[MANGA] [NGE] How would YOU like the Manga to end?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:50 pm

MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS through volume 8...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Eva the anime was so brilliant because it tied sci-fi together with a human problem: as human beings, we never seem to be able to really connect. we don't understand each other. we hurt each other. so, what if Human Instrumentality came and let us really know each other by living together in a sea of thought?

The problem is, the manga makes a bunch of changes. Kaji didn't leave Misato because they couldn't connect, he left because he was tormented by the death of his brother. Shinji gets along a lot better with Asuka and Rei. Touji is just plain dead-- but before piloting the Eva, he told the class rep that they should be friends. One of the anime's fundamental points, that humans have so much difficulty comprehending one another, is seriously changed in the manga.

That said, the ending should be one that satisfies these problems.
Last edited by Otaprince on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:54 pm

KOOL!!!! :shock: :cry:
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:06 pm

ok, if you want specifics, an interesting ending would be a sort of take on the aborted live-action sequence to EoE, except with a happy ending... After Instrumentality, everyone returns to their bodies and the world sort of returns to normal, like Rei said that they could.

Rei is gone from this world, having become some sort of cosmic being in Instrumentality. Misato and Kaji are back together. Touji is alive and with the class rep. Shinji and Asuka... are NOT together. i mean, i know that they end up washed up on the shore at the end of EoE, but i never really saw anything fundamental in their characters to indicate that they need each other, or are right for each other. I'd say, Shinji and Asuka grow up and pursue their own lives.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:49 pm

I dont think a lot of people will agree with you on the Shinji/Asuka part. It is something Anno would do tho.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

Re: How would YOU like the Manga to end?

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:47 pm

max3000 wrote:Since the Manga still hasn't officialy ended, how would you like Sadamoto to finish it?

Eventually.

A nice Rei poster in the latest SHONEN ACE, though. All the little EVA gifts you get in the magazine instead of actual new chapters of the manga remind me of bank robbers throwing money out behind them, hoping to stop traffic long enough to make their getaway ;-)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:25 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:The entire landscape of the Earth was completely altered.

Really? It looks fairly normal to me, if you ignore the fact that everything is red and there is a giant head in the background.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:20 am

Reichu wrote:Really? It looks fairly normal to me, if you ignore the fact that everything is red and there is a giant head in the background.

Yeah, the earth is intact, but covered in blood. It looks so cool when the eva goes flying to the space and we can see the a red earth with the blood ring arround it. Great ending.

Back on topic...
The manga should end with a happy ending, i just can't stand another "mind fuck" ending :shock:.
More action, more new scenes, more development of characters we never see, etc.
*insert cool signature here*

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:31 am

Nephilim wrote:Yeah, the earth is intact, but covered in blood. It looks so cool when the eva goes flying to the space and we can see the a red earth with the blood ring arround it. Great ending.

I don't think the Earth is red from 'blood' per se. The ring is blood, of course, but the Earth's red color seems to be a reference to the Red Earth Purification Ceremony. We see the Earth TURN red as all life is liquified and its souls freed:

And recall what Gendou says of Antarctica, which is a 'Dead Sea' of red:

Gendou: And yet this is a purified world, a world lacking the impurity
of the original sin.

Off topic? Of course!

The manga should end with a happy ending, i just can't stand another "mind fuck" ending :shock:.

It was happy, if you think about it the right way. ;)

More action, more new scenes, more development of characters we never see, etc.

Like Shiro Tokita? :chortle:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Gilgamesh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gilgamesh » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:33 pm

Reichu wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:The entire landscape of the Earth was completely altered.

Really? It looks fairly normal to me, if you ignore the fact that everything is red and there is a giant head in the background.

Ah, sorry, I didn't see the trees and such in that picture. But all societal structures have pretty much collapsed. Life is still going to move along very slowly in the world post-Third Impact.
A person...is a shadow which we can never penetrate, of which there can be no such thing as direct knowledge, with respect to which we form countless beliefs, based upon words and sometimes actions, neither of which can give us anything but inadequate and as it proves contradictory information-a shadow behind which we can alternately imagine, with equal justification, that there burns the flame of hatred and of love.
-Marcel Proust, In Search of Lost Time

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:31 pm

In the bible dosent it say that the Earth is going to be cleansed by fire? That god is going to take all his followers off the Earth and burn the sin off it? Just a thought.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:45 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:In the bible dosent it say that the Earth is going to be cleansed by fire? That god is going to take all his followers off the Earth and burn the sin off it? Just a thought.

This is why I always tell people at EVA panels in hotels to bring the Gideon that comes with their room. It's about time someone got some use out of it.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:05 pm

I used to be little bible boy back in my day (irony because im 16 lol). I was into all the bible storys and camps. Until I saw the cruption in it and when Evangelion came into the picture. I study multible religons but the bible is my main on.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:20 pm

I think i'd like to see and ending that is not as much of a mind screw as EoE. If I could have an ending with Asuka Misato and Shinji alive with some chance at learing from their past mistakes and be happy, the would make me happy.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

houtaru
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby houtaru » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:59 pm

I'd like to see a bittersweet ending that still has Asuka and Shinji alone together. This scene from EOE always cemented the idea of 'Neon Genesis' to me. Plus, it inspires hope from despair.

Just, please god, don't let the manga have the 'baloney pony' scene.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:12 pm

houtaru wrote:I'd like to see a bittersweet ending that still has Asuka and Shinji alone together. This scene from EOE always cemented the idea of 'Neon Genesis' to me. Plus, it inspires hope from despair.

yeah that would be really great..however it may be better the ending of manga not to "connect" in some way with the end of the anime..it should be something new and surprising..but still i too wish it has asuka-shinji together..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:32 pm

How 'bout if they all remain together as a single entity? Would the angels be apart of it when all the souls gather??

Ayanami
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ayanami » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:51 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:How 'bout if they all remain together as a single entity? Would the angels be apart of it when all the souls gather??

Good question... I have no idea.

But anyway... I think I'd kinda like to see a manga interpretation of EoE. It's not necessarily the ending I'd want, but it'd still be interesting to see the movie from Sadamoto's point of view.
Close your eyes and listen hard

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:14 pm

Well any one INTELLIGENT what to anwser me LoL J/k Ayanami

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:18 pm

I think that Sadamoto has the potential of creating an entire new ending, wich would be quite intresting...

But if he doesn't, then I'd vote for EoE. Gotta be the best ending I've seen so far.
Asuka > Rei

Sectre01
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Sectre01 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Ryo wrote:I think that Sadamoto has the potential of creating an entire new ending, wich would be quite intresting...

But if he doesn't, then I'd vote for EoE. Gotta be the best ending I've seen so far.

Agree, who doesn't like the "most main characters die in brutal ways endings".

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”