"You know you're obsessed with NGE when" thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

rhfxz1s
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby rhfxz1s » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:15 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:When you Handbrake the entire series, and the movies, and add them and the soundtracks to your iPhone so you can watch the whole damn thing on an international trip. Also, when you fork over the money for a 2000 mAmp Mophie Juicepak so that you're sure you'll have enough battery life to last for a 15 hour flight. Oh, and when Asuka's the wallpaper for said phone.

Just gotta get to work on a sound scheme now, and I'll be all set...

I handbraked the entire series and I have all the soundtracks on my iPod. Shit.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:47 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:When you Handbrake the entire series, and the movies, and add them and the soundtracks to your iPhone so you can watch the whole damn thing on an international trip. Also, when you fork over the money for a 2000 mAmp Mophie Juicepak so that you're sure you'll have enough battery life to last for a 15 hour flight. Oh, and when Asuka's the wallpaper for said phone.

Just gotta get to work on a sound scheme now, and I'll be all set...

:gendo_kimura: Well, better make full use of my iPad now! Gotta run!

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:05 pm

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:I handbraked the entire series and I have all the soundtracks on my iPod. Shit.

As do I. It makes it so much easier to find stuff in NGE on short notice.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Mordicaii
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mordicaii » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:08 am

View Original PostAshPhoenix wrote:As do I. It makes it so much easier to find stuff in NGE on short notice.

Yeah, I do, too. Like AshPhoenix said, it does make looking stuff up easier, but it also provides entertainment on planes and uh... in the middle of class.

Sahaquiel
Embryo

The beginning of the obsession

•      
  •      

Postby Sahaquiel » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:41 am

SPOILER: Show
The first time I noticed that was when I started looking for videos and images of Evangelion. Then I knew it because I watched all the series in 2 days. And I know im still obsessed because I watch the news of Evangelion every day. :harpy_liplick:
?????????????

LoCooLaidman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LoCooLaidman » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:16 pm

When my favorite shape became the octogon and purple with green became my favorite color duo... oh and when I came to realize that orange juice might not be orange "juice". Tang is no longer Tang.

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:20 pm

I hung out at a nearby lake today. I noticed a fallen tree reaching out to the middle of the lake, so I climbed to the center of the lake and started humming "Ode to Joy" while sitting like Kaworu. Shinji didn't come by, though.
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:36 pm

get some naked pictures of Asuka, Rei and Misato as bait; you'll hook a sociophobic, shy young asian boy soon enough.

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:53 pm

View Original Posttehprognoob wrote:get some naked pictures of Asuka, Rei and Misato as bait; you'll hook a sociophobic, shy young asian boy soon enough.

That sounds gay and not gay at the same time.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:39 am

View Original PostAshPhoenix wrote:I hung out at a nearby lake today. I noticed a fallen tree reaching out to the middle of the lake, so I climbed to the center of the lake and started humming "Ode to Joy" while sitting like Kaworu. Shinji didn't come by, though.
:lol: Nice!
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Jessemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jessemon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:40 am

I had a stressful end to my day yesterday and my girlfriend told me to try taking a relaxing bath.

Guess what line of dialogue ran through my head, even though it's not even true in my case >_>
"Your truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it. That's how fragile the truth for a human is." Hideaki Anno

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:14 pm

the i-hate-myself-and-the-world one or The Water, Is too-Damn-Hot one?

oh right, when u see jimmy mcmillian and the rent is too damn high video and automatically imagine Asuka saying Shinji, is too damn dumb

toastyotaku42
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby toastyotaku42 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:25 pm

You know you're obsessed with eva when
-you wishlist every evangelion item on myfigurecollection.net
-you make tang and call it LCL
-you mutter eva technobabble when your computer goes berserk (eject the entry plug! It's not working! sync ratio is dropping...) you guys know what I mean I just can't think of it all right now
-you quote the show in your everyday life and make lots of references
-you wish you had eva cosplaying friends (can any of you guys help me with that)
-you imitate Asuka (tiffany grant) on a regular basis and your pretty darn good (i do that)
-you spend all of your dealers room money at cons on eva stuff
-you have a crush on Rei or Asuka
In the morning or at night it is such a great delight to eat green cereal -AD Police Files

What if it did. What if it didn't. What if the world were made of pudding -Story From North America

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:24 pm

View Original Posttoastyotaku42 wrote:-you have a crush on Rei or Asuka

I think that's just about every male here. No need to worry about that.

toastyotaku42 wrote:-you mutter eva technobabble when your computer goes berserk (eject the entry plug! It's not working! sync ratio is dropping...) you guys know what I mean I just can't think of it all right now

I need to try that and see if saying that stuff fixes my computer. :lol:

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:52 pm

View Original PostAshPhoenix wrote:I think that's just about every male here.

Not me! I'm all about Mari's hot ass! ...... Oh! And sweet hot Shinji X Gendo sex!
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:20 pm

You know you're obsessed with Eva when you play Rei's theme on the trombone (and the piano, even though you can't play it).
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:49 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:Not me! I'm all about Mari's hot ass! ...... Oh! And sweet hot Shinji X Gendo sex!

That's why I said "just about", silly! :chuckles:

rhfxz1s
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby rhfxz1s » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:00 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:You know you're obsessed with Eva when you play Rei's theme on the trombone (and the piano, even though you can't play it).

I don't know if Rei's theme would sound even more depressing on the trombone or just plain silly.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:09 pm

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:I don't know if Rei's theme would sound even more depressing on the trombone or just plain silly.

Silly.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:01 pm

View Original PostAshPhoenix wrote:that's everyone here. No need to worry about that.

Fixed
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”