What anime are you watching right now? May-Nov '13

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Shinobu is the greatest thing about Monogatari, just as you'll see in future episodes and Kizu. Hanekawa was a predictable Plain Jane and I'm glad that she'll no longer be the focus of future arcs since her story is pretty much done.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:14 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Loli bat? Yeah, almost forgot she exists. So far more like curiosity than interest with the lack of exposure. Kizu when?
She's great in kizu and her bathtub conversation with Araragi is my favorite exchange in Nise, and that's facing stiff competition from the various Kaiki conversations.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:48 pm

I'm sorry, there were conversations in Nise?

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:59 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:I'm sorry, there were conversations in Nise?
Thinly veiled by toothbrush incest and nudity, yes.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Uchouten Kazoku: I really like this show, but the Friday Fellows business is leaving me strongly inclined to drop it. At this point I'm just hoping there's something important I've missed that will cast the whole show in a different light.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:09 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Uchouten Kazoku: I really like this show, but the Friday Fellows business is leaving me strongly inclined to drop it.
What do you mean? You don't like the direction it's going in?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:13 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:What do you mean? You don't like the direction it's going in?

Correct. Watching the MC being forced to socialize with someone who ate his father, and who, by all indications, will eat him before the end of the show, and who is idolized by everyone and his grandmother in the show, is . . . unpalatable, let's say.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:46 pm

The MC chose to do that, the situation was made worse by losing the fan. He wasn't "forced" to socialize with the Friday Club, that was all part of the agreement.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:59 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:The MC chose to do that, the situation was made worse by losing the fan. He wasn't "forced" to socialize with the Friday Club, that was all part of the agreement.

I'm talking about the premise of the show in general, not specific events in the most recent episode. Everything related to Benten is just ten kinds of fucked up.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:22 am

View Original Postmoonwolf2024 wrote:Danganronpa Ep 5.

I'm going to miss hearing Kazuya Nakai, who also does Roronoa Zoro from One Piece, although it's great to hear Megumi Ogata handle another teenage boy role that isn't Shinji.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:50 am

View Original PostAR-99 wrote: although it's great to hear Megumi Ogata handle another teenage boy role that isn't Shinji.

Just wait till you hear her as Nagito in Dangan Ronpa 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckOqaWfXAWc
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:35 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Correct. Watching the MC being forced to socialize with someone who ate his father, and who, by all indications, will eat him before the end of the show, and who is idolized by everyone and his grandmother in the show, is . . . unpalatable, let's say.
I agree, it's kind of upsetting to watch. Benten's passive hostility freaks me out.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:00 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:The Girl Who Leapt Through Time: Why does time travel have bad consequences 90% of the time it is used in fiction? Anyway, a good movie.

Summer Wars: It seems that Facebook can be destroyed by a combination of card games and math. Interesting.

I actually bought both of these at the same time, since I found out that Sadamoto did character designs for them. Honestly, I liked his work in Evangelion better.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Guhhh, you don't go into those two films expecting GAINAXesque designs. They would've been completely off whereas the style Sadamoto employed for Hosoda films work absolute marvels with the man's directing style, ADs and tone of the stories. They're great designs, especially in Summer Wars, in their unassuming modesty and get the job done incredibly well.

Which, in the end, is the main purpose of character designs (no it's not oh god teh Rei fap fap fap though that's more often than not partial aim)

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

Postby moonwolf2024 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:23 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:I'm going to miss hearing Kazuya Nakai, who also does Roronoa Zoro from One Piece, although it's great to hear Megumi Ogata handle another teenage boy role that isn't Shinji.

It's funny you mentioned that. When I first heard Naegi's voice I thought that it sounded familiar, but couldn't put my finger on it. By the second episode I said " Wait a minute..that's Shinji!". So yes, it was very nice hearing her voice again. ^_^
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Don't get me wrong, Xard; I loved the films, both of them. I was simply making a comment on the character designs.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:14 pm

Started on Serial Experiments Lain. I've finished episode two. All I can say is that I have no bloody clue what's going on.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:21 pm

^ It'll start making sense eventually, Lain is easier on the brain cells than Eva.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:44 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Don't get me wrong, Xard; I loved the films, both of them. I was simply making a comment on the character designs.

And that's what he responded to. The point being that it's pointless to compare Sadamoto's work in Evangelion and Hosoda's films and that his style in Hosoda's films is perfect for the director's overall style. Thus Sadamoto's character design for Hosoda's films is pretty amazing and it's weird to approach it from a comparative perspective.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Kurairush
Embryo

Postby Kurairush » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:34 am

Just finished up Genshiken 2 yesterday.
Originally, I wanted to end it by continuing to watch the subbed version (like I had done before), but those videos were having problems loading, so I was forced into watching it dubbed, but on a better source. With the exception of Sue's usage of Japanese (It was different in the subbed version, I'm sure) and the voices of a few of the main characters (namely Saki and Ohno.), the dub actually sounded fine.

After I finish up Arakawa under The Bridge, my anime list won't be so cluttered. (Too much stuff on the "Watching" area on my list)
Monster is just getting better with each episode... although I wonder why MAL gave it a "R+ - Mild Nudity" rating. I'm at 21 episodes so far.

Return to “Old Stickies”