What anime are you watching right now? May-Nov '13

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:30 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:This would really suck. It never struck me as something to end on such a bleak note, which is a shame, because I've really liked it thus far.

This show is frustrating.

Setup's been there from day one, unfortunately. At this point it's just a matter of how much he'll mess with his enemies before it happens.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:57 pm

You've instilled in me newfound dread. I'll try my hardest to enjoy these last 3 episodes.
Last edited by caragnafog dog on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:01 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:You've instilled in me newfound dread. I'll try my hardest to enjoy these last 3 episodes as much as I can.

If it helps my predictions are usually wrong, as I'm rather notoriously bad at understanding things until after the fact.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Somebody's going to get boiled, at any rate. Would be nice if it were Ebisugawa, but that's wishful thinking.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Blood Lad is over :sniffle:

Well, I had fun, plenty of it, even if the finale was inconclusive. Obviously they planned for a second season, I just hope it was successful enough to merit it (does anyone know where I can check the TV ratings in Japan?).

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:56 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Blood Lad is over :sniffle:

Well, I had fun, plenty of it, even if the finale was inconclusive. Obviously they planned for a second season, I just hope it was successful enough to merit it (does anyone know where I can check the TV ratings in Japan?).
Brains Base doesn't do second seasons. Too bad, I liked it too. I think there's going to be an OVA though.

I forgot to post about something I actually watched quite a while ago: Humanity has Declined. This show was wonderful, the MC was refreshingly sharp and cynical, the world was cool, and I loved the visual style. A travesty that there'll probably be no S2 or translations of the novels.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:57 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote: (does anyone know where I can check the TV ratings in Japan?).

If anything check how much the blurays sold that's usually the indicator if it will get another season or not
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:06 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Blood Lad is over :sniffle:

I am sick to death of anime that don't have proper endings. FINISH THE DAMN STORY OR DON'T BOTHER DOING IT. Such a fucking waste of time . . .

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Since it was based on a manga they had to cut the story at some point, thoug they probably could have chosen a better point that wouldn't leave it so open ended. The show was unusually short though (10 episodes only) so maybe they just didn't have the budget to do more, or maybe the OVA will bring a more conclusive end to the story, we'll see.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:14 pm

That does cut down on what people can adapt though. Manga and LNs run for years.

I understand the sentiment though, really annoying when something I like gets cut off for no good reason.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Finally caught up on C3. I said it before, but it bears repeating: it's just airsoft, man! Yura's approach to this is frankly bizarre. She already has acceptance, why is she driving herself nuts?

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 pm

I may be wrong, but I think the reason for Yura's actions is that she believes that their acceptance of her is only temporary, that unless she did something grand, the others will eventually ignore her and things will go back to they way they were for her when she was in middle school. She first believed this to be the case when the rest of the girls, especially Sonora, were dissapointed with her when they lost against Meisei. Yura thinks the reason is that they lost the game while the real reason was that she gave up while she could still fight, even though it would still mean they would most likely lose. She learned the wrong lesson from that event and it mutated from there.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:27 pm

Went to the first meeting of the Oushi Anime Club at USF. Yes, the ones THAT DIDN'T KNOW Ayanami.

We watched the first episodes of the following:
Danganronpa
Blood Lad
Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Valverave
Inu to Hasami Wa

Blood Lad, Valverave, and Danganronpa were voted to be the three we watch.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:58 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:There's this Thad guy...

Pffhahahahaha.

Spent two out of the last three nights streaming Idolm@stah. After having seen 18 episodes now, I feel comfortable saying Makoto is, in my opinion, best grill. I'd treat her like the princess she wants to be ;_;
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:13 pm

The first night I went to Animated Perspectives (SBU's anime club), they put on the first few episodes of Ouran High School Host Club. They started out with the dub, but thankfully switched to the sub within a few minutes.

The next day, we watched episode 8 of RWBY, and then they put on some Beelzebub while I was in another area playing SSBM.

I like this club. I like it a lot.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Quiddity
Lilith

Postby Quiddity » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Rewatching Eva (which is why I've returned to the forum, at least temporarily), only got the final 2 episodes and the 90's movies left (have also recently watched Rebuild 1 & 2)

Also working my way through Gundam X and Southern Cross for the first time. Still fairly early in X, about halfway through Southern Cross.
"Quiddity is the sea. And in it are islands, called the Ephemeris. Three dips in the dream-sea. Any less, and we'd be insane. Any more and we wouldn't be human"

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:15 pm

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:Teekyu season 2 – is just as awful as it always was. I hope that never change

That show is like "cute girls doing un-cute things" but that's why it's hilarious like the first season was.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 pm

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:
    Some day, I will find someone else who appreciates School Days, and we will make babies.

Well, to be fair there some elements of the show that i found interesting (Makoto and Sekai's dynamic/relationship throughout most of the series -right up until it all goes axcrazy- is the one thing i remember the most) and the story did manage to emotionally move me once in a while in a non-frustration manner.

Kinda wanted to include that in my "review", but School Days does indeed have a few noticeable elements within the sea of mediocrity. That said i admit i am surprised at the fact someone apparently likes School Days in general.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:21 am

I saw the first episode of Macross 7 a few days ago and while I love the Fire Bomber tunes, I am more than somewhat confused at how Basara who supposedly has no military training can easily pilot a weird oni looking Valkyrie which was carefully hidden God knows when. :|
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:28 am

I finished all the Dirty Pair OVAs + Project Eden. Great stuff, glad I watched all of it. Except for Flash. I couldn't find Flash.

I started Planetes and the only impression I have so far is that the OST is really cool.

Return to “Old Stickies”