Evangelion Fan Art [ 6/23/2004 - 7/8/2011 ]

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:40 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:(Hell, I'd have probably made a few doujin. :sweatdrop: )

"Few" would be an understatement, I think. :shifty:

Although I'd probably just do a lot of fic-inspired single images, in all honesty. Y'know, for those out there who are too mentally lazy to picture it themselves. :nyao:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:35 am

A two-hour work of mine. References were used.
Evangelion Unit 02 and a pair of Leopard 2 tanks take part in a military exercise with the West German Army.
Last edited by LeoXiao on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:54 am

die deutschen panzer rollen wieder!

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:25 pm

View Original PostDirty Mick wrote:I'm gonna switch my baby Jesus nativity scene to this for Christmas. :chuckles:

I'll have to crank out a display-worthy version!

Been mostly busy with school, but doing lots of doodling on the side. ("dx over dy equals ln parenthesis 1 over the derivative of u and then you multiply that by... uh... uh... WTFISTHISSHIT." :monstrosities appear on notebook page: ) Once I schedule some time out with a scanner, I'll have a few interesting little distractions to post. (Though, not all of them are forum-appropriate. I'll just have to post those ones on /m/ instead. :devil: )

I also started up two "CGs" (as the Japanese say) in Photoshop: one my own interpretation of Beast Mode Eva-02 (insert phear here), and the other a greatly improved version of that "Rei fusing into Eva-01's glowing cooch" idea. Then I finally came to the realizations that (A) my tablet really, really sucks, and (B) Photoshop, or at least the version I'm using, is superbly shitty at emulating the artistic media I, frankly, WANT to emulate. I bet whenever I get those issues squared away, there will be no stopping me when I develop the urge to scrawl scenes of brutality and passion onto my computer monitor. NONE I SAY!

Meantime, here's a shitty WIP, for lack of anything else.

Time to disappear again.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:40 pm

I'm so happy Reichu is drawing again. It makes my crotch hot with passion.
Last edited by Sachi on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:30 am

Sachi: Oh, you. :smirk:

Great to see you drawing more, Reichu! Keep at it!

That is an awesome nekkid Beast Mode Eva-02.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

Postby GrummanCat » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:03 am

Chapter 5 is dragging. It just takes so long to cover the material. Anyways, here's a pic from scene 8. Shinji's absence is weighing on Asuka...

PLEASE check out my alt-universe EVA fan comic "EVA-303"!
https://eva-303.blogspot.com/

https://www.deviantart.com/eva-303

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:02 am

@Grummancat: I think this is one of your best yet! The pose and expression are well-conceived although something seems slightly wrong with the bottom half of the legs and forearms (I think they're too big, perhaps). Overall that doesn't really detract from the picture, however.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:54 am

Urg, can't sleep... And, oh, what's this, topic was replied to...

Sachi: Totally sigged.

SSD: Doumo! I actually don't plan on her being COMPLETELY naked -- I'm trying to be at least a little venturous for once -- but it will be pretty obvious what's flesh and what isn't. (And that said flesh is... not in its default state.) Unlike the film version, which is... yeah...

My mechanical design skills are pretty much nonexistent, but I figure while I'm at it I might at well attempt to reinterpret the limiters into something a little more workable. Like, do away with the giant hair-curler look; make them smaller and positioned so that they actually have somewhere they could feasibly tuck away, on an anatomical level. (I could attempt to justify Rule of Kakkoisa via 4th Dimensional Limiter Space or some fanwank, but that wank really chafes.) I dunno if anyone has any thoughts on this matter; I bet if they did, I'd be better off asking somewhere else.

BTW, have some shitty photos of random doodles. Next time will be better.

- Original character Azrael, flayed version. (He's intended to be the lovechild of Eva-02 and Sachiel, if you weren't familiar with him / if it weren't obvious.)
- Azrael again, this time from behind. His little tail is a quirky congenital malformation. The other things I doodled, I'll... leave you to guess about. Okay, one of them is way too obvious and I should have mosaic blurred it for "indecency".
- Wait... Who is this asshole, and what does he have to do with Evangelion? This sketch seemed to come out fairly decent, considering I can never get Akira to look right. The eyes seem a bit off.
- Akira again... A snippet of a larger sketch, pending a proper scan. Those are Adam's hands getting a little frisky. (Ever see that Yui tarot card? Yeah...)
- There is no explanation for this one. That is all.
- THIS DOODLE IS (NOT) SFW. I probably shouldn't post this one here, but it's so inane and crudely drawn, surely I can get away with it! The explanation: Eva-06 is stimulating Eva-01's reproductive system using the M-Type Equipment, which will result in Rei and Shinji being outed via the baby chute. It's like those lesbian whip-tailed lizards. Kind of.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:45 am

^
Squee!

