Currently playing 4: Guns of the Patriots

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:07 am

Started playing Cave Story again; I'm currently playing the basic DSiWare version although I've already finished Cave Story+ on PC (which is the best version of the game available IMO).
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:49 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Also, do you think now that we have a video game subforum we should have a "Video Game News" thread? Right now we put announcements and articles in this thread since it was all we had for awhile, but I was thinking if we make one dedicated to news and what not this can be reserved for actual discussion of what we're playing. Thoughts?

We could sticky a news thread, just keep in mind not everyone's going to use it, some bits of news is going to need its own thread, and thus we'll sometimes get stuff posted in a 2 places (which doesn't exactly reduce clutter).

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:16 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:We could sticky a news thread, just keep in mind not everyone's going to use it, some bits of news is going to need its own thread, and thus we'll sometimes get stuff posted in a 2 places (which doesn't exactly reduce clutter).

Not to mention that I'd abuse it so people can read my stuff (I write for an amateur news site. We're actually pretty good; we even get regular interviews with people like Richard Garriot.)

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Well I was just throwing it out there to see if there's an interest for it. If one's made I'd probably post more newsy stuff in it than I do currently in this thread.

View Original Postssguy wrote:Not to mention that I'd abuse it so people can read my stuff (I write for an amateur news site. We're actually pretty good; we even get regular interviews with people like Richard Garriot.)

Shot in the dark but Gather Your Party?
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:41 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Well I was just throwing it out there to see if there's an interest for it. If one's made I'd probably post more newsy stuff in it than I do currently in this thread.

Shot in the dark but Gather Your Party?

You got it! I didn't bother posting the name since the site is down right now.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:47 am

I got back into martial arts games again, but I wish there was a current-gen game that provided a semblance of realism. The Fight Night series is hilariously arcade and EA MMA's gameplay is too simplistic, so the closest thing to a realistic game is UFC Undisputed 3, which still feels like rock 'em sock 'em with grappling.

The Victorious Boxers/Hajime no Ippo series still has the most realistic gameplay of all, and that's based on an anime.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Loving the trailer for Wolfenstein: The New Order

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlvfqfGTar4[/url]

Nazi's with crazy weaponry and mechs.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Still trying out new ways to spice up mecha battles in Scribblenauts Unlimited; found out I could make my bullets Explosive by making the gun itself Explosive (which also means I can set it to blow up and toss it in front of my enemy if the need arises) which allows me to blow up the enemy's gun (unless it's built of titanium) and stagger them with explosions, but if I do that I can't make the gun and bullets Magnetic, which makes my bullets curve and swoop towards the metal body of the enemy mecha, or orbit around the gun which sometimes allows them to block incoming fire.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:46 pm

The Last of Us is an excellent game, definitely a 10/10, but it's very realistic and dark. Don't be expecting the Uncharted series if you play it. I also highly recommend Remember Me, it's cyberpunk as hell and really interesting. I just wished they would have focused on the Memory Remixes more.

CJD: What I find confusing about Gog is the games are apparently compatible with Windows, but isn't it essentially running Dosbox off of Windows? I'd love to finish the Quest for Glory series someday without getting that stupid Error 52 in Shadows of Darkness. I played that one as a kid but never finished it.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:34 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:The Last of Us is an excellent game, definitely a 10/10, but it's very realistic and dark. Don't be expecting the Uncharted series if you play it. I also highly recommend Remember Me, it's cyberpunk as hell and really interesting. I just wished they would have focused on the Memory Remixes more.

CJD: What I find confusing about Gog is the games are apparently compatible with Windows, but isn't it essentially running Dosbox off of Windows? I'd love to finish the Quest for Glory series someday without getting that stupid Error 52 in Shadows of Darkness. I played that one as a kid but never finished it.

I put Last of Us as more of a 7/10. Too easy and scripted.

Gog does basically run Dosbox, but one that's already tailored to the specific game so it just works.

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:45 pm

View Original Postssguy wrote:I put Last of Us as more of a 7/10. Too easy and scripted.
Finally someone that doesn't treat that game like Jesus or whatever.

Topic: I just gladly completed Fable 3 (because I couldn't have waited to get rid of it) and I did the bad ending because I heard that even though it's bad, at least people are still alive in the game, unlike the good ending. I also had fun with killing people in it because I was bored and I tried to do an orgy. :devil:

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:56 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote: I also had fun with killing people in it because I was bored and I tried to do an orgy. :devil:

living out your fantasies vicariously, i see ;)

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:00 pm

It was just to see how the game works. And it's terribly crappy.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:09 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:It was just to see how the game works. And it's terribly crappy.

i know, i was making a joke :tongue:; the game is complete shite compared to the first Fable

Topic: this weekend beta-testing for FFXIV:ARR is complete. i recently discovered that we can post pictures, but unfortunately i forgot to take any this time around

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:10 pm

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:i know, i was making a joke :tongue:; the game is complete shite compared to the first Fable.

How come?

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:17 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:How come?

in all honesty, it would probably be better for you to find out yourself by playing it. yes i know it's for xbawx, but it's also on PC (you can probably play it on your computer); Fable 2 isn't bad either - i played some of the co-op in it and it was pretty fun

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:18 pm

I do still have a Xbox. I use it only to play with emulators lol.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:20 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:I do still have a Xbox. I use it only to play with emulators lol.

clever girl :)

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:24 pm

I would've used it more if original Xbox's servers would still have been online, but they'd probably have banned me because I have a modded system. I'm glad I spent my last days of Halo 2 right before I upgraded my Hard Drive to 350 GB, I can't play original Xbox games on my 360 somehow, I use my old Xbox for that too.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Finally finished Golden Axe III with my brother. That freakin final boss...

Streets of Rage III however, remains unbeatable.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”