Geofront/Moon Stuff

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat May 18, 2013 3:55 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Oh god, Anno has gone as far in the details as to make drawn a geographically correct moon? Why I'm surprised?

It's said that he also drew some scenes hmself and consultet actual physicists for the space scenes...

Seems like he was hit by some real creative impetus there...

The starry sky seen on the poster and the stargazing scene is also correct; These are actual constelations, one of them, in fact, symbolic for "Star-scrossed lovers"...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat May 18, 2013 4:02 pm

The reason I asked TMBounty_Hunter about this was because giant blood splotches on the near side of the Moon obviously weren't present at the end of Near Third Impact. I thought that if maybe, just maybe, the splotches were on the FAR side, we could blame them on Second Impact (i.e., they'd always been there; we just couldn't see them) and call it a day. But now we KNOW we've got our work more than cut out for us... What in the world could have happened during Third Impact to make those big splatter-marks appear?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat May 18, 2013 4:16 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The reason I asked TMBounty_Hunter about this was because giant blood splotches on the near side of the Moon obviously weren't present at the end of Near Third Impact. I thought that if maybe, just maybe, the splotches were on the FAR side, we could blame them on Second Impact (i.e., they'd always been there; we just couldn't see them) and call it a day. But now we KNOW we've got our work more than cut out for us... What in the world could have happened during Third Impact to make those big splatter-marks appear?

The same thing that transformed the ground into a core, made the rest of the world red, created a giant canyon of anatomically correct teeth, slapped a giant red grid of... something on the Moon before making it crash against the Earth and created a swarm of EVA-zombie-cores sprouting from everywhere and fusing to form bigger ones...

Someone brought an interesting theory : that when the 12th Angel attacked, it managed to reach Lilith, started an Impact, and to stop it the lance of Cassius was pulled out from EVA-01, who then resumed it own Impact, making it two Impacts at the same time and same place, which had a "Crossing The Streams" effect, resulting in that crazy landscape.

Or maybe that's how a planet terraformed for ADAM based lifeforms actually looks like...
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sat May 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Kaworu chilling near Kaji's watermelon patch:
SPOILER: Show
Look closely at the background, wouldn't that be the Main Shaft exterior?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat May 18, 2013 5:28 pm

View Original PostK40s wrote:Kaworu chilling near Kaji's watermelon patch:

That's what I thought too at first, but after some searching, it looks like no, the Main Shaft external walls look like this :

What we see on he background of Kaji's ex-watermelon patch looks more like one of these huge anti-blast shield Shinji used to make awesome parkour during the race to catch Sahaquiel :
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue May 28, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TB3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TB3 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:33 pm

View Original PostK40s wrote:Kaworu chilling near Kaji's watermelon patch:

Hot damn, you're right - and that huge thing in the midground behind Kaworu is a chunk of the main shaft's exterior cladding that evidently fell off at some point - probably explains how daylight is shining into the Eva cages further up.

That shot is pretty convincing to my eyes as evidence that while the shaft itself lifted up, the altar may have been a later addition - I would not expect anything to be left around the foot of the main shaft if the altar was elevated at the same time - as it is we have a few subsided buildings, but little devastation otherwise.

ElMariachi's observation of how the ground around the melon patch has not 'turned to core' may also count as evidence towards the idea that the Geofront may have been an 'eye of the storm' during the events of 3I, hence how the NERV staff avoided any evident ill-effects from their proximity to ground zero.
Does the bus run through here!?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat May 18, 2013 5:35 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote: consulted actual physicists for the space scenes...

Perhaps he didn't ask them about the moon. If it's no longer in its orbit, then it will crash onto the Earth real soon, and also the same face will no longer be towards us the whole time because its orbital time and rotation time will no longer match.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat May 18, 2013 5:50 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Perhaps he didn't ask them about the moon. If it's no longer in its orbit, then it will crash onto the Earth real soon, and also the same face will no longer be towards us the whole time because its orbital time and rotation time will no longer match.

The Q moon is already far beyond real world physics.
The fact that it's now so close and hasn't crashed/distorted and even has an atmosphere can only be attributed to some Eva magic because physics allow none of that.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat May 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Hell, the whole planet seems to had given physics the middle finger for 14 years! :tongue:

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sat May 18, 2013 5:58 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:no, the Main Shaft external walls look like this

huge anti-blast shield
Yes, I realize that it's not an exact match but that could be just the distance, also look at the edges they seem to be rounded, that's definitely a huge cylinder, nice catch with the blast-shields, though.

I wonder what was the point of that particular shot if not to show us that Geofront is still there but where the HQ pyramid was there is the Main Shaft now?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat May 18, 2013 6:15 pm

View Original PostK40s wrote:I wonder what was the point of that particular shot if not to show us that Geofront is still there but where the HQ pyramid was there is the Main Shaft now?

