Why did Asuka reincarnate on that beach?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:11 am

You know guys if you keep this up the mods will get very unhappy. I said I was looking for the proper thread, now can we stop this?
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:13 am

ya!
BACK ON TOPIC, BITCHES!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:19 am

Sachiel_13 wrote:ya!
BACK ON TOPIC, BITCHES!

HAHA, no room to talk.

Anyways, FOUND IT. So no more of this...
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:20 am

When I see Asuka basicially lay down and accept her strangling ( no stroking Shinji face does not automacticly mean she did not want to die...it could be seen as encouragement) I doubt that knowing your self means Lawlz I want to live, at least not in NGE. I really think she willed herself on the beach so she could die for real. We never saw Asuka go through 3I or Instrumentality like Shinji did so we can only go by what we saw on the beach. So saying well Shinji did, isn't a vaild point.
I won.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:24 am

we're not saying "o Shinji did, so she must've"
we're saying that the ENTIRE planet did, so she must've
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:25 am

Themaninblack wrote:When I see Asuka basicially lay down and accept her strangling

Have you bothered considering other possibilities? Like physical exaustion for example.

I doubt that knowing your self means Lawlz I want to live, at least not in NGE.

That's not what you said. The words you used were a stong sense of self. This is something suicidal people lack since they think they're worthless.

I really think she willed herself on the beach so she could die for real.

Ok, so how does destrudo manage to restore someone's body when it's only been shown as destructive?

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:44 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
Themaninblack wrote:When I see Asuka basicially lay down and accept her strangling

Have you bothered considering other possibilities? Like physical exaustion for example.]

Yes...though it would be a selfimposed crippled body see below

I doubt that knowing your self means Lawlz I want to live, at least not in NGE.

That's not what you said. The words you used were a stong sense of self. This is something suicidal people lack since they think they're worthless.][/quote]

Yeah but I use bad grammer :) seriously there is a differnce between knowing thy self and KNOWING my self. Knowing is more powerful than having a strong sense of your self. Thats why she wants to die, because if she knew her self she would know that she could change herself, better her self, and love herself. She only knows that she hates her self hence was incompletely restored (or destoryed by the the destructo since that function can be entriely self realint), becuase she probally saw a lot of her problems or consumed herself so much that she could mantain individuilty, though not enough ( yes I am repeating myself) to solve those problems herself. This weakness or incompleteness might be reflected in the bandages and weakness.

I really think she willed herself on the beach so she could die for real.

Ok, so how does destrudo manage to restore someone's body when it's only been shown as destructive?[/quote]

It could put her in a weak and frail body where she can die for real, thats destructive.
I won.

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:48 am

FUCKING GET BACK ON-TOPIC, BITCHES! THIS THREAD IS BORING ME OUT ALREADY!
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:49 am

dude, we are on topic.
we're talking about why Asuka came back
- Sachi

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:51 am

Sachiel_13 wrote:dude, we are on topic.

DUDE, themaninblack isn't, it was specifically directed to HIM!

AND BACK ON-TOPIC BEFORE THE MODS COME HERE AND SAY, "BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU'RE DOING THIS WRONG BLAH BLAH BLAH!"
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:53 am

Themaninblack wrote:It could put her in a weak and frail body where she can die for real, thats destructive.

That is restoring her body to it's previous state. This isn't what destrudo does.
Also:
IBUKI:
It's no good. The ego border is frozen in a loop.

RITSUKO:
Try firing all range of waveforms in all directions.

RITSUKO:
It's not working. The signals are being trapped in Klein space.

Misato:
What does that mean?

RITSUKO:
It means we failed.

RITSUKO (OFF):
Abort intervention. Reverse tangent plug.
Return the additive value to zero.

IBUKI:
Yes, Ma'am.

AOBA:
Destrudo reaction in the old area. Pattern sepia.

HYUGA:
We've detected a change in the core pulse too!
Plus 0.3 is confirmed!

RITSUKO:
Maintenance of the status quo is top priority.
Prevent back flow.

