Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

Lt Light Ark
Adam
Posts: 80
Joined: Nov 23, 2017
Gender: Male

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Lt Light Ark » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:47 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:...why would you glare at EITHER of them? You've completely missed the parable of the Hedgehog's Dilemma.


I wouldn't, but people like those that had started the thread makes me to glare, see how all the responsibility is placed over Shinji? They place Asuka in a sort of pedestal when Asuka is not very different from Shinji.

So the blame is all over Shinji.

:facepalm:

It is magnificent because I did had the same mindset before, now when I see it, it is infuriating.

Both of these kids are damaged, both of them failed to actually make a connection with each other. Asuka failed Shinji by being unable to express her affections or needs in a way that wasn't layered in rudeness or anger...and Shinji failed to provide Asuka even the most basic kind of support when she desperately needed it.


Yeah right? Both had failed with each other, but instead let's place all the blame over Shinji for some reason, the opinion of the OP is not a particular one, I had already seen it before.

Because both of them are children, who do not understand how to do these things, and don't have adults capable or willing to show them. Because teenagers forming relationships is not important to these adults: having soldiers who can fight on command is.

You keep looking at these characters like their adults who should understand the ramifications of their actions: they're kids.


Yes, in a way I was seeing the OP more, not really any of your folks, so if Caesar appears here again...

See EOE, Shinji did grow up, understanding that the world wasn't out to get him.

Asuka felt disgust, probably because he broke down in tears (what she deems as a signal of weakness) and because she needed to bring her own defenses first, Shinji did learned something, I don't think that Asuka learned something really deep down.

But I digress.

Anno's whole point regarding Shinji and Asuka is that Shinji needs to grow up, Asuka? Maybe after Shinji grows up, that is what I got from Evangelion as a overall.

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Age: 19
Posts: 418
Joined: Jun 20, 2017
Location: NSW, Australia
Gender: Male

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Cybermat47 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:58 am

View Original PostLt Light Ark wrote:Yeah right? Both had failed with each other,


Absolutely. One of the biggest themes of NGE is misunderstanding, after all.

Asuka and Shinji are very much alike, I feel, but they’re unable to help eachother in the series because they don’t understand each other.
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.


My fanfics:
Evangelion 2.9: You Will (Not) Survive
Godzilla VS Evangelion: Who Will Know?

C.T.1290
Banned
Age: 27
Posts: 360
Joined: Apr 22, 2017
Location: Pit of Hate
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:43 pm

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:Asuka and Shinji are very much alike, I feel, but they’re unable to help eachother in the series because they don’t understand each other.

So is she kinda like a female version of Shinji, and that it was made apparently more so in Rebuild?

And basically, looking at him reminds her of her own flaws, which she detests. That is, if that interpretation is correct.
"Who dares to summon the master of masters, the deliverer of darkness, the Shogun of sorrow, Aku!?"-Aku

"KONO DIO DA!"-Dio

Asuka'sBigBrother
Banned
User avatar
Age: 18
Posts: 363
Joined: Oct 20, 2017
Location: Nueva Yorke
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:01 am

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:So, does that mean that the conclusion I came to about Shinji and Asuka isn't entirely true?

No, it means the conclusion you came into is your own and has nothing to do with what other people have told you. If you're going to come to the same conclusion inspite of what others tell you, then why bother with what the other people here think?

You're entitled to your own opinion, but don't act like we're the ones who led you to that opinion.

Stop asking us what is true here, that's up to you. Facts are objective, truth is a subjective reading of what's objective.
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

Asuka'sBigBrother
Banned
User avatar
Age: 18
Posts: 363
Joined: Oct 20, 2017
Location: Nueva Yorke
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:21 am

View Original PostLt Light Ark wrote:I wouldn't, but people like those that had started the thread makes me to glare, see how all the responsibility is placed over Shinji? They place Asuka in a sort of pedestal when Asuka is not very different from Shinji.

Then address those people. Neither my or Ark's response assigned all the blame on Shinji. Don't engage in non sequitirs.
So the blame is all over Shinji.