I'm especially impressed by the first one, specifically your mastery of the fucked up anatomy of these beautiful monstrosities.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

Postby GrummanCat » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:44 am

View Original PostLeoXiao wrote:@Grummancat: I think this is one of your best yet! The pose and expression are well-conceived although something seems slightly wrong with the bottom half of the legs and forearms (I think they're too big, perhaps). Overall that doesn't really detract from the picture, however.

Thanks, Leo! I was going for some perspective on the legs. Glad if I didn't ruin it. :)
PLEASE check out my alt-universe EVA fan comic "EVA-303"!
https://eva-303.blogspot.com/

https://www.deviantart.com/eva-303

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:52 am

Reichu: Awesome job with Akira! :asuka_thumbsup: He looks somewhat Kaji-ish compared to previous images of him, which is a good thing. (Considering Misato and stuff.)

By the way, email me those drawings of yours that you'll post on /m/ since you wouldn't be able to post them here. >:3

The other Evas are lookin good too...Don't have too many comments on them. :sweatdrop:

Grummancat: Your style has really been improving, keep at it!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:02 pm

View Original PostGrummanCat wrote:Thanks, Leo! I was going for some perspective on the legs. Glad if I didn't ruin it. :)

I thought you might be trying for that. I guess it looks better now then.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:15 pm

REICHU GODDAMNIT! I'M ONLY SHOUTING BECAUSE I'M SO HAPPY I CANNOT GRASP MY TRUE FEELINGS!!

Seriously, I've been waiting for more of your drawings to emerge for a long time. I demand access to vast archives of your work. Someone told me you were making a naked eva doujin or something. I cannot sleep knowing you are hoarding sketchbooks full of Reichuesque love.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:28 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote: I can never get Akira to look right. The eyes seem a bit off.
Oh, but it looks like you did! I really like it, his facial structure and expression parallel Kaworu’s pretty nicely while at the same time fitting in what we did happen to see, he’s not just a Kaworu clone(or the other way around) but you can easily pick out the relation. It’s easy to see where Kaworu got his looks and attitude from.
...And the part about interspecies(If Kaworu really does count as an angel) relations defined by lanceplay and Bloodyhands.
Those are Adam's hands getting a little frisky.
-o-; Err, definitely interspecies. Dr.K isn’t a very responsible parent it seems. I really want to see the full size for that.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:03 pm

There'll be more from me later, but for now I'll just satisfy one request:

View Original PostSynapsid wrote:Dr.K isn’t a very responsible parent it seems. I really want to see the full size for that.

Well, okay, but you brought this upon yourself!

http://evageeks.org/images/reichu/rkc_fall-2010_akira-adam.jpg

Basically, it started as the sketch on the left, then I doodled the two close-ups. The thing that looks like an eye above Akira's head is Adam's core, with the Chamber of Guf starting to open. My scribbly comments, from top-left to right:

(1) (arrow) embryo (Kaworu)
(2) (arrow) Ooo nice hand
(3) (arrow) Maybe caress his face w/ index finger?
(4) (arrow) tongue

It could definitely be developed into an interesting piece. I took my cues from the creepy Tarot card of Yui with the giant of light "groping" her. In the actual Crying Man story, this sort of scene never happens, though I suppose Akira's guilt-ridden mind could easily hallucinate something like this.

Obviously wasn't sure where I was going with the double helix at the time, but now I think it might be interesting if both of their lower bodies deconstructed into double helices, which upon closer analysis turns out to be a single double helix continuous between Adam and Akira. Symbolizing... the forbidden genetic union... or something.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:07 pm

View Original PostLeoXiao wrote:Image
Why do the Eva and the tanks have angry vein-bulge marks?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:18 pm

I guess it's supposed to be the bundeswehr logo.
No idea what the "German" is supposed to mean though...

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Ahh...dug around in the black hole of my hard drive...

(CLICK!!!)

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:07 pm

A birthday gift for SSD. Happy birthday!

"The peonies were rough on my legs, leaves drawing pale scrapes on my skin that would quickly fade. The petals were what I remembered though; deeply lobed bushels of silk, poisoned a thick orange by the fall.

I remember your hands, rising up. Coldly I had struck you down—like some rubber doll that wouldn't stop getting up, I kept hitting you, feeling the wind on my fist. You never hit back.

Desperately I beat you, begging, pleading with silence. Just once, to turn your hand back on me, to hurt me. Act like you cared.

But when your hands rose up the knuckles weren't curled too tightly. Just enough to cradle flowers without crushing them, pulling the stems together in little ringlets. I didn't have words for that moment.

You tried your best, but the crown slipped on my head and the petals started to weave together, stubborn red knitting in with my hair. The flowers stung, sharp teardrops that bit at my skin only enough to whisper their feelings. You tried your best, but at the end of the day my hair was still mussed by a crown that would quickly collapse. Why did you even try?

What are you, stupid?"

Return to “Fan Works”