Who, truly, is best girl?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

offthechainjoe
Embryo

Rei or Asuka?

•      
  •      

Postby offthechainjoe » Sun May 03, 2009 11:31 am

I'm new to this site so I felt like starting up a topic, I hope that's ok....

Who do you like better as a character in general? Rei or Asuka?

Evayo
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Evayo » Sun May 03, 2009 11:42 am

Welcome!

But... there was already a topic on this not too long ago, and it got locked because people were straying off-topic.

And I love them both. :wink:

~:Evayo:~

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Re: Rei or Asuka?

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sun May 03, 2009 11:45 am

offthechainjoe wrote:I'm new to this site so I felt like starting up a topic, I hope that's ok....

Who do you like better as a character in general? Rei or Asuka?

Since your new I won't yell at you that much. But in the future please do a search before you create a thread. (This goes to all the newbies, some of you have been really bad about doing this.) This place has been around quite a while, don't you think there may already be a thread for this???

Also thoroughly THIS in addition to searching for old threads before you create new ones. It will help you out immensely from getting your threads locked like this one will be soon.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

offthechainjoe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby offthechainjoe » Sun May 03, 2009 11:52 am

my bad guys, sorry, i'll try to think clearer in the future

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

Are you a Rei Person or a Asuka Person?

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:29 pm

While it's obvious you can like both characters the same, I say it's one or the other. Kinda like in that deleted scene in Pulp Fiction where Mia Wallace tells Vincent Vega there's two type of people in the world: Beatles people and Elvis people. For me personally, I would be a Rei person (Always have been.)
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Rei. She's not mean like Asuka and in Japanese is voiced by my favorite female seiyu.
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Since you're new, you'll want to read the rules section. We encourage you to use the search function or thread list before creating new threads. We've had several Asuka v. Rei threads.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:37 pm

I've always favored Rei over Asuka.
I was never sure why.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Not sure why this wasn't locked before. These threads always end up closed so let's not start this again.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

cunning linguist
Embryo

Who, truly, is best girl?

•      
  •      

Postby cunning linguist » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Alright boys, let's plot a course - intercourse.

I have heard differing scholarly opinions on this, and would like to resolve the question once and for all. So who, evageeks, is objectively best girl? Teh Rei, Asuka, Misato, Hikari, Ritsuko, or someone else entirely?

Personally, I choose Ritsuko, cause she fine as hell, and I could sniff her eyebrows for days. She's also not a flat-chested teenager, and probably able to construct a nice hydroponics operation in my crawlspace with her scientific expertise. I have reached this conclusion through years of research with Trump University, where I hope to PhD in Waifu Studies.

But my opinion is an unpopular one. Tell me, anime experts, who is your pick? Present your methodology, and cite your sources. Discuss, and mass debate amongst yourselves, and I will collect your conclusions for my thesis.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Who, truly, is best girl?

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:08 am

I thought the consensus was that Shinji was Best Girl.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:20 am

Pen Pen.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:46 am

Maya is best girl. She stays a respectable two steps behind her senpai at all times and has the cutest pink pillow with a white kitty on it.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Smart, cute, loyal, principled, optimistic, compassionate... Maya has it all.

Well, as long as you're a lesbian and don't anticipate being in any firefights.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

NONAME
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NONAME » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:12 pm

I'm also a fan of Ritsuko: intelligent, cold-hearted, leadership qualities, she always know what to say and is not the anime cliche of a submissive woman. Asuka is fine too.
Morning... The start of today... The start of an unpleasant day... I don't like it.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:58 pm

View Original Postcunning linguist wrote:Personally, I choose Ritsuko, cause...I could sniff her eyebrows for days.

This is the first time I've heard of such an act being performed on that area of the body. Congratulations, your uniqueness and outside-the-box thinking is encouraging.

In terms of Best Girl-ness. I've broken it down into a few categories:

General Happiness/Psychological Health:

Here, Maya or Sakura would probably be your best option. They're both the most well-adjusted women in the series without any real hint of major psychological problems in canon without being too quirky. If anything, they would seem to be the best options for people to have serious conversations with without bristling at the thought of letting their guard down. They're kind, gentle, and would be the best people to spoon with after a day spend laughing and conversing.

Sexuality:

Mari wins this easily. Her straightforward, outgoing personality makes her totally game for trying anything you'd both come up with. She doesn't seem to have a guilt-complex concerning sexuality and most likely is extremely sex-positive. She doesn't even care about accidentally crashing tits-first into Shinji or giving him an upskirt view. Plus, she probably has a whole host of interesting fetishes if her LCL kink is anything to go on.

Sense of Humor:

Misato would probably win this one. Given how often she teases Shinji and Asuka to lighten the mood, as well as her general cheery demeanor, she'd probably have no problems laughing at the most off-color material you'd both joke about.

Extroversion/Outgoingness:

Asuka wins this one by a landslide. Her sense of determination would probably lend itself to some pretty interesting and exciting vacation and/or date ideas.

Of all the potential options that NGE and NTE have given for potential Best Girls, I'd choose Maya first, but since she's probably a lesbian, I'd go with Sakura.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

cunning linguist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cunning linguist » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Good responses so far, gents.

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I thought the consensus was that Shinji was Best Girl.

Ah yes, Zizek's controversial Boipucci Theory. Glad to see it alive and well.

Guy Nacks wrote:
This is the first time I've heard of such an act being performed on that area of the body. Congratulations, your uniqueness and outside-the-box thinking is encouraging.

In terms of Best Girl-ness. I've broken it down into a few categories:

General Happiness/Psychological Health:

Here, Maya or Sakura would probably be your best option. They're both the most well-adjusted women in the series without any real hint of major psychological problems in canon without being too quirky. If anything, they would seem to be the best options for people to have serious conversations with without bristling at the thought of letting their guard down. They're kind, gentle, and would be the best people to spoon with after a day spend laughing and conversing.

Sexuality:

Mari wins this easily. Her straightforward, outgoing personality makes her totally game for trying anything you'd both come up with. She doesn't seem to have a guilt-complex concerning sexuality and most likely is extremely sex-positive. She doesn't even care about accidentally crashing tits-first into Shinji or giving him an upskirt view. Plus, she probably has a whole host of interesting fetishes if her LCL kink is anything to go on.

Sense of Humor:

Misato would probably win this one. Given how often she teases Shinji and Asuka to lighten the mood, as well as her general cheery demeanor, she'd probably have no problems laughing at the most off-color material you'd both joke about.

Extroversion/Outgoingness:

Asuka wins this one by a landslide. Her sense of determination would probably lend itself to some pretty interesting and exciting vacation and/or date ideas.

Of all the potential options that NGE and NTE have given for potential Best Girls, I'd choose Maya first, but since she's probably a lesbian, I'd go with Sakura.

You, sir, are an accomplished Waifuologist. Maya also has the forbidden fruit factor, which makes her even better girl combined with the QT variable, although the Moe Factor (as espoused by the degenerate Kyoto School) cannot as it has been disproven and leads to the selection of shit waifus 100% of the time.

CommanderFish wrote:Pen Pen.

This man is onto something.

dontaskme
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dontaskme » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:11 pm

armisael obviously

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby zeaven » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Hideaki Anno.
Underneath it all, we feel so small
The heavens fall, but still we crawl...

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:34 pm

Lilith is the source of all potential best girls, therefore Lilith is true best girl.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”