I found the answer but..

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I found the answer but..

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:55 am

It would be a sensible idea to use one of the archiving sites to grab a copy.
As noted above, now they're all archived.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:27 pm

The blog is up again, that's why we can access the pages: http://leveleee.wordpress.com/
I remember that I couldn't open the article pages -- I got the message "Coming Soon" -- which I have in my browser history.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

AlphaZero
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AlphaZero » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:36 pm

I see there are some new sections in each page. Just highlighting some parts I found curious:
-Mark .04B was the 11th all along, just like its tv series counterpart it can send mental attacks but it can also attack physically through explosions. That would explain why Asuka was covering her eye. It was trying to awaken the 9th(new section in part 6).
-Mari was testing the dummy plug in unit 5 during her introduction scene.
-So both Shinji and Mari are at some beach in reality at the end. The train station is the minus space POV and they will meet Asuka, Rei and Kaworu after all. They are illusions exactly because they'll meet each other again.

Dolpiff
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dolpiff » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:52 am

it's back up with a new article dated sept 6!
i really like the way he blends in relevant screenshots in the argumentation and the charts

Gendo's Glasses
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo's Glasses » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:34 am

This is a really fascinating analysis. There are some elements, such as Unit-00 being a Lilith Eva, that feel like they've been staring us in the face but no one really picked up on (that I'm aware of.) I especially like the stuff about Mari and her relationship to Yui. The thought that Near Third Impact comes from it being a sort-of counterfeit Impact is also interesting compared to the idea that it was an aborted one.

edit: Wow, the stuff about the vanishing anti-AT Field ammo linking to the semi-real nature of Evangelions, Lilith... This is good stuff.

thera0095
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thera0095 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:23 am

View Original PostDolpiff wrote:it's back up with a new article dated sept 6!
i really like the way he blends in relevant screenshots in the argumentation and the charts

sry for that article
it in analysis
Now I turn it off.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:59 pm

View Original PostAlphaZero wrote:I see there are some new sections in each page. Just highlighting some parts I found curious:
-Mark .04B was the 11th all along, just like its tv series counterpart it can send mental attacks but it can also attack physically through explosions. That would explain why Asuka was covering her eye. It was trying to awaken the 9th(new section in part 6).
-So both Shinji and Mari are at some beach in reality at the end. The train station is the minus space POV and they will meet Asuka, Rei and Kaworu after all. They are illusions exactly because they'll meet each other again.

For the first point, I doubt that it was the 11th Angel: there seems to have a difference between a mere neo-NERV Eva and an Angel, as we've seen that WILLE's sensors can pick up the difference when they detected a 13th Angel in 3.0 (that wasn't even supposed to exist, so they couldn't had data about it in their database), so if the Mark.04B was really the 11th Angel, then Asuka's cockpit display would had indicated it, instead of a simple "Blood Pattern: Blue" (common of all of neo-NERV's machines).
Besides, narratively I don't see the point to hide that it was the 11th Angel, as if it was indeed him, that would had certainly even more increased the "wow" factor. ("Wait, that's why they are in space? They are fighting Arael in its home turf?! Holy Shit!")

For the second point, if I understand correctly, according to the site's theory, the two final scenes are actually in the reverse location than what we though: the beach is where Shinji and Mari end up in real space, while the train scene is just a representation of what they are seeing in "Minus Space vision" at the same time? (or perhaps a flash-back of where they were in Minus Space just before ending in the beach?)
An interesting theory, there's an ongoing debate (that will probably never be settled unless Word of God confirms one theory) on if the train station scene is also in Minus Space and Shinji and Mari leaving it means that they'll go back to their reality or if it's the actual real space (with then another debate about if they were transported in the future of the repaired world or in another world entirely, maybe even our world, as in, reality after destroying the Fourth Wall), but it's the first time I see a theory that the beach is also in reality, and personally I don't think it's that: we see the beach and Shinji progressively get more "sketchy" as the reality around him unravels (since he could only create a reality in Minus Space thanks to the LCL in his entry plug), and Mari magically changes from her plugsuit to her school uniform (and Shinji is wearing his school uniform while before he too was in his plugsuit), with Mari's "I've made just in time" line all but stating that Shinji would had disappeared for good had she arrived a minute later, all of this is incompatible with the beach being in real space.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:00 pm

Mayhaps this could get a proper human translation eventually and published here and/or the wikis, since everyone seems to like it so much. I've heard quite a few people complaining that there is seemingly no concise and comprehensive analysis on Shin and/or NTE as a whole on Evageeks (or really anywhere) and how much this annoys them.

