Asuka's role in 3.0 & Beyond

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:17 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:@The Cruel:
But yeah, for me at least that didn't accentuated at all a "frightening mercenary" side, quite the contrary, it gave me the feeling that while this side of her is unmistakably here, but it didn't become as much of a part of her as she believes.

Even that she endured all those troubles for a long time, someday there 'll be a moment where she reaches her limits. And even if the war would end, would she have her peace? Would she despite her issues have a perspective afterwards?

A person who has cancer and fights a battle with a uncertain outcome, would rather die right there than on the disease. Otherwise that Person gets the best support from firends and allies as much as possible.

I try to be optimistic, but what bothers me is how uncertain everything is.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:26 pm

^
Well she'll certainly find some kind of a void once the war is over, but I'm sure that she'll manage to get over it and continue living, she didn't survived that much for that long to simply keel over once it's finished, Mari certainly won't let her!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”