What anime are you watching right now? May-Nov '13

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

Postby moonwolf2024 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:52 am

Started watching Devil Survivor 2. I'm up to episode 6 now. I haven't played this particular game, but i'm enjoying the show so far. It's definitly different from the Megumi Tensei's I've played. I'll give a better synopsis once i catch up to this weeks episode.
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:51 am

View Original PostDream wrote:The climax scene of the film left me on the edge on the seat during the last 20 minutes or so of the film and it's quite likely the greatest highlight of the whole thing, possibly perfect in every aspect.

I haven't watched Jo in ages but the image of Eva-01 lifting the cannon has stuck with me to this day, and is the crowning moment I recall when I think of the film.
Really beautiful, i honestly have no idea why i haven't watched Rebuild before.

Why'd it take this long?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:27 am

View Original PostDream wrote:Really beautiful, i honestly have no idea why i haven't watched Rebuild before.

You are very late to this party.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:19 am

I had to watch one anime series to ease my stress from the studies. :D

So my medicine was Baccano!

Underrated masterpiece that has everything, for me: superb characters, "complex" story, and different settings compared to the typical modern day anime's.

And DAT JAZZ.

15/10 and Asuka approves sticker. :asuka_thumbsup:

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:53 am

G Gundam was pretty okay, I don't really have much to say about it. Watching Macross Zero now and Turn A after that.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:06 am

View Original PostDream wrote:Really beautiful, i honestly have no idea why i haven't watched Rebuild before.

Don't worry Dream, you're not the only one.
I didn't watch New Theatrical Edition until early last year, and I've been Eva obsessed since seeing it for the first time back in the late 90s...

Don't know how that happened, hehe.

:chinscratch:

Anyway, I look forward to your thoughts on 2.0 and Q.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:40 am

Okay, I know I post in here a lot, but I juggle series' a lot.

I like to live dangerously.

I've started on Uchuu Kyodai (or Space Brothers). It's really good. The animation is excellent, and it blends the best of drama and comedy. The story is that of a man who, as a child, aspired to be an astronaut with his younger brother. The younger brother make his dream a reality, but the old brother does not. After getting fired from his job and blacklisted from the industry, the older brother decides to become an astronaut, too.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:27 am

View Original PostDream wrote:I just watched Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11 "You are (not) Alone".
[...]
Really beautiful, i honestly have no idea why i haven't watched Rebuild before.

I know this rather good forum you can discuss it in... :wink:
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Only problem, really, with Space Brothers is that it moves really, really slowly. Especially later on, when there's mini recaps in every episode, even in recap episodes. Still a good show, at least as a week-to-week watcher.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Go watch the rest of them. Each film is more beautiful than the last. :lol: I look forward to seeing what you think of them!

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:03 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Each film is more beautiful than the last.

you can say that again, Nuclear-san; i am especially fond of 3.0 and its piano sequence - dunno why but it just struck a chord with me :pwnd:

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Am I the only one here watching Majestic Prince? :uhh:

"I wanna be a hero"

That Gundam Seed animation :lol:
*sigh* just kill me already.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Finished Macross Zero. It was pretty, and Sara's song was very nice. I did not care for the CGI at all.

I started Turn A Gundam and I love it.

I also started Valvrave again. It's still awful and Shoko is still the best because space makes autism kawaii.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

schwarzstahlhelm1993
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby schwarzstahlhelm1993 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:46 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Am I the only one here watching Majestic Prince? :uhh:

"I wanna be a hero"

Nope.

I'm loving it. It's gotten progressively better by the episode. It's the only of the three that I'm really looking forward and feels like a real mecha show.

SPOILER: Show
Rin is best girl.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:32 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:It's still awful and Shoko is still the best because space makes autism kawaii.
HERESY! HERESY I SAY!
Last edited by Redtophat on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

schwarzstahlhelm1993
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby schwarzstahlhelm1993 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:34 am

JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:44 am

View Original Postschwarzstahlhelm1993 wrote:JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS
YOLO!

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:51 am

TOPIC.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:20 am

View Original Postschwarzstahlhelm1993 wrote:Nope.

I'm loving it. It's gotten progressively better by the episode. It's the only of the three that I'm really looking forward and feels like a real mecha show.

Right? I like Gargantia and Valvrave is ok, but I'm actually enjoying MJP more than both of them, I like how team rabbit started off as the fail five.

SPOILER: Show
Rin is best girl.

Rin and them lollipops :heart:.
I like Kei, her mech has a unique role and Tamaki is annoying but she has that Gainax bounce :lol:.
*sigh* just kill me already.

sephiros
Lilith

Postby sephiros » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:03 am

I haven't watched much since I got back from college, I have a really inconsistent internet connection with a slow download.
View Original PostDream wrote: The climax scene of the film left me on the edge on the seat during the last 20 minutes or so of the film and it's quite likely the greatest highlight of the whole thing, possibly perfect in every aspect.

I gotta say, the end of 1.11 is probably why I went and watched the rest of the series. I had never heard of Evangelion before, but happened to see 1.11 when they played it on Toonami. The tension and everything else during the last 20 minutes or so is why I had to watch 2.22 online the next day, which led to me watching everything else over two days.
Godzilla never had an AT Field!!
You dumbass, what the hell else do you think I'm talking about? We're gonna combine!!
If the demon is truly big, then we are no match for it. It's irrational. It's impossible. It's against my religion.
Your victory was a Deus Ex Machina, ergo that cake is a lie!

Return to “Old Stickies”