Official Waiting For Camrip Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Official Waiting For Camrip Thread

Postby JuanSorel » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:02 pm

View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote:
View Original PostMarynou_penguin#912374 wrote:I mean, if a camrip takes up to a month this time around, we're probably better off waiting for Amazon to put the movie online. It shouldn't be that far away now.

Isn’t it just for Japanese people?

Anyone with a bit of knowledge can rip that in a nanosecond and put it out there. Once its on Prime, the whole world will be able to see it some way or another.

But some people are also hoping that giving the recent Prime deal and the complicated situation we are in that will mean that in some markets it might come out on prime internationally in a not too distant future.

If it ever happens tough, it wont be in a month. I dont think,.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:24 pm

View Original PostRamslEva wrote:I'd laugh my butt off if the western release came before a camrip. Wouldn't complain, but It'd be the plot twist of the decade.

I watched 2.0 as a rip, then 3.0 within a week of it's release as a rip, so I'm pretty sure Shin will be the same. I don't even need the rip, just a confirmation it's out there on the internet, and i'll be off on my quest to find it.

Big Ben
Embryo

Postby Big Ben » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:41 pm

Did the camrip release that quickly last time? I guess I could get my hopes up a little bit

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:00 pm

View Original PostBig Ben wrote:Did the camrip release that quickly last time? I guess I could get my hopes up a little bit

Movie came out in November, camrip was January.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:47 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:
View Original PostBig Ben#912487 wrote:Did the camrip release that quickly last time? I guess I could get my hopes up a little bit

Which rip are you referring to? I'm pretty sure the one I downloaded was from Dec

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:19 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:
View Original Posthui43210#912521 wrote:

Which rip are you referring to? I'm pretty sure the one I downloaded was from Dec

there was a very poor camrip in december but it was only the final 10 or 15 minutes the fight against zeruel and beast mode.

Japan is still closed to tourists. No permanent resident or Japanese will risk getting deported or going to jail for recording a movie.
ANATA BAKA !?

The_Max
Adam

Postby The_Max » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:20 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:
View Original PostBig Ben#912487 wrote:Did the camrip release that quickly last time? I guess I could get my hopes up a little bit

I wonder if its possible to avoid 3.0 + 1.0 spoilers (at least major ones) for a month, I have the sensation Internet at this time has become a mine field :D at least this forum seems to be doing well preserving spoilers in contained topics with proper titles ^_^
Hey there! I am using EvaGeeks.

os189
Lilith

Postby os189 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:17 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:
View Original PostStan#912977 wrote:

there was a very poor camrip in december but it was only the final 10 or 15 minutes the fight against zeruel and beast mode.

Japan is still closed to tourists. No permanent resident or Japanese will risk getting deported or going to jail for recording a movie.

I'm an American in Japan. I was at a movie premiere a few years back and as the theater got dark I joked to the couple next to me that it was time to pull out the camcorder. They wee HORRIFIED like I had just drowned a kitten or something. I immediately told them I was joking but they wouldn't even look in my direction for the duration of the film.

I don't know anyone that would even THINK of recording a movie here. I guess there's some gangster types that might be ballsy enough but I certainly don't cross paths with those guys. I wouldn't count on any kind of camrip until this movie is out of Japan. A few grainy minutes here and there...sure, someone will do that once the theaters aren't sold out. But it's a LOOOONG movie.

CharPenPen
Embryo

Postby CharPenPen » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:14 am

So I guess we're mostly likely to get a camrip when the film opens in Hong Kong or China. I wonder how long that'll be?

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:12 pm

If khara has any foresight they will want to avoid all that and once the cinema run in Japan has finished arrange digital pay per view streaming for the rest of the world.

The state of the world right now so many places with restrictions it’ll probably be a nightmare logistically to arrange cinema screenings.

And rather than just shelve it they obviously want money from overseas so I can see them putting it out that way, it also avoids the definite piracy that will occur when it releases on blu ray in Japan.

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:17 pm

Or are they going back to the old Japanese custom of letting movies rot in limbo for a year after they have left cinemas before a home release?
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:24 pm

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:Or are they going back to the old Japanese custom of letting movies rot in limbo for a year after they have left cinemas before a home release?

I highly doubt that given the hype.

Khara may be ignorant of its international fans upon releasing a new movie but they ain’t stupid they are very aware of how much people around the world want to see this movie.

Part of me hopes there’s a substantial leak of the movie before blu ray or streaming release just to give khara a reason to go

Please watch the real thing in 4K HD it’s on prime now PPV here you go

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:31 pm

So just to be clear, this is the thread where it'll be announced when a (more or less good) camrip will be spotted on the net? (without providing any link of course)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:36 pm

I think if any cam rip appears but I assume each cam rip will have a description of its quality also.

Seriously though it will take a lot for someone to cam rip the entire movie it’s so long

Icosahedron
Embryo

Postby Icosahedron » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:16 pm

Out of curiosity, how did things go camrip wise with the latest 2020 post covid releases such as Demon Slayer?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:23 pm

About six weeks for Demon Slayer.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:59 pm

From a khara animator

Please wait a little longer for an international release.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:15 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:About six weeks for Demon Slayer.

Man, six weeks avoiding any spoilers will be hard.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:55 pm

I failed and had no self control at the end of it all, went and spoiled myself rotten.

RamslEva
Embryo

Postby RamslEva » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:16 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:I failed and had no self control at the end of it all, went and spoiled myself rotten.

My point of no return was the typing of the password to get in here... and I dont regret it at all. IIRC the same person on twitter (@arcanorosso) seemingly regarded an American release as less of a wait than the UK a while back. Don't know if I'm reading into that too much or not, but it would seem to be a likely story considering the regulations in the US. All I can hope for is when Regal Cinemas opens their doors, whenever that may be, they'll show Shin Eva in 4D. Honestly I just want the camrip so I can just relieve the hype buildup already :D

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”