4th Film Info (READ OP) + Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:47 am

Call me naive, but I think we actually will see the preview in 4.0. It's just a single shot, not a collection of plot points like the others. Actually, I'm kinda bummed Anno didn't come up with an elaborate alternate-reality story that won't be in the next film, with a dozen different shots or something.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:48 pm

He went for the safe option and showed just a battle scene that he probably intends to put in the movie anyway, I think the battle will be there, maybe he'll change some details (like making 8+2 a little easier on the eye) to make it better.

zpoop
Embryo

Postby zpoop » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:47 pm

I really hope the entire idea gets scrapped. Eva 8+2 somehow managed to make Jet Alone look good by comparison.
It's not the poop it's the mystery... behind the poop.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:54 am

Well, I'm both a Rei fan and a Kaworu fan, but I'm not really unhappy about the way 3.0 turned out. Both of ReiQ and Kaworu had interesting roles and I looked forward to seeing more of them in Final (at least in ReiQ's case).

In fact I think I prefer ReiQ to Poka Poka Rei, simply because her character is initially presented as a "blank slate" without any personality (even less than the original Rei), she steadily develops free will throughout the film, and it seems there would be lots of ways her personality could grow in Final. Unlike Poka Poka Rei, who is mostly faithful to her TV representation.

In terms of shipping, ReiQ and Kaworu both have a shot at getting with Shinji (if you take Kaworu's last line and the SDAT scene seriously), so they weren't that badly damaged. The main problem lies in that people are upset that Shinji didn't get with Poka Poka Rei, which would have secured her as Shinji's permanent waifu, and Kaworu got killed at the end of 3.0.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:43 pm

I'm still hoping for some secret revelation in the Final movie that Rei Q is in fact Rei II, with just a severe case of amnesia. The scene of her observing the cassette player ties in perfectly with such a scenario. I don't care how contrived or forced it would be, but if they're gonna continue to shit on Shinji and further break him down, this would be a perfect way to do so. With all the crazy shit that's happened during the 14 year time skip, it be the perfect way to troll the audience IMHO.

"Oh, you know that girl you thought you saved by the destroying the world and turned out to be a series clones with your Mom's genes? Well, she's been with you all along. See, we needed her soul to awaken Lilith, so we took her out of Unit-01 to initiate the 3rd Impact but some crazy shit happened that terminated said impact and we'd figure it be easier to manipulate you into initiating another impact by making you believe you didn't save that girl and give you the desire undo past events. So we completely rebooted her to a blank state so that she wouldn't remember or recognize you, thus making you feel like shit, feel sorry for yourself and be a complete tool for our plans, all according to our script."

Or some variation of all that, of course I'm just fanwanking and BSing at the same time. Not that those two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

:tongue:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:21 pm

I think it's safe to say that, sadly, Poka Rei is gone forever. They would have found her when they salvaged Shinji, which they quite obviously didn't. Rei Q has been around for some time, so it's safe to say that another one was booted up somewhere in the timeskip. Rei II is probably just floating around in the Eva's core somewhere, having heart-to-heart talks with Yui. The only way I can imagine Poka Rei returning is if Wille does some more probing into their new-found power source. Until then, I believe it's safe to say that she's gone.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:53 am

I don't think Final Impact is evitable.
Why? Quantum Rei back in 1.0. Must have come from somewhere.

But I don't see Shinji intentionally causing it, he's certainly broken enough, but the fact part of why he's reduced to that state is that he unintentionally torched the planet should act as a wedge there.
And him getting tricked into doing it a third time would be too repetitive.

Probably, it's gonna happen while he's curled into a ball somewhere, too afraid to make it worse by interfering - or he may even wind up actively trying to prevent it, depending of just how effective that "place of hope" turns out to be.

Also, Gendo pulls a redemption-equals-death thing. He's not getting out alive after the whole planet torching deal, too much bad karma, but with the generally more sympathetic treatment these movies have been given him, I can't imagine a classic screaming cursing villain death.

