3.0 Next Time Preview

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Noriko is my wife
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Noriko is my wife » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:29 pm

It's definitely Miyazaki next to him. I tried google to find more images and found this where Suzuki is also seen
http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-149.html

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:02 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:See, I always though Sadamoto based Gendo Ikari's design model somewhat on Hideaki Anno's appearance.

Gee, you think? :D

[URL=http://img254.imageshack.us/i/annogendo.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Gendo is obviously yet another Anno in the show. They're even exactly as long - 180 centimeters. And check out those glasses!

View Original PostNoriko is my wife wrote:It's definitely Miyazaki next to him. I tried google to find more images and found this where Suzuki is also seen
http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-149.html

Damn Miyazaki looks so alien without that grey beard of his. I wasn't sure if it was Suzuki or Miyazaki but facial hair of guy reminded me more of Suzuki :lol:

or well, Miyazaki DOES have that beard but it was so shadowed I thought it was black :lol:

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Damn, the resemblance is freaky...explains a lot doesn't it?
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:57 am

Guys, this is about the 3.0 PREVIEW, not pilot/Eva unit speculation. Latest discussion split here: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=7430
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sik
Embryo

3.0 Preview: KEEP OUT signs.

•      
  •      

Postby Sik » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:28 am

Merged with existing 3.0 preview topic

Hello, this is my first thread, I hope theres nothing wrong with it :). I wanted to comment about the Keep Out signs at the end of the 2.0 movie (3.0 preview).

KEEP OUT: Eva01-Restricted Area, No entry beyond this point

KEEP OUT: TokyoIII-Near Third Impact, Ground Zero

KEEP OUT: Near Third Impact Eyewithness, Debriefing in progress, No entry without authority

KEEP OUT: Lilith preservation site, Access strictly restricted

KEEP OUT: Eva08-Construction Area, No unauthorized entry allowed

KEEP OUT: Seele Children's Assembly in Session, Do not enter

KEEP OUT: Private conference between Mari Makinami Illustrious & --------, Do not enter

So, some of these are kind of obvious, but the last 2, what do you think about it, I mean, Seele Children's? any supposition?
The Beast!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Re: 3.0 Preview: KEEP OUT signs.

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:47 am

So, some of these are kind of obvious, but the last 2, what do you think about it, I mean, Seele Children's? any supposition?[/quote]
Seeng as the text accompaining it says "Those children chosen by fate assemble" and we get Kaworu standing in front of four Silhouettes (If you look closely, all but the one on the far left are wearing skirts), this means all five pilots meet. (Can't wait for that!)
"SEELE" because they are the one who orchestrate the fulfillment of the prophecy, or they might even organize the meeting itself, but I tend towards the former.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: 3.0 Preview: KEEP OUT signs.

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:07 am

View Original PostSik wrote:I mean, Seele Children's? any supposition?

Since I can't find the post of Reichu's that had it, here:

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Actually, according to the storyboards for the Q Next Time Preview (Reichu mentions this), the 4 silhouettes with Kaworu are those 4 Reis (the -_- looking RiAO with those three little Rei-01s).

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Are you sure that part from the storyboard wasn't meant to be what they originally planned the "four Reis standing close together" pic to be like, rather than being related to the silhouette pic?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:24 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Are you sure that part from the storyboard wasn't meant to be what they originally planned the "four Reis standing close together" pic to be like, rather than being related to the silhouette pic?

The storyboarded version is a bit different, though it still has the silhouetted versions of Kaworu and four other figures (here specified to be four Reis, with three being "around 6~10 years old"), with most of the space in the frame occupied by a large symbol. Oh, who am I kidding, a picture says a 1001 words.

vs.

Despite all the changes, one of the shadows is still longer/bigger than the others.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:58 am

Yes, but does that storyboard have a version of the four Reis stzanding together (the one where thery are clearly recocnizable as such)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:23 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:And then again, think of the trailer from 1.11. It would be easier to count the scenes that DID make it into the actual movie...

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Sounds like 3.0 is going to be Attack of the Ayanamis!

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Think of the 2.X previev - It promised us Leliel (Or at least Misato slapping Ritsuko), showed us Asuka in a pose we never saw her in, a way slimmer EVA 06 and a Mari with smaller sidebanngs and a darker eyecolor...

The 2.0 Preview really was a mockup, it's best to consider the 3.0 Preview in the same manner. Until we get a trailer/poster with ambiguous "this is the plot" text, we simply have no way of knowing what's going to make it into the final product and what's not.

This thread is handy for 2.0 Preview-versus-Film differences: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=9233

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:04 am

Then again, 1.0 including the trailer was created before Anno decided to overhaul the plot... maybe he DOES know where to go with the plot now - and the events that were announced by spoken text rather than pictures DID happen, so we might get an "assembly of the fated children" *wants to see all five of them in a room BADLY*

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:27 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Yes, but does that storyboard have a version of the four Reis stzanding together (the one where thery are clearly recocnizable as such)

Yes. It's unchanged from the final version.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:36 pm

Oh. In this case, these being Reis has become the likeliest option.

Now, the big question is: How is "assembly of the fated children" related to Reis?

Sik
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sik » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Mmmm well it doesnt, maybe the storyboard was indicating the drawers to make "Rei-like" shadows? you know.. skinny-tall-short haired ?

The most probably is that we'll see the pilots

OR

Maybe the guys inside the 4 coffings we saw in 1.11 (coffins in the moon) since there were 4 open coffins.. 5th was Kaworu.. do you guys have theories about those coffins? (kinda new on the forum). Maybe "quickening" reffers to the 6th coffin too.. =o! Maybe all pilots were inside! yehaay!
The Beast!

Kevin
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kevin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Seeing Kaji holding a Gun makes me wonder if he is going to die again. I don't hope so.
It all returns to nothing

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:46 pm

View Original PostKevin wrote:Seeing Kaji holding a Gun makes me wonder if he is going to die again. I don't hope so.

He hasn't done enough in the story yet to merit himself as a martyr, but the gun does certainly suggest that he will become more involved soon, so he may very well receive his death yet. His death was perfect in NGE, and I expect nothing less from NTE.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:He hasn't done enough in the story yet to merit himself as a martyr, but the gun does certainly suggest that he will become more involved soon, so he may very well receive his death yet. His death was perfect in NGE, and I expect nothing less from NTE.

It's pretty much up in the air - he might as well shoot first this time.
Rei II survived, so which characters will die and which will live is not set in stone anymore - clever, clever move of them to get us biting our nails all over again.
I don't think Kaji's death scene will be unchanged, tough. If it is there, there will be some sort of twist, for better or for worse.

....Kaworu is probably still doomed, tough :(
He's too big a support for our heroes, the plot demands they prove themselves. I guess his Death will be the big climax at the end of 3.0 - at the end, because they'll need the rest of the movie to make the newcommers care about him.

Kevin
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kevin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:18 pm

It would be pretty awesome, if Kaji shoots first and his "Assassin" would be someone from SEELE.
It all returns to nothing

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:22 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Rei II survived

This isn't really confirmed yet. And even if so, we haven't reached the point in the series when she was supposed to die.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”