Bluray release (TV + original movies) - August 26th 2015

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:26 am

At last the original broadcast series instead that frankenstein from renewal. And that comes from someone who thinks Dc it's the ultimate version, but from a collector's POV OA was a must.

Pretty interested in why they release Death & Rebirth, because it's an obsolete cut. But again from a collector's POV, I'm happy.

And archives is gonna be released only in DVD because it's just a collectors items and in my POV is not gonna be the most profitable one.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:46 am

:scanners_head:

JUST WHAT I WAS FUCKING HOPING FOR!!! I'M FEELING THE GODDAMN HYPE!!! :woohoo:

SPOILER: Show
SEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUEL

Maybe one of the reasons it's taking so long for Final to come out is because they are trying to get the rights for NGE from Gainax because they want to make Rebuild a sequel or prequel?
Or maybe they were just waiting for the original to be rereleased so people know what the hell is going on they make the reveal :wink:
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:22 am

I knew i wasn't crazy when i asked for that ''future teller'' tag :lol:

I have 3 at 3 regarding predictions (the one is for gaming tho the other two is for EVA)
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:41 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote::scanners_head:

JUST WHAT I WAS FUCKING HOPING FOR!!! I'M FEELING THE GODDAMN HYPE!!! :woohoo:

SEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUEL

Or maybe they were just waiting for the original to be rereleased so people know what the hell is going on they make the reveal :wink:

And the beginning of 1.11 shows us remains from EoE 3I......:facepalm:

Seriously??? Now, explain my how this announce explains or hints that NTE is a sequel

"Oh my god, the sequel theory is true : they are gonna release the original series for the 20th anniversary!!!!, and it's hosted in the OFFICIAL EVANGELION WEBSITE!!!.....where NTE is hosted too!!!!....along any other EVA product :facepalm: "

I respect people who support the sequel theory with arguments, but that goes beyond common sense.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:48 am

"Common Sense"? Oh, I remember that...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:21 am

Hell, I'd buy the additional Archival Set if it's the real OA episodes. I've always been wondering what the deal was with the still photos and sketches in OA Ep 23, but all I got aside for the DC in the Platinum:Perfect was a re-edited, nipple-free Rei tank. That's hardly interesting.

(That's one of the reasons why my interpretations of the show come only from DC + movies. Theres no reason to interpret a version of the show that I can't really watch. All the OA episodes I have are really just the DC episodes sans the interesting parts, not the OA episodes with their own interesting parts.)
Last edited by FreakyFilmFan4ever on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:24 am

I do hope we get New Original Artwork for the blu-rays! ^_^

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:36 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Hell, I'd buy the additional Archival Set of it's the real OA episodes. I've always been wondering what the deal was with the still photos and sketches in OA Ep 23, but all I got aside for the DC in the Platinum:Perfect was a re-edited, nipple-free Rei tank. That's hardly interesting.

(That's one of the reasons why my interpretations of the show come only from DC + movies. Theres no reason to interpret a version of the show that I can't really watch. All the OA episodes I have are really just the DC episodes sans the interesting parts, not the OA episodes with their own interesting parts.)

I do agree. I'v always despised Renewal's OA because it's just a fucking frankenstein, NOT THE dc NEITHER OA. If your are selling me OA, bring me the OA.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:36 am

Have already asked Selecta Visión (Spain) on twitter if they are going to release it. Hope so.

I always wanted to make a topic here, about where the on air version was. I remember seeing pics of it when I first informed myself about NGE. I also found the original Death and Rebirth on YT (Tamashii no Rufuran, an intermission, etc.) and now they are lost. Well, they were till now. :D
Last edited by kuribo-04 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:38 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Have already asked Selecta Visión (Spain) on twitter if they are going to release it. Hope so.

Beware Selecta and their masters :lol:

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:38 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Beware Selecta and their masters :lol:

You know them? Are you from Spain?
Edit: I'll find out later. Have to go. xD
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:45 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Why wait when you can just jack off in your hand and make a gif with your iphone. That's how crisp it will look.

Kimochi warui :facepalm:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Gib
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gib » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:19 am

Selecta is crap.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:21 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Would there be a way for them to patch things in isolation?

This could be done easily. Subtitle tracks can be quickly edited, and individual lines/words can be isolated and fixed without having to redo everything.

Audio would be harder but still possible. If they just recorded a new line, they could put that in and salvage the rest. It would take more work, but it could be done.

These are things a US licensor could do for a domestic release. I wouldn't expect Khara to do either. They will more than likely slap the Platinum dub and subs onto their release, if they decide to put English in at all, because those tracks are already finished and would require no effort at all.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:06 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:In that list of versions, where would one find the short-lived version of the Reiquarium with the backdrop images? None of those listed seems to fit the case.

I think a little wiki searching reveals the answer.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:29 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I always wanted to make a topic here, about where the on air version was. I remember seeing pics of it when I first informed myself about NGE. I also found the original Death and Rebirth on YT (Tamashii no Rufuran, an intermission, etc.) and now they are lost. Well, they were till now. :D
Apparently we're getting ALL THREE versions of Death, which is just insane. I don't think there's ever been a release of the first two versions.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:35 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:ALL THREE versions of Death

Pardon my ignorance but I never knew they were 3 different versions of death.
Could someone explain this to me?

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:01 pm

I know where to get it in existing DVDs (I have it) - but I can't see where the pre-renewal version of the Director's cut episodes will be in the new boxes, as they're not listed in the archive of the TV versions, nor as a duplicate in the main box.

Or maybe that will be back as the "proper" DC version of that scene.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:54 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Pardon my ignorance but I never knew they were 3 different versions of death.
Could someone explain this to me?

If I remember correctly, the original Death, as shown in cinemas, is the longest cut. It incorporated most(?) of the new footage from the Director's Cut episodes. Death(True) was the version shown on TV and it removed all of the new footage. I believe it was done to promote the VHS and LaserDisc versions. Death(True^2) is the version that everyone has seen. It is on all of the DVDs and is the version that is shown in the Revival of Evangelion prints. The only difference between this and Death(True) is the shot of Adam in Gendou's hand.

Isn't there a page on here explaining the differences?

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:01 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I know where to get it in existing DVDs (I have it) - but I can't see where the pre-renewal version of the Director's cut episodes will be in the new boxes, as they're not listed in the archive of the TV versions, nor as a duplicate in the main box.

Or maybe that will be back as the "proper" DC version of that scene.

[url]http://www.evangelion.co.jp/ng.html[/url]

Translate the site and you'll see ;)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”