The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

This is madness! No, this is Pennsylvania!

Postby Killer Bee » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:57 pm

View Original Postgiuliano wrote:There was one time when I even got a random gashapon, opened it and was delighted to see a Unit 00 plug suit...
with an Asuka head. :shinchair:
Stupid 'special' version. >_<

That sounds so hot.

Anyway, I'm warming up to the little guy. He kind of reminds me of Frankenstein, or Quasimodo. Y'know, repulsively ugly and yet sympathetic. He just wants to be loved.

...I'm not sure where I was going with that. Anywho, you know how I bought it for $19? When I received it, I noticed a little sticker on the bottom of the box that said $4.99. WHERE THE HELL DID THIS GUY IN PENNSYLVANIA BUY THIS THING FOR $4.99?! GAWD.

Pennsylvanians have all the luck. :lastresort:

Dark doom
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Dark doom » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:52 am

View Original Postgiuliano wrote: delighted to see a Unit 00 plug suit...
with an Asuka head. :shinchair:
Stupid 'special' version. >_<

Biggist fail in the history of fail! :pointlaugh:
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

And then we come to the merchandising... facepalm- Mr. Tines

giuliano
Lilith

Postby giuliano » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:44 pm

My latest arrival was the Yukata Rei by Kotobukiya:

Always great quality statues from them.

I also picked up a really awesome looking A5 clear plastic card of the new Awakened Unit 01 from 2.0:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290450534522&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
It's GENDO~

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Halicat » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Kotobukiya figures are indeed stunning, she's very beautiful giuliano!

I never did post about my Revoltech Mari here, but I received her in May, I suppose I forgot to since she arrived just after I came back from holiday:

SPOILER: Show
I couldn't help but find Asuka really cute in pink XD

I found her a lot nicer than the older Revoltech versions of Rei and Asuka, especially the leg joints and torso, she's my fave to tinker around with.

I'm tempted by the Shikinami figure, I think she has more of an 'Asuka' feel to her, that, and my Sorhyu Revoltech has problems with her forearms constantly falling off, rendering her very difficult to pose D<

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Extra, extra! And a bonus!

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:02 pm

My Eva Extra 07 came in the mail a few days ago(finally!). I managed to find it on Ebay for only $7, and it was definately worth it despite being little more than a glorified pamphlet.

And the seller was nice enough to send me a little bonus...

A Tokyo-III/NERV bag from the Lawson in Hakone! I've never been so happy to receive a plastic bag in my life. Now I own a little piece of Eva history.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Halicat » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:32 am

Maiiiids maids MAIDS <3 They came today and they are so cute, as much as I'd love the Kotobukiya maid figures, I just don't want to spend that kind of cash [Maybe one day though *sigh*]

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:58 am

http://www.evageeks.org/2010/07/evangelion-figures-at-wonder-festival-2010/

Lots of pictures from Wonder Festival (in the links at the bottom).

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

I don't want them, I NEED them. Like I need air.

Postby Killer Bee » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:18 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:http://www.evageeks.org/2010/07/evangelion-figures-at-wonder-festival-2010/

Lots of pictures from Wonder Festival (in the links at the bottom).

Green plugsuit Mari Revoltech and Asuka Figma? DO WANT. :rei_hissyfit:

iain
Embryo

Postby iain » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm a bit of a figure nut, so here's everything I've learned about the new crop of figures.
The new Fraulein Revoltechs are much nicer than the old ones. Better articulation; they can now bend at the waist, more options and props; they now come with 3 faces each and other bits and pieces. Asuka's twin tails are articulated too, so you can make some really creative poses. As said before, Revoltech Mari in the Unit 05 prototype suit is coming a bit later.

The Figmas are pretty much the same, they claim an articulated waist, too. The big deal is the Figmas each coming with an entry plug cockpit. And it looks like the Figmas, at least Mari, will come with three interchangable faces, too.

Yamato seems to be coming out with articulated assembly models of Asuka and Rei, but I don't have any more info.

And no one is doing articulated figures of the girls in their street clothes/school uniforms, but I wouldn't put it past Max Factory now that they've started on Eva.

