Who, truly, is best girl?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: Who, truly, is best girl?

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:02 pm

Hows 'bout we keep this about Eva, or else lock. ^_^
"Chaos is merely a human construct. The world only knows its own natural law of harmony and order."
"So you are saying it's the human heart that throws the world into confusion."

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:13 pm

Kaworu.

Obviously.
Crying Man
(Or, How Dr. Katsuragi Found God): Read at AO3 & Discuss Here.
Status: First Draft. Chapter 10: Idle Hands released 5/24/2017.

"Fighting idiocy is like fighting a hydra. Cut off one head, two more grow back and need to tell you their uninformed opinion." - PeeJee, Something*Positive

Lavinius
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:13 am

Mana is the prettiest.

BC Baron
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby BC Baron » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:42 am

Hikari Horaki

That is all.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Sorry, I gotta stick with Maya Ibuki. Sure, she's lesbian. But since when was "Best Girl" defined by the sexual attraction of the girl?

(Also, I tend to always become attracted to girls that weren't strictly straight IRL. I'm not even sure why. It's not like I know their sexual orientation when I first meet them. Maybe it's because straight girls tend to be more shy around the opposite sex, while girls that aren't swinging your way are more direct around you. And I like strong women who aren't shy, so....)
The Sequels to Emmanuel God With Us
I AM
Part 1 | Part 2
Coming 2016
Watch Announcement Here

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:17 pm

View Original PostCommanderFish wrote:Pen Pen.

View Original Postcunning linguist wrote:This man is onto something.

Umm... that penguin's male.

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:In terms of Best Girl-ness. I've broken it down into a few categories:

General Happiness/Psychological Health:

Here, Maya or Sakura would probably be your best option. They're both the most well-adjusted women in the series without any real hint of major psychological problems in canon without being too quirky. If anything, they would seem to be the best options for people to have serious conversations with without bristling at the thought of letting their guard down. They're kind, gentle, and would be the best people to spoon with after a day spend laughing and conversing.

Sexuality:

Mari wins this easily. Her straightforward, outgoing personality makes her totally game for trying anything you'd both come up with. She doesn't seem to have a guilt-complex concerning sexuality and most likely is extremely sex-positive. She doesn't even care about accidentally crashing tits-first into Shinji or giving him an upskirt view. Plus, she probably has a whole host of interesting fetishes if her LCL kink is anything to go on.

Sense of Humor:

Misato would probably win this one. Given how often she teases Shinji and Asuka to lighten the mood, as well as her general cheery demeanor, she'd probably have no problems laughing at the most off-color material you'd both joke about.

Extroversion/Outgoingness:

Asuka wins this one by a landslide. Her sense of determination would probably lend itself to some pretty interesting and exciting vacation and/or date ideas.

Actually, you can add Mana to each of those categories. Let's see:

General Happiness/Psychological Health:

Everything you wrote applies to her too.

Sexuality:

She shows absolutely no embarrassment at being in the same room as a naked Shinji, shamelessly peeping at him from behind one time and actually stripping him the second time. And, if the dialogue in the SE ending is to be believed, she actually has sex with him with zero regrets afterwards. And lest we forget, that time when she comes out of the shower in only a towel, tempts him by offering to show him what's underneath then actually doing it instead of making fun of him like Asuka did.

Sense of Humor:

Considering how often she teases Shinji, this one's a given.

Extroversion/Outgoingness:

Even moreso than Asuka, I dare say. Asuka has her relationship and coming-of-age issues; Mana has no such baggage.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Chapter 32 now up.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:41 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Mana.

Mana is a fanfiction-level character; she was not a creation of Anno's and not canonical. So, although she has a bunch of positives, I can't give her my vote because she isn't a true Evangelion character.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:35 pm

I don't see fanfiction characters being animated (sorta) with a professional voice actor.

