If you can take a look at the rest of the Kaworu stuff when you have opportunity, I'd be most appreciative!
7:14 That’s true.
7:16 But even so, I must go. [That sounds weird…]
7:20 To death, or so that I can keep living.
- My translation:That's right. It's just that I must go.
To death, and also in order to survive.
8:23 As I told you [??], I’m one of the children who is part of the design.
- That's fine...
My translation would be "I already told you."
8:37 Why is that?
8:39 So, why not try to stop me?
- Not correct here. It's the other way round:Why? Then why do you try to stop me?
8:53 Yeah, that’s right. It’s okay if I die!
[Why is he responding with 「ああ、そうだよ。」? It sounds rather weird to me.]
8:57 I don’t believe that.
8:59 Surely you are afraid of dying.
- My take is that Kaworu reminded Shinji the thought in his mind that if he just died then all problems solved, including the possibility that he may end up hurting others.
9:16 If that’s the case, then perhaps it can be avoided. [??]
9:19 Fighting you doesn’t feel right to me, either, but…
- My translation. It is the other way round:If that's the case, then perhaps it can't be helped.
I also don't feel good fighting you though...
9:25 There is something within people that makes them feel that they need others. [??]
9:32 That is the only reason. [??]
9:35 However, as far as those things are concerned, all people are breathtakingly pure. [??]
9:43 To the point of desolation.
- My translationThat Humans...think they need each other
is due to some certain thing inside humans.
It is only just for that.
...However, regarding that certain thing, humans all are pure to breathtaking degree.
To a very sad degree....
9:48 Does that mean we are going to fight after all…?
[How are they going to fight now that Kaworu is helpless in Eva-01’s fist? :3]
- Perhaps Shinji means "fight" as "staying as hostile party to each other"? Or perhaps Shinji is not yet sure if Kaworu is really helpless?
I don’t understand.
Things like you becoming an Angel, even though you have a will of your own. [??]
- My translation:I don't understand. Despite not being your own will you became an Angel.
But my being an Angel is a matter of fact. And so is my friendship with you.
I am left with no recourse but to go against the flow. [Is this right?]
- not correct. It's the opposite.There is nothing that I can do about. I cannot go against the flow.
You and I will start over. We’ll live differently. Both of us.
Let’s start things over together, Kaworu-kun…
- 違う生き方があるよ、僕も、君も。 I would translate it as "There are different ways of living, for me, for you." Just translation preference.
I want to see the future, too.
I want to see your future, Shinji-kun. With all of you, with people…
- I would translate it differentlyI want to see the future too.
I want to have a look at the future of all of you, the humans, and...you Shinji-kun.
Shinji-kun, I’m going to live, too. Live and fight, by your side... *
[*Rearranged a bit, but hopefully gets the point across.]
- Guess it is fine....
My literal translation:Shinji-kun....Let's live on, you and I. I will also fight with you...
Main (?) Battle Damage Report
- I guess that's about right.