IBUKI:
Yes, Ma'am.
Plus 0.5... 0.8... This is odd. I can't stop it!

RITSUKO:
What is this? Why?
Don't you want to come back, Shinji?
Last edited by Anonymous_Evafan on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:53 am

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:
Sachiel_13 wrote:dude, we are on topic.

DUDE, themaninblack isn't, it was specifically directed to HIM!

AND BACK ON-TOPIC BEFORE THE MODS COME HERE AND SAY, "BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU'RE DOING THIS WRONG BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

Yeah I am, I just have a diferent opinion.
I won.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:59 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
Themaninblack wrote:It could put her in a weak and frail body where she can die for real, thats destructive.

That is restoring her body to it's previous state. This isn't what destrudo does.
Also:
IBUKI:
It's no good. The ego border is frozen in a loop.

RITSUKO:
Try firing all range of waveforms in all directions.

RITSUKO:
It's not working. The signals are being trapped in Klein space.

Misato:
What does that mean?

RITSUKO:
It means we failed.

RITSUKO (OFF):
Abort intervention. Reverse tangent plug.
Return the additive value to zero.

IBUKI:
Yes, Ma'am.

AOBA:
Destrudo reaction in the old area. Pattern sepia.

HYUGA:
We've detected a change in the core pulse too!
Plus 0.3 is confirmed!

RITSUKO:
Maintenance of the status quo is top priority.
Prevent back flow.

IBUKI:
Yes, Ma'am.
Plus 0.5... 0.8... This is odd. I can't stop it!

RITSUKO:
What is this? Why?
Don't you want to come back, Shinji?

I never noticed that about those pics befor....cool AEF

Second, maybe it manfisted itself in a differnet way this time? People claim Shinji is in La-La land...and he is. But Asuka is a few fries short of a happy meal too. Clearly more so than Shinji. I think suddenly figuring out your truth would be an envourtiting exprience...not one that leaves you in a weakend state wear you treat injuries that don't really exsit.
I won.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:04 am

Quote and pics are not from the same episode.

Second, maybe it manfisted itself in a differnet way this time?

It can't manifest in any way other than destruction because that's what it is. Read!

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:27 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Quote and pics are not from the same episode.

I knew that already The Pics are from Rei III and the dialgoue is from EoE

I was commenting that the pic of Ritskou holding that dentorer and it reading Destrudo and that was what was killing the Rei clones. I thought it was just gibberish...not something relveant to the plot.

As to what else you said that means very little. It could have been a flawed process returning her into her body...one similar to that of her Mother's soul entering the Eva, and we all know that her mother no longer had lost her (tell me if I spell this wrong)libdo was missing correct. Only part of Asuka could be standing before Shinji...not all of her.[/quote]
I won.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:34 am

Themaninblack wrote:I knew that already The Pics are from Rei III and the dialgoue is from EoE

No, it's from episode 20.

As to what else you said that means very little. It could have been a flawed process returning her into her body...one similar to that of her Mother's soul entering the Eva, and we all know that her mother no longer had lost her (tell me if I spell this wrong)libdo was missing correct. Only part of Asuka could be standing before Shinji...not all of her.

It doesn't mean little. Part of Kyoko's soul was ripped out by EVA-02, the maternal part. Asuka had no such factor present. Destrudo simpily cannot restore someone it can only destroy. It's the force responsible for 3I for crying out loud.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:47 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
Themaninblack wrote:I knew that already The Pics are from Rei III and the dialgoue is from EoE

No, it's from episode 20.

:shock: :( :shock:

Holy Shit I was owned... I was owned...

As for the rest I WILL reply to it tomrrow.
I won.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:07 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
Alaska Slim wrote:Whether you think so or not, she was actively trying to help NERV, and didn't she try to call out to Shinji to get his ass out there?

Doesn't mean she gave a damn about them beyond the praise she wanted from them.

