3.0 Next Time Preview

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:08 pm

GasmaskAvenger wrote:
wonderluster wrote:And Mari looks pretty serious, takin her glasses off and whatnaught

lets not forget that she appears to be naked as well

Bare skin from the shoulders up != being naked.

Though it's a possibility yes.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:19 pm

we all know that quite a few characters have stripped down to their birthday suit in the original series/EoE, so its a very strong possibility that Mari is, without a doubt, going to get naked in 3.0
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:50 pm

On that subject, it remains to be seen whether Anno/Khara will continue the Gainax tradition of mecha show => nipples (as enunciated in respect of Lagann Hen by one of the current staff). Maybe it will be Mari selected for that role.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Image

Yup, new plug suit. In addition to the modified collar it also looks like the plug suit has a darker shade of red but this is from the cam-rip so we can't say for sure about that it is a darker shade.

I wish there was a DVD rip already. =_=
EDIT:
Mad wrote:EDIT: THIS IS NOT A DOUBLE POST. The PRPD's previous post evaporated.

Yeah, I deleted it. I decided to get screen caps and to see if there was a difference instead of asking.

Well not to dash down ideas or anything, just saying, we all had an initial idea as to what Unit 06 would look like from the preview.....Totally different design...For all we know, they could just change Asuka's plugsuit colour to yellow..
On the path to Universal Understanding.

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby CtHuLhU » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:35 am

I made the template for this text:
Private Conference Between
Mari Makinami Illustrious & [*****]
Do Not Enter

http://www.mediafire.com/?kjatnkumi2y

Try to find out what they're hiding. As you can see ADAMS, LILITH or SEELE is no good.
But "SELEET" is OK :)
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:42 am

"Asuka" or "Ikari" (as in Gendo. I doubt Yui or Shinji.) fits... Though visually, it looks like Mari's in the same surroundings as the Rei clones(?).

I'm trying not to be too concerned with the Q preview since 1.xx had its own mock-up preview of 2.0... We really don't know what will be included and what won't in the actual film (although it's safe to assume the very bare-bones of Episode 20 up to...whenever).

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:14 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:"Asuka" or "Ikari" (as in Gendo. I doubt Yui or Shinji.) fits...
Eh? Neither fits.

But, holy crap, "Reichu" fits perfectly. Seriously, try it with the template. It's a perfect fit. As is "Gainax".
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:41 am

View Original Postwonderluster wrote:Well not to dash down ideas or anything, just saying, we all had an initial idea as to what Unit 06 would look like from the preview.....Totally different design...

Eva-05 was the one that changed, and the biggest change had to do with the removal of one of the lances. The overall design remains remarkably similar, even from what little you can see in the old promo. Eva-06's design changes were far more minor from what I recall. Yellow plugsuit and Asuka? No, that's not the sort of thing Anno would want to do. That would butcher her character even more than the infamous surname change.

NAW: I suspect it's Gendo, since he'd have good reason to ask her about her surprise intrusion in the battle, and how she managed to hijack Eva-02.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:50 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:I suspect it's Gendo, since he'd have good reason to ask her about her surprise intrusion in the battle, and how she managed to hijack Eva-02.
But that doesn't fit the template... though for that to matter one must assume inerrancy on the part of CtHuLhU.

Also, wouldn't they write out Gendo's full name if they write out Mari's?

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:19 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:On that subject, it remains to be seen whether Anno/Khara will continue the Gainax tradition of mecha show => nipples (as enunciated in respect of Lagann Hen by one of the current staff). Maybe it will be Mari selected for that role.

There were already Rei tits in the first one.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Perhaps this conference is between Mari and her mysterious employers who Kaji might be working for as well? Would explain why it's whited out.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:10 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:There were already Rei tits in the first one.
And the second one. On Zeruel, even.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:26 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Also, wouldn't they write out Gendo's full name if they write out Mari's?

It might also be an organization. For instance, Mari Illustrious Makinami and Seele.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm not talking about the template, just that there are 5 *s in the post. Asuka and Ikari, being 5 letters, fit. And FYI, Gendo's just called "Ikari" in the NGE scripts (I'm guessing 1.0/2.0 as well).

If it really could be Gendo or Asuka, my money's on Gendo. Trying to half-intimidate, half-gain Mari's interest (and in the process, get Ms. l33t spy to spill the beans on WTF she works for!) by showing Mari the Rei-clones, maybe?

Kuma: Seele works too, given Nerv's lockdown!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:14 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Kuma: Seele works too, given Nerv's lockdown!

KEEL:
We would like for things to proceed smoothly.
We do not wish to subject you to any more degradation and suffering.

(Mari takes off her glasses and glares at the 01 monolith.)

MARI:
Suck it, old man.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:21 am

Sadly I could see that unfolding. :lol: (But Mari could be a Seele spy. Sorry, Kaji. You lack tits.)

Why are Mari & Rei-tachi in a similar enviroment? :dizzy: I don't see how it'd work unless she's doing some spy-work and found the clones(?) (and/or killed them) or if my Gendo scenario happened... Or a mindfuck.

With Asuka, I wonder if there are more nasty surprises (injuries) beside the eyepatch...

AUGH! Knowing if this preview is just a mock-up or the real deal would help me keep my sig in mind!

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:44 am

View Original PostJoeD80 wrote:Perhaps this conference is between Mari and her mysterious employers who Kaji might be working for as well? Would explain why it's whited out.

Stop being reasonable. That's just boring. She is conversing with Manitu (it fits, though it should be spelled Manitou, but it's in Algonquian-rish), the Great Spirit. Mari is the last of the Mohicans.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:50 am

Well, since Kaji and Kaworu work for Seele, Mari COULD too...

But 3 people having their own goals while working for the same place seriously sounds...forced. >_>

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:56 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Well, since Kaji and Kaworu work for Seele, Mari COULD too...

But Kaji is a quadruple agent. I'm pretty sure that there is some myterious organization we have yet to see.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:15 am

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:I'm pretty sure that there is some myterious organization we have yet to see.

What? The IPEA?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”