The shot right after is Fuyu telling Gendo that Kaworu made contact with Shinji.
Gendo seems to completely not care what Kaworu is up to and thus he's allowed to wonder around freely.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

andreh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Sat May 18, 2013 6:19 pm

Not sure if this fits in this discussion, but someone noticed that after the battle at the end of the film there is a row of crosses (apparently white)? or is a circular queue?

maybe this is the frontier of the affected part by the impact and the part that was not affected?
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sat May 18, 2013 10:26 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:The shot right after is Fuyu telling Gendo that Kaworu made contact with Shinji.
Gendo seems to completely not care what Kaworu is up to and thus he's allowed to wonder around freely.
Exactly, but they could have showed him wandering at the top of the pyramid like at the beginning when Shinji enters Earth's atmosphere. Or at New Nerv HQ or at the Hospital, but they chose to use Kaji's plot in Geofront to give us a location and for us to notice that Nerv HQ wasn't there any more... I re-watched 2.22 (again!) and found some shots that may help:
Looks like ElMariachi was right, the blast-shields probably were still there when Zeruel attacked and when Tokyo-3 was destroyed the shields simply fell down into Geofront? too bad we can't see numbering on the ones in Geofront...

View Original Postandreh wrote:Not sure if this fits in this discussion, but someone noticed that after the battle at the end of the film there is a row of crosses (apparently white)? or is a circular queue?

maybe this is the frontier of the affected part by the impact and the part that was not affected?
I noticed that too, maybe they are the red ones we saw during the spinney moon scene?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun May 19, 2013 5:35 am

View Original PostK40s wrote:I noticed that too, maybe they are the red ones we saw during the spinney moon scene?

I don't think so, the crosses in the spinney Moon scene were spread without any order :
[wkimg]Eva3-33 C0797 comp.jpg[/wkimg]

In the final shot of the Wunder, the crosses seemed even taller(the Wunder was flying above the clouds) and are in a neat rows and equidistant.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sun May 19, 2013 7:48 am

Perhaps the far line of crosses is meant as a kind of super-hex sealing barrier for whatever "pestilence" is emanating from Tokyo-3? They appear to form a line in the distance.

Along the same lines, perhaps the blast shields were re-purposed to try to contain the things as well. It's worth noting that the "iris" blast crater also has an unusual fence surrounding it.

Are we seeing a progressively wider series of barriers, erected in a post-3I or post-N3I world to try to contain something slowly spreading out from Eva-01 or Lilith? Was this why Eva-01 was sent into space? Is the grid around the moon itself a barrier of some kind?
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Shinoyami's post here got me thinking: If there were fissures leading into Lilith's chamber this whole time, why was it necessary to build Eva-13 in order to break through Lilith's barrier? I always assumed the fissures that Asuka and Mari used to get in there opened up when Eva-13 broke the barrier.... Maybe the barrier is more than a physical obstruction that has to be broken in order for another Impact to take place?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Mon May 20, 2013 4:41 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:The shot right after is Fuyu telling Gendo that Kaworu made contact with Shinji.

I think that has more to do with Gendo and Fuyutsuki doing SEELE's bidding against their will, with "SEELE's boy" Kaworu with his superhuman Angel powers walking around free. In other words, Gendo is not restricting Kaworu's freedom, because Kaworu is Gendo's jailer.

I posted about this elsewhere, and can provide a link if necessary.

PainXIII12
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PainXIII12 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:06 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I don't think so, the crosses in the spinney Moon scene were spread without any order :
[wkimg]Eva3-33 C0797 comp.jpg[/wkimg]

In the final shot of the Wunder, the crosses seemed even taller(the Wunder was flying above the clouds) and are in a neat rows and equidistant.
okay the giant globe in the sky is the egg of lillith in end of evangelion, you know when expansion of blockde starts playing and lillith is decomposing. thats the ball [url]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdzv3aqq2Q1qggzleo1_1280.png[/url]

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Mon May 20, 2013 9:39 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:If there were fissures leading into Lilith's chamber this whole time, why was it necessary to build Eva-13 in order to break through Lilith's barrier? I always assumed the fissures that Asuka and Mari used to get in there opened up when Eva-13 broke the barrier.... Maybe the barrier is more than a physical obstruction that has to be broken in order for another Impact to take place?
this was brought up in another thread, may interest you.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue May 21, 2013 9:03 am

(The scene where Asuka is about to fight(And during the fight) mark.09 after it's taken control of Wunder) There are many weird yellow splotches on the surface of the (reddish) black moon. (They can only be seen in HD)

Is it some sort of "yellow oil" that is dripping/leaking from Wunder because Mark.09 caused damage to it?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”