Then it wasn't about praise then, it was about survival.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
To pilot the Eva? No, it wouldn't of been, it still requires a degree of confidence, and Asuka lost her confidence to pilot period, though she did try to continue.

That's not the point of this debate is it? Let me word it another way, if she didn't expect praise would she have fought?

She didn't want to die, so yes, and she did.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
I don't even get your point here, even with 5 minutes there was no way she could of gotten all of them, wether it be the JSSDF soldiers or the MP series, someone would have killed her unless Shinji got his duff out there, this she knew, and that's why she contacted NERV, to get them to send him out.

The Harpies aren't part of the equation yet so let's leave them out of it. The hatches can be locked by the pilots, She was in no danger from the JSSDF in any way thus her statement was redundant.

Before her A.T. field was put up EVA-02 WAS taking hits, sooner or later, whether it was through cutting through the armor, getting the plug to eject, or finding the command codes, they would of gotten her, the Eva is nothing but a mass of metal and flesh when un-activated, if it can be built, then it can also be dismantled. Fighting angels doesn't entail being invulnerable to screw drivers and wrenches afterall... or well placed explosives for that matter.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:With regards to any of this "Who suffered more?" argument, my stance is that they ALL suffered equally! All of the characters dealt with things that were painful, and saying that one was/is far worse off than the other is just absurd.

All of them? What did the "bridge bunnies" deal with exactly? 'Unrequited love'? What about Kensuke? His mother died, sure, but it seems by his carefree nature that it was an early event in his life he doesn't remember, and is therefore unaffected by (not to say the lack of a mother doesn't create issues).

As Vash the Stampede might say "the situation is not equal", this due to how some suffering was caused by others (you might argue 'most' since the story is primarily 'character' and not 'event' driven), how some were largly left out of the conflict,

But the 'amount' and 'type' of suffering is not the only thing to consider, it is also a matter 'value', and 'meaning', something I plan to explain in due time, though for the moment I simply do not have the time, nor all my thoughts organized. 8)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:37 am

Alaska Slim wrote:Then it wasn't about praise then, it was about survival.

It was about her survival, not theirs. They lucked out do to her selfish nature.

She didn't want to die, so yes, and she did

Are we still talking about the same thing here? I'm referring to weather she'd be in Tokyo III in the first place and given her reasons I doubt it...

Before her A.T. field was put up EVA-02 WAS taking hits, sooner or later, whether it was through cutting through the armor, getting the plug to eject, or finding the command codes, they would of gotten her, the Eva is nothing but a mass of metal and flesh when un-activated, if it can be built, then it can also be dismantled.

They wouldn't have had the time. Yui and Lilith would have made the scene long before then. Her rant was overkill no matter how you slice it. It was a given the JSSDF was gonna be slaughtered, we didn't need Asuka's egotistical tyraid to know this.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:04 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
Alaska Slim wrote:Then it wasn't about praise then, it was about survival.

It was about her survival, not theirs. They lucked out do to her selfish nature.

She wouldn't of been communicating with them if that was the case.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
She didn't want to die, so yes, and she did

Are we still talking about the same thing here? I'm referring to weather she'd be in Tokyo III in the first place and given her reasons I doubt it...

It wasn't just praise, it was also a sense of value, of "the need to be needed", still selfish, but not 'bad' so much as 'neutral', as it's something we all need in life.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
Before her A.T. field was put up EVA-02 WAS taking hits, sooner or later, whether it was through cutting through the armor, getting the plug to eject, or finding the command codes, they would of gotten her, the Eva is nothing but a mass of metal and flesh when un-activated, if it can be built, then it can also be dismantled.

They wouldn't have had the time. Yui and Lilith would have made the scene long before then. Her rant was overkill no matter how you slice it. It was a given the JSSDF was gonna be slaughtered, we didn't need Asuka's egotistical tyraid to know this.

Had she decided not to fight, she would have died, those depth charges would of blown through eventually. As to the Lilith event, you expect she knew that was going to happen? Hell, it was only initiated because she was killed. 8)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”