if so then I missed it. We got this South Pole topography thread, which also didn't come to a real conclusion:
post/933789/Topography-of-the-south-pole/#933789
This is not the threat you were referrint to above?

Why are the crosses so far away from the Ground Zero gate anyway, if that's where "shit went down" during 2nd Impact? The Wunder is basically leaving the crosses' pillars behind (also visible when "underground") and progressing to Calvary Base. And why again can only 4 crosses be seen when they approach the rainbow gate? Could nobody even in Japan make sense of this whole shenanigans by now? :D

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”