The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Peewit
Embryo

Postby Peewit » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:41 am

EVANGELION FAST FOOD SET

Holy crap my life is complete.

I love how there is absolutely nothing Eva related to the meal. Original Eva illustration? A greasy piece of paper with Shinji on it? In the picture it looks like he's being held against his will.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:LOL. I kind of actually want one of these. Wonder whether the food is tasty at Lotteria?

It's a lot better than any fast food place in the states. Just keep in mind that you don't get napkins and those burgers come with a lot of sauce, so you have to use the sleeve to keep from making a mess. I tried picking up one of the Rei figures they were giving away, but they were all taken by the time I got there.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:56 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:It's a lot better than any fast food place in the states. Just keep in mind that you don't get napkins and those burgers come with a lot of sauce, so you have to use the sleeve to keep from making a mess. I tried picking up one of the Rei figures they were giving away, but they were all taken by the time I got there.

Hmm.....I find this to be very intriguing. I always found Japanese eateries and restaurants in Japan to have better service and better tasting foods overall. Guess i'll need to make a visit to Lotteria if i can next time im in Tokyo to see how good this stuff is? Guess its better than McDonalds or A&W. LOL.

That chicken burger in that pic makes me want to drool. The deep fried chicken meat in the sandwich reminds me of Japan's deep fried don katsu and deep fried oyster.....YUM..... :)

Dr. Webster
Embryo

Postby Dr. Webster » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:51 pm

View Original PostPeewit wrote:A greasy piece of paper with Shinji on it? In the picture it looks like he's being held against his will.

It's Misato that I'm creeped out about, she looks just a bit too happy.

Also, the gravy (?) on that burger looks both delicious and horrible at the same time.

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby SenorSquiid » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:37 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:EVANGELION FAST FOOD SET

[

At this point Gainax should just have sex for money.

Also, much as I love gravy, I think I'll stick to Chick Fil A for all my chicken sandwich needs. amazing chicken they have, plus looking at my meal box won't make me wonder how much of Anno's soul he hasn't sold yet.
fnord

---
I will never stop trashing Magma Diver.
Ever.

Dr. Webster
Embryo

Postby Dr. Webster » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:23 pm

View Original PostSenorSquiid wrote:At this point Gainax should just have sex for money.

Don't give them any ideas. Next thing you know, they'll be making entry plug Trojans.

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:25 pm

View Original PostDr. Webster wrote:Don't give them any ideas. Next thing you know, they'll be making entry plug Trojans.

I'm okay with putting that on my penis.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:33 pm

View Original PostDr. Webster wrote:Don't give them any ideas. Next thing you know, they'll be making entry plug Trojans.

For some reason, I seem to recall seeing a picture of a condom with the Nerv logo on the wrapper.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Shin-seiki » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:16 am

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/04/24/lawson-opens-tokyo-3-evangelion-convenience-store/
I know, sankakushit, but just imagine of all the useless Eva junk you could load up with at this place.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:43 am

Suddenly, the Star Wars marketing machine feels prudish.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Iron Rooster » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:53 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Evangelion fast food

So are the NERV employees going to be eating Lotteria's food in the 3rd Rebuild movie? ^_^

I wouldn't be surprised if there were Lotteria wrappers sitting around Misato's apartment.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Peewit
Embryo

Postby Peewit » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:42 am

think I'll stick to Chick Fil A for all my chicken sandwich needs.

Then I guess you ain't seen this...

http://www.foodgeekery.com/reviews/double-down-with-kfc/

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby SenorSquiid » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:04 pm

View Original PostPeewit wrote:Then I guess you ain't seen this...

http://www.foodgeekery.com/reviews/double-down-with-kfc/

I was trying to forget about it, actually, especially since they call it a chicken sandwich. In my experience, a sandwich is defined by what's in the middle, which would make that a bacon sandwich that uses chicken for the bread.
fnord

---
Ever.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby tomrule123 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:37 pm

View Original PostShin-seiki wrote:http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/04/24/lawson-opens-tokyo-3-evangelion-convenience-store/
I know, sankakushit, but just imagine of all the useless Eva junk you could load up with at this place.

:jawdrop: :gendo_kimura: MUST...GO...TO Japan...NOW!

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sharaz Destler » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:26 pm

View Original PostShin-seiki wrote:http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/04/24/lawson-opens-tokyo-3-evangelion-convenience-store/

...I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry. I think both at the same time would be best. *cries while laughing*
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby SenorSquiid » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:39 pm

View Original PostSharaz Destler wrote:...I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry. I think both at the same time would be best. *cries while laughing and sipping an Evangelion slushy and smoking Eva brand cigarettes and eating Eva brand beef jerkey then going to the bathroom to buy Eva brand condoms*
fnord

---
Ever.

Peewit
Embryo

Postby Peewit » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Evangelion themed Pringles... Is there anything that they CAN'T put their faces on?

KaaVI
Lilith

Postby KaaVI » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:46 am

View Original PostPeewit wrote:Evangelion themed Pringles... Is there anything that they CAN'T put their faces on?

my underwear (and no i dont wear boxers) and i know they already exist but not in boxerbreif or tighty whitey form![/spoiler]
Kaworu is in my bed, all is right with the world.

Peewit
Embryo

Postby Peewit » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:58 am

View Original PostKaaVI wrote:my underwear (and no i dont wear boxers) and i know they already exist but not in boxerbreif or tighty whitey form![/spoiler]

Just you wait. Sooner or later, Gainax will come-a-sneaking through your window late at night to taint your underwear while you're sleeping. :P

Gainax always works in the cover of darkness.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sharaz Destler » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:13 pm

View Original PostPeewit wrote:Evangelion themed Pringles... Is there anything that they CAN'T put their faces on?

Must...resist..."Runaway Bride" joke...!
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”