Finally, some S.O.B. has released a Nendoroid plug suit Rei, with cockpit. It's a WonFest only special, and costs a cool 100,000 Yen. (Pretty sure I got that number right.)

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Check out these chopsticks: http://www.evageeks.org/2010/07/evangelion-at-kotobukiya-booth-wonder-festival-2010/

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

FFFFFFFFFFFF-- I wish I had money. Spare change, anyone?

Postby Killer Bee » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:26 pm

http://www.evageeks.org/evanews/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/revoltech.jpg

Oh God, is that a new Asuka Revoltech in her regular plugsuit? ALSO WANT.

...I just hope she has normal-looking eyes, not those weird moe ones the Test Suit Revoltech has.

iain
Embryo

Re: FFFFFFFFFFFF-- I wish I had money. Spare change, anyone?

Postby iain » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:52 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:Oh God, is that a new Asuka Revoltech in her regular plugsuit? ALSO WANT.

...I just hope she has normal-looking eyes, not those weird moe ones the Test Suit Revoltech has.

Yeah, I guess it is. I must have missed that before. I don't see anything different about her eyes; I just took a close look at them and they seem the same as Mari's and Rei's.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Killer Bee » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:54 pm

View Original Postiain wrote:Yeah, I guess it is. I must have missed that before. I don't see anything different about her eyes; I just took a close look at them and they seem the same as Mari's and Rei's.

That's good. What about the hair? Do you think it looks blonder than it should? I hate blonde Asukas.

giuliano
Lilith

Postby giuliano » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Apparently the Nendoroid Rei is Y10,000 but it's limited to only 50...
http://wcloudxkumo.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/grande-works-nendoroid-rei-previews/
With that few there's little chance of one showing up on eBay or anywhere else and if one did I have no idea how much it could go for >_<
I really like nendoroids too... maybe they'll do a non-exclusive one later on.

I'm definitely getting a few of those chopsticks. :) and a Figma Rei.
It's GENDO~

kirri
Embryo

Postby kirri » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:06 pm

http://www.evageeks.org/evanews/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/revoltech.jpg

Who is the figure next to Mari, all the way to the left?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:29 am

View Original Postkirri wrote:Who is the figure next to Mari, all the way to the left?

Alice from Queen's Gate/Blade. If you google for "queen's gate alice" you'll see a ton of figures.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:35 pm

i dunno if i should wait on the Asuka figma as chances are it will sold out really quick, but i want to know if the head clip can be removed, so i can use the happy face with the normal plug suit version,becouse that one will problably have a angry or unhappy face.
ANATA BAKA !?

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Halicat » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:35 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:That's good. What about the hair? Do you think it looks blonder than it should? I hate blonde Asukas.

I think it's the same as the first Revoltech Asuka, judging by that photo and comparing it to my own. I am tempted by her as well. The articulation is lovely [I can't stay away from Mari, the only one of this new line that I have] and my Asuka figure's forearms won't stay on, making her very difficult to pose :(

Wish I had have waited until these came out before I bought the older Rei and Asuka figures, unfortunately, I didn't know lol

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:57 pm

View Original PostHalicat wrote:I think it's the same as the first Revoltech Asuka, judging by that photo and comparing it to my own. I am tempted by her as well. The articulation is lovely [I can't stay away from Mari, the only one of this new line that I have]

Mari is my first and only Fraulein, and I'm very happy with her as well. If this new figure actually looks like Asuka and they didn't screw up the eyes or the hair, then I'll probably have to get her. The only reason I didn't get the Test Suit Asuka was because I couldn't get over her weird eyes, so I got Mari instead.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Halicat » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:03 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:If this new figure actually looks like Asuka and they didn't screw up the eyes or the hair, then I'll probably have to get her. The only reason I didn't get the Test Suit Asuka was because I couldn't get over her weird eyes, so I got Mari instead.

None of the photos I've found of test suit Asuka are high res enough for me to get an idea of her appearance and it seems original plug suit Asuka isn't available yet [???], but the 003 version one's face isn't really good either personally, much too cutesy. Rei is ok I suppose. If this new Ori Plugsuit Asuka has a good face I might just go ahead and get her as well.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”