Did anyone get Eva 3.0 vibes from the third Madoka film?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:06 am

ApolloIVtv

with the huge success of madoka they decided to continue the series after the initial one , so the third movie is not the final

ApolloIVtv
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ApolloIVtv » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:08 am

View Original Postairman4 wrote:with the huge success of madoka they decided to continue the series after the initial one , so the third movie is not the final

I know... that's what I said, right?

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:24 am

Yeah , then why being disappointed if you already know that with the huge success , you'll get an open ending with probably a sequel ?
I mean i dont get your point . or it's me

ApolloIVtv
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ApolloIVtv » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 am

View Original Postairman4 wrote:Yeah , then why being disappointed if you already know that with the huge success , you'll get an open ending with probably a sequel ?
I mean i dont get your point . or it's me

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm disappointed because I think the first PMMM series is great enough on its own, and, if they are going to make another sequel, they'll probably just stretch themselves too thin making more Madoka.

Rebellion on the other hand set itself up as a nice epilogue to finish the story completely and satisfyingly, but instead we get a cliffhangerish, ambiguous ending which feels like it was made for more Madoka to cash in on, unlike End of Eva, which had its ambiguous ending for us to discuss, make our own clues, and actually end the story.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:24 am

It's not that it give the feel that it was made for more Madoka, the creator themselves explicitly said that they made Rebellion to continue the franchise, Rebellion is just a stepping stone for the second part of the franchise, that's why I prefer to wait what said continuation will be before making a final opinion of Rebellion.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Akko
Adam

Re: Did anyone get Eva 3.0 vibes from the third Madoka film?

•      
  •      

Postby Akko » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:15 am

At least Eva Q is getting a sequel *laughs in pain*
Evangelion is like a black hole. Just as you thought you got away, it sucks you right back in.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”