thera0095
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thera0095 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:59 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
View Original PostAlphaZero#937132 wrote:as we've seen that WILLE's sensors can pick up the difference when they detected a 13th Angel in 3.0 (that wasn't even supposed to exist, so they couldn't had data about it in their database), so if the Mark.04B was really the 11th Angel, then Asuka's cockpit display would had indicated it, instead of a simple "Blood Pattern: Blue" (common of all of neo-NERV's machines).

so 9th angel scene
https://imgur.com/a/c0EAVrE
you see any number ?
ัyou trust on something and creator makes you believe and use it as a way to deceive you
I can't answer another question because my English so bad

google translate -
Last edited by thera0095 on Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

thera0095
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thera0095 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:29 am

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Mayhaps this could get a proper human translation eventually and published here and/or the wikis, since everyone seems to like it so much. I've heard quite a few people complaining that there is seemingly no concise and comprehensive analysis on Shin and/or NTE as a whole on Evageeks (or really anywhere) and how much this annoys them.

I know it's hard to understand thai version
if you want eng version
donate me

Dolpiff
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dolpiff » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:43 am

@Thera you have a paypal for donation ? i don't mind contributing a little bit 5-10€ to help with translation cost

thera0095
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thera0095 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:41 am

View Original PostDolpiff wrote:@Thera you have a paypal for donation ? i don't mind contributing a little bit 5-10€ to help with translation cost

paypal link at bottom of article but i need 1000 dollar for hire
6 article 300,000 alphabet :facepalm:

Dolpiff
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dolpiff » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:11 pm

wow that much xD
Maybe you can find it cheaper a thai individual or company ?

Anyway I just donated a little bit
don't worry keep it even if you can't translate, ty for your work!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:54 pm

View Original Postthera0095 wrote:
View Original PostElMariachi#937154 wrote:

so 9th angel scene
https://imgur.com/a/c0EAVrE
you see any number ?
ัyou trust on something and creator makes you believe and use it as a way to deceive you
I can't answer another question because my English so bad

google translate -

That's not a good example, as in the images in your link Aoba says that they are detecting readings of the 9th Angel, also the display in Asuka's cockpit does indicate that it detects the 9th Angel. (I'm out of my house right now so I don't have access to the movies, can someone else post a pic of that?)
Again, the story never shied away from showing when an Angel was present in a scene, and even used it to dramatically raise the tension of a scene, so I don't see why it would be different for the beginning of 3.0.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

thera0095
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thera0095 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:45 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:That's not a good example, as in the images in your link Aoba says that they are detecting readings of the 9th Angel, also the display in Asuka's cockpit does indicate that it detects the 9th Angel. (I'm out of my house right now so I don't have access to the movies, can someone else post a pic of that?)
Again, the story never shied away from showing when an Angel was present in a scene, and even used it to dramatically raise the tension of a scene, so I don't see why it would be different for the beginning of 3.0.

all Evangelion deal physical damage
so you think mental attack from mark 04b generate by machine ?
think like creator to hide something from you and give you smail hint
you get the answer

don't use 100% logic give space for imagination change your POV

Gendo's Glasses
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo's Glasses » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:17 pm

Building on the stuff about Mari being involved in Yui's disappearance and it leading to her suicide, I'm surprised there's no mention of another jealous character who suicided shortly after Yui's disappearance -- Naoko Akagi.

It's not the strongest link but an interesting one. The Sadamoto manga, I think, indicates that Mari had a crush on Yui and was jealous of Gendo. So, an inversion of Naoko Akagi. But still, that idea of there being an additional -- and mostly forgotten -- part of the Yui/Gendo/Fuyutsuki team who suicided and was forgotten about.

thera0095
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thera0095 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:33 am

View Original PostGendo's Glasses wrote:Building on the stuff about Mari being involved in Yui's disappearance and it leading to her suicide, I'm surprised there's no mention of another jealous character who suicided shortly after Yui's disappearance -- Naoko Akagi.

It's not the strongest link but an interesting one. The Sadamoto manga, I think, indicates that Mari had a crush on Yui and was jealous of Gendo. So, an inversion of Naoko Akagi. But still, that idea of there being an additional -- and mostly forgotten -- part of the Yui/Gendo/Fuyutsuki team who suicided and was forgotten about.

Mari plays the role of kyoko zeppelin in the ROE universe. The reason Asuka can drive Eva 02 and the reason that all Asuka is clone
kyoko hanging himself same judas

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”