3.0+1.0 Groundworks

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: 3.0+1.0 Groundworks

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:08 pm

Have it. The book is awesome. Goes farther than expected! Up to Gendo leaving for the Anti-Universe inside Eva-13.

So the second boom will be Shinji fighting Gendo and all the weirdness after that. Very excited.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:03 pm

View Original PostErufailon4 wrote:Looks like it wasn't delayed any more after all, and has begun to arrive to people who ordered it. Came across the thread below on Twitter, has a few highlight images.

Woah, I never realized that Asuka's eye was whole behind the eyepatch and that her mini-pillar pushes through the eye! No wonder it looked so painful! :cringe: (makes me also wonder if she didn't used this super mode somewhere during the past 14 years)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:48 am

Yep, ouch:

Axx°N N.
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Axx°N N. » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:10 pm

Surprising that it goes so far, I figured it would've stopped at the title catch since it's as far into the movie as some films' entire runtimes! I wonder if this means the second one will have some surprising inclusions, such as cut or alternate scenes/designs to fill it out? Then again, the latter chunk being as it is stylistically, I suppose the Asuka instrumentality sequence alone can take up many pages despite being ~2 mins.
Après moi le déluge!

2Lacissal2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 2Lacissal2 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:35 am

I would assume it goes this far into the movie because a lot of the Paris, Wunder and Calvary battle segments are CG rather than keyframe animation.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:11 am

True, but even the CG stuff has keyframes drawn beforehand (simpler drawings though).
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:57 pm

It feels very incomplete, there's barely anything about Wille's assault on Nerv HQ.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:12 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:It feels very incomplete, there's barely anything about Wille's assault on Nerv HQ.

I guess that's because the film is so long. But Groundwork books have always left some stuff out (I wonder what the ellimination process is like).
NGE Groundoworks left out entire episodes, so in comparison this is super thorough.

Also based on the runtime of the film left, I think the second book will leave very little out?

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:50 am

Groundworks part two is on the way, but still no sign of the interviews and CRC release.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:53 am

Thats Yui right? What is she wearing.
Also, massive hype.

This confirms Masayuki animated.

Double post; merged - JoelcrNeto

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:51 am

Wonderful cover art!

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Thats Yui right? What is she wearing.

That kind of plugsuit we see her wearing in that flashback in the third movie, I guess.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:49 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:That kind of plugsuit we see her wearing in that flashback in the third movie, I guess.

That must be it.
Also sorry about double post, couldn't delete the post.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:34 am

Yay! I'll be ordering this one too!

I wonder if this book is going to have any extra goodies or surprises in it cause Groundwork 01 covered the first 100 minutes of the movie.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:23 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I wonder if this book is going to have any extra goodies or surprises in it cause Groundwork 01 covered the first 100 minutes of the movie.

I'm wondering too. It is perfectly possible too that it's just super thoroigh and barely skips stuff, but who knows.
The second End of Eva Groundworks had some design sheets and such, though it was a few pages.

EDIT:
Some more pics on the amazon page:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/4905033276?psc=1&smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&ref_=chk_typ_quicklook_seeDetailsToDp

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”