She might be expanded universe, but she's still non-fandom. So yeah, she does belong there.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Chapter 32 now up.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Teti un
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Teti un » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:06 am

Asuka,just Asuka
Last edited by Teti un on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some crab

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Teti Un: The image didn't show up because you are hotlinking. See here.
Crying Man
(Or, How Dr. Katsuragi Found God): Read at AO3 & Discuss Here.
Status: First Draft. Chapter 10: Idle Hands released 5/24/2017.

"Fighting idiocy is like fighting a hydra. Cut off one head, two more grow back and need to tell you their uninformed opinion." - PeeJee, Something*Positive

Teti un
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Teti un » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:46 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Teti Un: The image didn't show up because you are hotlinking. See here.

Thanks and now it should be good
Some crab

mammaluser
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mammaluser » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:43 am

I'd say Hikari.
"I wish that i could turn back time..."

cunning linguist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cunning linguist » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Aight biggu boyos, it seems that when I told you we need to plot a course, I wasn't clear enough. Specimens like World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus O'ran and Emma Watson are right fuckable, but useless to my market research on behalf of Trump University's Department of Waifu Studies. I just came back from a very harrowing ordeal (long story short, I was kidnapped by a pair Burmese transvestites) in which I lost all my assets, and I need this data to fund my artisan vaporium. Onto feedback:

amitakartok wrote:
Umm... that penguin's male.

"In a waifu war, there is only one victor...the penguin."
-Confucius

"My cock yields for no man, except if that man is a penguin."
-Oda Nobunaga

"Penguins are such powerful husbandos that...they cross the threshold to become not only waifus, but best girls."
-Winston Churchill

"I would fuck a penguin tbh fam"
-Nicolas Cage

I rest my case.

Also, Mana a shit, and anyone who believes she's best girl deserves a hearty punch in the dick. Sorry, but the science is on my side. I can show you charts.

Thankx famalam, and let's stay on topic.
Last edited by cunning linguist on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Hikari.

Cute? Check.
Loyal? Check.
Feminine? Check.
Can cook (and loves to)? Check.
Sane? Check.

Hikari is true wife material and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

#TeamFreckles
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Tetsuo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:59 am

View Original PostCommanderFish wrote:Pen Pen.

Pen Pen = Waifu
AM: Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.

Tetsuo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:07 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Hikari.

Cute? Check.
Loyal? Check.
Feminine? Check.
Can cook (and loves to)? Check.
Sane? Check.

Hikari is true wife material and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

#TeamFreckles

Asuka.

Cute? Check
Easily manipulated and extremely insecure? Check
Easy to take advantage of? Check
Sane? No, but who needs sanity when you have such a need for other people that you would do just about anything for someone.
Feminine? Sorta but I like my women to be in a nice middle ground
AM: Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:15 pm

It is obviously Rei.

The implicit tragedy just makes it all more bittersweet.
Make Clone Love Not Clone War

dev-iated
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dev-iated » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:58 am

There is no wrong answer to this question, except Mari. That is objectively the wrong answer. What is wrong with you?

DarkBluePhoenix
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:09 am

dev-iated wrote:There is no wrong answer to this question, except Mari. That is objectively the wrong answer. What is wrong with you?

Stop the presses. How can Mari be a wrong answer ? Who doesn't love flirty and sexy with a heaping dose of mystery? And boobs, who doesn't love jiggly boobs in a pink plugsuit?
SPOILER: Show

Ritsuko is a far better candidate for the "wrong answer" category. Crazy, will shot you if you piss her off, tends to have mass-sucidial tendencies, not good with children... the list goes on.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

DarkBluePhoenix
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:32 am

Also, to point out while Mari and Asuka are my favorite female charcters (becasue they are just awesome to the max) Hikari is best girl, hands down. She's like the only sane cast member, if you discount her neurotic tendensies, she's really the only candidate. She cooks, she cleans, and she looks past the facade of a person to their true self, nuff said.

2nd Place: Rei
3rd Place: Maya

Honorable Mentions:
Mari
Asuka
Misato
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”