NGE2: Alternate Outcome Translations [3I, Etc.]

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 05, 2015 9:26 am

I don't think I ever did translate that Gendo ending in full. Guess if I'm feeling bored one day I can give it a shot.
Crying Man
(Or, How Misato's Dad Found God): Read at AO3 & Discuss Here.
Status: First Draft, 10/?? chapters done. Ch.10 released 5/24/2017.

"Fighting idiocy is like fighting a hydra. Cut off one head, two more grow back and need to tell you their uninformed opinion." - PeeJee, Something*Positive

cody727kirby
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cody727kirby » Wed May 06, 2015 12:04 pm

So I watched Gendo's good ending and compared with the EoE scripts, and the exchange between Gendo and Rei is actually verbatim with the EoE scripts, right up until it fades to NERV HQ, and new information is revealed. To make it easier, here are the only screenshots that are worth translating for Gendo's good ending (other than the exchange with Yui at the end [Sailor Star Dust, "'I can't even remember how long I've waited to see you again' or something to that effect. He thanks Yui for everything."]). Translating these screenshots will probably tell us what actually happens during Gendo's version of Instrumentality.

Screenshots:
SPOILER: Show
Last edited by cody727kirby on Wed May 06, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed May 06, 2015 1:10 pm

1) "High energy reaction from Terminal Dogma!", blah blah.
2) Same as other endings, "Only the human souls flow across the Earth's surface in a precarious drift."
3) "Eventually the souls of humanity head for Eva-01, as if Lilith is guiding them."
Crying Man
(Or, How Misato's Dad Found God): Read at AO3 & Discuss Here.
Status: First Draft, 10/?? chapters done. Ch.10 released 5/24/2017.

"Fighting idiocy is like fighting a hydra. Cut off one head, two more grow back and need to tell you their uninformed opinion." - PeeJee, Something*Positive

cody727kirby
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cody727kirby » Wed May 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Many thanks, Reichu! Was getting frustrated trying to transcribe and translate these screenshots, with little to no Japanese knowledge, lol. Much appreciated.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 06, 2015 3:20 pm

View Original Postcody727kirby wrote:And thank you for all your contributions btw, it's a great source of information :)

You're very welcome! There are so many little things I wish I could translate for EGF, but life/time has been getting more and more busy for me... -o-;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Evangelion Discussion”