Don't write SEELE off just yet - the old fools themselves are gone, but their mechanical playthings (like the mechanical angels) are still all around the place.
They were confident that whatever Gendo does will play into their hands, that's why they let him pull the plug on him in the first place. They already nearly suceeded and they probably planned ahead.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:48 am

I disagree, I think Shinji will cause the final impact himself (with some Gendo help oviously) and it might even be intentional for a change. First he tried to save the girl and screwed the world, then he tried to fix the world and almost doomed it again, with all the suffering he inadvertently caused it's very likely that he'll just give up trying to make things better and let everything return to nothingness, where he can't be hurt (then Rei and mommy show him the value in living and maybe he changes his mind), third time is a charm after all.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:56 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:I disagree, I think Shinji will cause the final impact himself (with some Gendo help oviously) and it might even be intentional for a change. First he tried to save the girl and screwed the world, then he tried to fix the world and almost doomed it again, with all the suffering he inadvertently caused it's very likely that he'll just give up trying to make things better and let everything return to nothingness, where he can't be hurt (then Rei and mommy show him the value in living and maybe he changes his mind), third time is a charm after all.

Or, he doesn't do anything, maybe he kills himself before anyone can get him to pilot the Eva again.(I know it goes against the message that Anno wants us to see.) Right now he's more fucked up now than he was in EoE, and this moment there is only way that Shinji might end up inside Eva again: someone has to carry to him to it.
Anno better come up a damn good reason for Shinji to pilot again, without anybody carrying him to Eva by force. I don't know what lies ahead "upon a place that teaches him hope", but i don't think it's a place where Toji ,Kensuke, Kaji ect. are, it would be too predictable.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:55 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Quantum Rei back in 1.0.

Quantum Rei is responsible for making my life miserable last year. I don't like her at all.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Physically Poka Rei is done for. But metaphysically Poka Rei is certain to show up in 4.0. So far a mysterious omnipresent Rei has shown up in Rebuild twice - first at the start of 1.0 before Shinji & then in 3.0 before ReiQ - & she's going to be all over 4.0 I promise.

Once Shinji steps inside Unit 01 there's going to be quite a reunion.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Hopefully they wrap up everyone's shit in 4.0 instead of keeping all the focus on Shinji.

EDIT: I assume Poka Rei is the one from 1.11 and 2.22. Would Quantum Rei be the one that transcends time and sends projections of itself all over the place?
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Güf Trüp
Embryo

Postby Güf Trüp » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:02 pm

And Shinji's gotta reconcile with both Gendo and Misato now, and it's too late to reduce their roles...

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:35 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:I assume Poka Rei is the one from 1.11 and 2.22. Would Quantum Rei be the one that transcends time and sends projections of itself all over the place?

Quite right. Quantum Rei is not to be mixed up with Rei Q, or Rei III for the more orthodox of us.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Would I be correct in assuming that Quantum Rei is sequel theory as fuck?

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:49 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:Would I be correct in assuming that Quantum Rei is sequel theory as fuck?

It depends. We got Quantum Rei as a bookend in Episode 1 and EoE, and we also got Little Miss Quantum in the beginning of 1.0. I'm assuming that we'll get another appearance from her in Final, but I don't think it's enough to scream "Sequel theory!" at us.

There's plenty of discussion about this in the sequel threads. You'd love it.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:08 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:It depends. We got Quantum Rei as a bookend in Episode 1 and EoE, and we also got Little Miss Quantum in the beginning of 1.0. I'm assuming that we'll get another appearance from her in Final, but I don't think it's enough to scream "Sequel theory!" at us.

There's plenty of discussion about this in the sequel threads. You'd love it.
I know it doesn't scream sequel theory, but the alternative is assuming Anno is just rehashing everything from the original, which I would prefer not to believe.

I'll look at the sequel threads, thanks.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:19 pm