Strawman. I wouldn't glare at either of them isn't the same as I would glare at Shinji.
It is magnificent because I did had the same mindset before, now when I see it, it is infuriating.

Glad you found enlightenment fam.

Yeah right? Both had failed with each other, but instead let's place all the blame over Shinji for some reason, the opinion of the OP is not a particular one, I had already seen it before.

Again, strawman.

Yes, in a way I was seeing the OP more, not really any of your folks, so if Caesar appears here again...

Well at least you admit it.
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

Lt Light Ark
Adam
Posts: 80
Joined: Nov 23, 2017
Gender: Male

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Lt Light Ark » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:40 am

Asuka'sBigBrother wrote:Then address those people. Neither my or Ark's response assigned all the blame on Shinji. Don't engage in non sequitirs.


:???: Do you think I was addressing you or the others here? From where you took that?

Strawman. I wouldn't glare at either of them isn't the same as I would glare at Shinji.


No? Look, I don't see inaction as a crime, if people blame Shinji too much regarding Asuka is because of his lack of action when no one notices that you can't make a non-action a crime.

You may consider it immoral, but there's really nothing wrong with it, principally because Asuka's problems aren't something that Shinji could solve (it is like asking a suicidal person to save a depressive person), there's a reason why people claim that Asuka needs theraphy.

Shinji likewise, but each other? Nope!

Again, strawman.


I was addresing the OP, did I said something infuriating to you to go and straightly quote each part of what I said? Even considering what I said below here?

But if it was, I am sorry.

Yes, in a way I was seeing the OP more, not really any of your folks, so if Caesar appears here again...

Asuka'sBigBrother
Banned
User avatar
Age: 18
Posts: 363
Joined: Oct 20, 2017
Location: Nueva Yorke
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:33 am

Don't quote gob or me if you're addressing the OP. If you're addressing the OP, tag @ceasermagnus and unload on him/her.
View Original PostLt Light Ark wrote:


No? Look, I don't see inaction as a crime, if people blame Shinji too much regarding Asuka is because of his lack of action when no one notices that you can't make a non-action a crime.

.

And neither does gob, hence why he said he wouldn't glare at Shinji. He also said he wouldn't glare at Asuka since she is dealing with an immense amount of trauma. Not staring at Asuka is not the same at staring at Shinji.
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

NoAltRealities
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 27, 2018
Gender: Male

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby NoAltRealities » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:24 am

God I love Asushin :tongue:
HhHaaa?

C.T.1290
Banned
Age: 27
Posts: 360
Joined: Apr 22, 2017
Location: Pit of Hate
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:43 am

View Original PostNoAltRealities wrote:God I love Asushin :tongue:

I know that a lot of people do and happen to ship it them, but we all know where those two ended up over the course of the show. Plus, I think that they weren't even romantically involved to begin with.

I wonder if Anno would frown on that concept or just laugh at it.
"Who dares to summon the master of masters, the deliverer of darkness, the Shogun of sorrow, Aku!?"-Aku

"KONO DIO DA!"-Dio

Bryan
Adam
Age: 29
Posts: 91
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
Location: Orange County
Gender: Male

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Bryan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:10 am

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:I think that they weren't even romantically involved to begin with.


What is romantic involvement? Does it have to involve sex? Do you have to at least claim ownership over one another on facebook? Or is there something to be said for people who like and are attracted to eachother?

C.T.1290
Banned
Age: 27
Posts: 360
Joined: Apr 22, 2017
Location: Pit of Hate
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:55 am

View Original PostBryan wrote:What is romantic involvement? Does it have to involve sex? Do you have to at least claim ownership over one another on facebook? Or is there something to be said for people who like and are attracted to eachother?

I'm just saying that I don't think that they really love each other. Or rather, Asuka did not love Shinji.

So is pairing these two together a bad idea? Or hopeless even? We all know what happened between them. And there's no way Asuka would forgive Shinji for what happened to her( the hospital scene and for letting her die at the hands of the MPEs), and I don't think Shinji would forgive her for coldly rejecting his desperate plea for help.

