Quantum Kaworu?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:12 am

I tend to agree - but would like to see my idea knocked down (if not embraced) rather than merely swamped and forgotten...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:07 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:It's perfectly clear that there's multiple Kaworus involved.

Did the "scrapped" 3.0 preview say that "Seele children's assembly in session" and Kaworu is...."Seele's boy"...? So those 4 shadows in the "red room" were Kaworu clones? Also, there were 4 moon coffins opened before the Kaworu we know in 1.0 and 2.0....

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:07 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Did the "scrapped" 3.0 preview say that "Seele children's assembly in session" and Kaworu is...."Seele's boy"...? So those 4 shadows in the "red room" were Kaworu clones? Also, there were 4 moon coffins opened before the Kaworu we know in 1.0 and 2.0....

No, if i remember correctly those shadow was not of Kaoru's but Reis' from the same preview according to CRC storyboard. 1.11 CRC script states those other coffins ware that of Kaoru's as well so the connection may not be there, but it could serve as support for the multiple-Kaoru theory I guess.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:27 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Did the "scrapped" 3.0 preview say that "Seele children's assembly in session" and Kaworu is...."Seele's boy"...? So those 4 shadows in the "red room" were Kaworu clones?

Those were Rei + loli Reis according to storyboard

http://www.gwern.net/docs/2010-crc#preview
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:47 am

: ((( I was hoping that it would have been what i said....

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm reasonably certain that no-one is actually being serious about the "two Kaworu's" idea. In the words of Admiral Huff...

[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:22 pm

I hope Final includes a gigantic fistfight between Rei and Kaworu clones.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

cloudxsolder
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cloudxsolder » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:55 pm

View Original PostObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:I'm reasonably certain that no-one is actually being serious about the "two Kaworu's" idea.

I feel this way about the 'Alien Seele' topic.
What urks me the most is that I see more evidence that supports multiple Kaworu's yet the former is more widely accepted.
Whether it be a multiple unviverse/ repeat/ clones in the same timeline - I am of this oppinion.

The probability of us actually being told one way or another is low, which is both frustrating and good at the same time. His mystery is his character, if we knew everything about him, it would be quite boring.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:46 pm

NME Kaworu might be Quantum in the same way as Rei (II?) but I don't think there are several clones of either running around. Maybe at some point in the 14 year timeskip at most--if 2.0's Next Time Preview is anything to go by--but not currently.

I'm thinking at most, Kaworu will meet Shinji again in some form of Instrumentality or metaphysical space. Remember his talk before dying? It just screams of Instrumentality, IMO:

Kaworu, Github translation wrote:Even if your soul disappears, your hopes and curses remain in this world. Your will roams the world as information and gradually changes. In time, even your very self is altered.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Personally, I didn't interpreted his last words as as foreshadowing if Instrumentality : what he's saying that even after his death("Even if your soul disappears"), there is still things he left in the world, moments shared with people, his convictions and acts("your hopes and curses remain in this world."), and what you left behind will influence the people you left("Your will roams the world as information and gradually changes") to change them in turn("In time, even your very self is altered.")

Basically that's Kaworu throwing the old master famous lines of "my will/techniques/teachings survive through you, now it's you turn to apply them", or the classical "even after my death, I'm still with you in your heart and the memories we have shared"... but much more cryptic, 'cause even at death's threshold Kaworu can't stop himself to be cryptic!

Maybe he's hinting that what they shared together will be helpful in Final, probably how to "synchronize his tempo" with another pilot... and now I'm just imagining Shinji trying to teach pilot synchronization to Asuka and/or Mari through piano! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

WunderBah
Shamshel
Shamshel

"Quantum Kaworu" content from Things You Noticed

•      
  •      

Postby WunderBah » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:52 pm

[Merged in from "3.33 Things You Noticed". - Monk]

I remember how there was a "quantum Kaworu" theory around this board before, do you guys believe the speculation has it's own merit? After looking at a comparison with Kaworu from 2.0 and Kaworu in Q, i couldn't shake off the feeling that either it was an art style change or that i'm looking at two intentionally different Kaworu's.

[Kendrix then replied, in a post that was otherwise on-topic in its original context:]

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Or fourteen years passed, in which Kaworu had at least one haircut, and this is how you're supposed to differentiate pre- and post timeskip. Kinda like Mari's glasses and slightly different interface clips.

Artstyle shifted too, but that's the same for Asuka's chin...

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:51 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Artstyle shifted too, but that's the same for Asuka's chin...

I think you mean everyone's chin....
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:59 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I think you mean everyone's chin....

Ahem.

Rei in ep 24  SPOILER: Show
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Deva Victrix
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Deva Victrix » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 pm

View Original PostWunderBah wrote:I remember how there was a "quantum Kaworu" theory around this board before, do you guys believe the speculation has it's own merit? After looking at a comparison with Kaworu from 2.0 and Kaworu in Q, i couldn't shake off the feeling that either it was an art style change or that i'm looking at two intentionally different Kaworu's.

Schrodinger's Kaworu.
THINGS AND STUFF.

Avatar: Werewolf Asuka(THE BEST Asuka.)

WunderBah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WunderBah » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:21 pm

Ah, here's the thread!

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:It's perfectly clear that there's multiple Kaworus involved.

Look at the 2.0 design (henceforth refered to as Haworu)
SPOILER: Show

And the Q design (Qworu)
SPOILER: Show

As well as the comparison. If this was just an artstyle change then that'd be a bit lame, because i'm pretty fascinated by the quantum Kaworu theory in it's own right.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 pm

For future reference, we have a Threads feature at the top of the page. You can see a list of all the threads in a given subforum and use your browser's search-on-page feature (Ctrl-F on Firefox) to find topics by words in their title. There's also a search feature in case you don't remember the title very well but might be able to find it based on words you remember seeing in it or think are likely to be in it -- such as "quantum Kaworu".
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”