SPOILER: Show
My 4.0 predictions:
-The movie begins with Asuka, Shinji and Rei arriving to a place "where Lilin are."
-They meet up with Kaji who is the leader of Wille in some kind of golden temple place in the middle of the red desert.(+ he's a Gigolo)
-Kaji suggests to have a ritual with Rei.
-He says that the fate of the world lies within this ritual.
-Shinji denies and doesn't care. Then he goes to roof top of the temple to angst.
-Shinji tries suicide by jumping off from the roof top.
-But then Kensuke, Toji, Hikari and their 10 year old child arrive to stop Shinji.(YES, Toji's, Kensuke's, and Hikari's child.)
-They talk some complicated philosophy to convince Shinji and he stops self-harming things. He then learns to love everyone and himself.
-Later they have a dinner at the temple, and suddenly Asuka takes Shinji to her bedroom and they have sex. (Asuka does this so that she could comfort him.)
-Then we have 30min character develop. ect. things happen at the temple.
-At night Shinji and ReiQ perform uber complicated SEX ritual. (More complicated than the one in EoE)
-When they do this ReiQ transforms to Lilith.
-Then They use her power to teleport Shinji and ReiQ to Eva-01, and it transforms to ultimate cool looking eva with wings ect. And it is free from Willes control.(ReiQ also fuses with Eva-01 core.)
-Meanwhile, Gendo is going to use key to nebu to activate Eva-13. But then Kozo uses THE pistol to kill Gendo. (Not a single bullet whatsoever was used.)
-KOZO IS THE FINAL VILLIAN!!!!!!! (what a twist)
-Kozo uses Gendo's body to fuse it with Eva-13 somehow to make him the control system similiar to Yui in Eva-01.
-Gendo says before dying that everything has gone according to his plans.
-Kozo gets to Eva-13's entry plug and uses the key to nebu to activate it.
-Then he fuses the spears of Longinus to Eva-13, and it also transforms, he says that it is time to get both cassius spears.(He finds them and fuses them also with Eva-13)
-At the temple they notice that almost destroyed Wunder has attacked to the temple where Kaji and the others are.
-Misato feels super betrayed and goes personally after Kaji.
-(When unit-01 activated again many people were killed: Maya, Makoto, Shigeru. Ritsuko hangs herself afterwards(off-screen) because the Wunder was destroyed.)
-Then Misato and Kaji have this crazy epic fist fight in a place where is lava and shit.
-Kaji manages to kill Misato, but then he suddenly jumps to lava.
-He says that his life purpose is gone now. (THIS IS NEVER EXPLAINED.)
-The whole temple explodes, Toji and the others die, except Asuka who manages to escape death.
-Asuka rips her eye patch to reveal her angelic eye while there are explosions behind her.
-Then she transforms to 14th angel known as Yerquiel, and flies away.
-Mari suddenly appears with Eva-02+08 and reveals that she's a evil Asuka from parallel universe and that Eva-02+08 is an Adam's vessel. Plus, she wants to destroy the world with dark green MP evas. (she has taken control of them from Gendo)
-Asuka and Mari have this ultimate battle in space that destroys planets and suns. (DBZ style of course.)
-Asuka dies with Mari when she activates 5th impact in space.
-Shinji turns his wimp mode off, and he is now as badass as Simon from TTGL.
-He begins fighting against Kozo.
-Their fight destroys the earth.
-Then Kozo activates 6th impact to kill Shinji, but then Shinji activates 7th impact to negate his death!
-The battle between them goes to galactic scale: SUPER MEGA KOZOGENDOKAWORU Eva-13¤¤¤¤ *versus* Uber ultimate SHINJIYUIREI+2/666/Lilith.
-Then Kozo absorbs the Eva-13 and becomes super powerful, Shinji does this as well. (they are now normal human sized beings.)
-The fight goes on for 2 hours.
-At the end Gendo's hand comes out from Kozo's stomach and throws the Key to nebu to Shinji.
-Then Kozo screams that he only wanted to destory the universe.
-Shinji understand Kozo,(?!) and he activates the key.
-Then Shinji is inside of his mind, and people close to him (Kaworu, Asuka, Yui, Gendo, Rei ect.) Question him that does he really want to create a new happier universe for everyone. (Duh...?)
-Shinji nods and creates 8th impact universal scale.
-Then Shinji says that he has finally found happiness. (?????)
-Few years later everyone at earth is happy. Shinji, Rei and Asuka(!!!!)
get married. (Shinji has two my waifus now.)
-Toji lives happily with Hikari as emperor and empress. (Kensuke as their personal bitch.)
-Misato and Kaji join world champion boxing league, and they have a kid named Dr. Misato's dad who is A.K.A: Hideaki Anno.
-Ritsuko becomes a prostitute.
-Maya becomes Ritsuko's stalker.
-And the rest....? They all work at Mcdonald's.
THE END.
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:14 am, edited 11 times in total.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:17 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:
SPOILER: Show
My prediction of 4.0:
-The movie begins with Asuka, Shinji and Rei arriving to a place "where Lilin are."
-They meet up with Kaji who is the leader of Wille in some kind of golden temple place in the middle of the red desert.(+ he's a Gigolo)
-Kaji suggest to have a ritual with Rei.
-Kaji says that the fate of the world lies within this ritual between Shinji and Rei.
-Shinji denies and doesn't care. Then he goes to roof top of the temple to angst.
-Shinji tries suicide by jumping off from the roof top.
-But then Kensuke, Toji, Hikari and their 10 year old child arrive to stop Shinji.(YES, Toji's,Kensukes, and Hikari's child.)
-Then they talk some complicated philosophy to Shinji and he stops self-harming things. He then learns to love everyone and himself.
-Later they have a dinner at the temple, and suddenly Asuka takes Shinji to her bedroom and they have sex. (Asuka does this so that she could comfort him.)
-Then we have 30min character develop. ect. things happen at the temple.
-At night Shinji and ReiQ perform uber complicated SEX ritual. (More complicated than the one in EoE)
-When they do this ReiQ transforms to Lilith.
-Then They use her power to teleport Shinji and ReiQ to Eva-01, and it transforms to ultimate cool looking eva with wings ect. And it is free from Willes control.
-Meanwhile, Gendo is going to use key to nebu to activate Eva-13. But then Kozo uses THE pistol to kill Gendo. (No bullets whatsoever.)
-KOZO IS THE FINAL VILLIAN!!!!!!! (what a twist)
-Kozo uses Gendo's body to fuse it with Eva-13 somehow to make him the control system similiar to Yui in Eva-01.
-Gendo says before dying that everything has gone according to his plans.
-Kozo gets to Eva-13's entry plug and uses the key to nebu to start Eva-13.
-Then he fuses the spears of Longinus to Eva-13, and it also transforms, he says that it is time to get both cassius spears.(He finds them and fuses them also with Eva-13)
-At the temple they notice that almost destroyed Wunder has attacked to the temple where Kaji and the others are.
-Misato feels super betrayed and goes personally after Kaji.
-(When unit-01 activated again many people were killed: Maya, Makoto, Shigeru. Ritsuko hangs herself afterwards(off-screen) because the Wunder was destroyed.)
-Then Misato and Kaji have this crazy epic fist fight in a place where is lava and shit.
-Kaji manages to kill Misato, but then suddenly he jumps to lava.
-He says that his purpose has gone now for some reason. (THIS IS NEVER EXPLAINED.)
-The whole temple explodes, Toji and the others die, except Asuka who manages to escape death.
-Asuka rips her eye patch to reveal her angelic eye while there are explosions behind her.
-Then she transforms to 14th angel known as Yerquiel. And flies away.
-Mari suddenly appears with Eva-02+08 and reveals that she's a evil Asuka from parallel universe and that Eva-02+08 is an Adam's vessel, and she wants to destroy the world with dark green Eva.Mark 06 like evas. (she has taken control of them from Gendo)
-Asuka and Mari have this ultimate battle in space that destroys planets and suns. (DBZ style of course.)
-Asuka dies with Mari when Asuka activates 5th impact in space.
-Shinji is now as badass as Simon from TTGL, goes agains Kozo.
-Their fight destroys the earth.
-Then Kozo activates 6th impact to destroy Shinji, but then Shinji activates 7th impact.
-The battle between them goes to galactic scale: Super mega KozoGendoKaworu Eva-13¤¤¤¤ versus Uber ultimate ShinjiYuiRei+2/666/Lilith.
-Then Kozo absorbs the Eva-13 and becomes super powerful, Shinji does this as well. (they are now normal human sized beings.)
-The fight goes on for 2 hours.
-At the end Gendo's hand comes out from inside of Kozo's stomach and throws the Key to nebu to Shinji.
-Then Kozo screams that he only wanted to destory the universe.
-Shinji understand Kozo, and he activates the key.
-Then Shinji is inside of his mind, and people close to him (Kaworu, Asuka, Yui, Gendo, Rei ect.) Question him that does he really want to create a new happier universe to everyone. (Duh...?)
-Shinji nods and creates 8th impact universal scale.
-Then Shinji says that he has finally found happiness. (?????)
-Few years later everyone at earth is happy. Shinji, Rei and Asuka(!!!!)
get married. (Shinji has two my waifus now.)
-Toji lives happily with Hikari as emperor and empress. (Kensuke as their personal bitch.)
-Misato and Kaji join world champion boxing league, and they have a kid named Dr. Misato's dad who is A.K.A: Hideaki Anno.
-Ritsuko becomes a prostitute.
-Maya becomes a Ritsuko stalker.
-And the rest....? They all work at Mcdonald's.

:|

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby one-eyed » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:31 pm

:lol: Giji Shinka, if God exists, that He bless you infinitely. I really was in need of a good laugh to exorcise Eva Q of my head. Now I can return to my normal state and live again. From my heart, I thank you!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”