Those two are just bad for each other, and possibly anyone else.
"Who dares to summon the master of masters, the deliverer of darkness, the Shogun of sorrow, Aku!?"-Aku

"KONO DIO DA!"-Dio

NoAltRealities
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 27, 2018
Gender: Male

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby NoAltRealities » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:35 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:I'm just saying that I don't think that they really love each other. Or rather, Asuka did not love Shinji.

So is pairing these two together a bad idea? Or hopeless even? We all know what happened between them. And there's no way Asuka would forgive Shinji for what happened to her( the hospital scene and for letting her die at the hands of the MPEs), and I don't think Shinji would forgive her for coldly rejecting his desperate plea for help.

Those two are just bad for each other, and possibly anyone else.


This showcases that months worth of debating kind of went over your head but ok.
You're really just repeating the same thing over and over again and anything you said has already been answered in some way or form :rolleyes:
But yo do you boo
HhHaaa?

C.T.1290
Banned
Age: 27
Posts: 360
Joined: Apr 22, 2017
Location: Pit of Hate
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:57 pm

View Original PostNoAltRealities wrote:
But yo do you boo

What does that mean?
"Who dares to summon the master of masters, the deliverer of darkness, the Shogun of sorrow, Aku!?"-Aku

"KONO DIO DA!"-Dio

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 4228
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Behind the Door of Kukundu
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:02 am

It means no matter what is said, you're going to keep looping around to something that was discussed, like it was never discussed before.

So, you do you, because it's not worth talking about anymore.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Lt Light Ark
Adam
Posts: 80
Joined: Nov 23, 2017
Gender: Male

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Lt Light Ark » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 am

Regarding that I will just left Nietzsche's phrase about hope, Nietzsche that influenced Sartre that influenced Anno.

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 4228
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Behind the Door of Kukundu
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:45 am

^
Man, I love me some Nietzsche.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

C.T.1290
Banned
Age: 27
Posts: 360
Joined: Apr 22, 2017
Location: Pit of Hate
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:08 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:It means no matter what is said, you're going to keep looping around to something that was discussed, like it was never discussed before.

Maybe it's usually because I don't find the answers very convincing, nor valid, about Asuka's character. So I was just trying to get further clarifications. But I think the answers I've gotten were purely opinions and not facts.

I'm sorry, but that's just the way things are. I understand if I come off as annoying to a lot of people on here. I guess I'm just complicated to people just as Asuka is to me.
"Who dares to summon the master of masters, the deliverer of darkness, the Shogun of sorrow, Aku!?"-Aku

"KONO DIO DA!"-Dio

xanderkh
Donor
Donor
User avatar
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Gender: Male

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby xanderkh » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:12 am

Then you better get used to us debating you over this, just as your validations for their toxicity are just as "opinions" to us about their ability to grow and reconcile.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 4228
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Behind the Door of Kukundu
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:51 am

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote: I guess I'm just complicated to people just as Asuka is to me.


If we know what you're going to say ten times out of ten, you're not 'complicated.'

And you aren't presenting facts, you're presenting opinions based on actions. You are interpreting facts to arrive to a conclusion, but failing to understand that other people are utilizing the same facts to come to different conclusions, as the actions are ambiguous enough to present a range of possibilities.

Now, if you see Asuka and Shinji as doomed to failure, okay. That's your opinion, and it's an opinion. Not a fact. It's an opinion, just like if someone thinks they're going to survive as a couple is an opinion. Taking someone's argument, and creating some bizarre conclusion from it that has no connection to what was said doesn't make you a complicated individual presenting facts, it makes you an obstinate individual who doesn't advance the conversation.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Lt Light Ark
Adam
Posts: 80
Joined: Nov 23, 2017
Gender: Male

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Lt Light Ark » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:22 pm

Hope that Asuka and Shinji could eventually get better? I already said.

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nietzsche influenced Sartre that influenced Anno.


Return to “Evangelion Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests