Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Shin Eva leak general

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:40 am

View Original PostRaikyu wrote:Now I just remembered, if Asuka is a clone how can she survive without being in a LCL tube?

Why does the Ayanami series constantly require the LCL bath, but the Shikinami series does not?

She is probably more advanced clone, early Ayanami series clones like Rei 2 and 6 need LCL tube.
Asuka being more advanced clone is also shown in other aspects, for example, she is the 2nd child, while Ayanami is the first, her Eva-02 is official type while Eva-00 is prototype.
Or maybe because Rei is connected to Lilith she needs LCL.
Lilith was pretty much dead in 3.0 and maybe in 1.0 too, so that might explain why Rei is so fragile.
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:53 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:
View Original PostRaikyu#914588 wrote:Now I just remembered, if Asuka is a clone how can she survive without being in a LCL tube?

Why does the Ayanami series constantly require the LCL bath, but the Shikinami series does not?

She is probably more advanced clone, early Ayanami series clones like Rei 2 and 6 need LCL tube.
Asuka being more advanced clone is also shown in other aspects, for example, she is the 2nd child, while Ayanami is the first, her Eva-02 is official type while Eva-00 is prototype.
Or maybe because Rei is connected to Lilith she needs LCL.

until a book comes explaining i wont even bother formulating theories, there is nothing to even hold on to. i mean think of it, gendo says he made them to fullfill instrumentality.....so either he 5d chess about both girls geting Shinji into the robot, or they themself were required for instrumentality.

was Misato aware ? problably not before Q, so what would happen had near third impact not happened.......they would have the teenagers never growing ?
or is the not growing caused by going over the limit of sync ratio....did Rei actually grow up like in the series or was she made already a teenager....was Asuka already grown into a teenager ? we dont know.
ANATA BAKA !?

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby JuanSorel » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:57 am

There is a lot implied. That is all we are going to get. Thank God.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:59 am

It's just very crazy Rei 01 is Unit 00 resident soul and Asuka's original (likely Asuka 01) is the resident soul of Unit 02, guess the resident soul of Unit 08 is another Asuka clone since it's a production type. (I have read somewhere Shikinami is perfected clone version, thus she doesn't need bathing in LCL)
Although there's already lots of information to be revealed in the movie I'm quite sad the Adams stuff simply got overshadowed, what's happening with the Adams Vessels and 4 Adams? Also, they're RECYCLING EOE Third Impact stuff, the same shot with 01 and Spear of Longinus happen in both NGE and EoE when the spear comes flying from the Moon.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:16 am

View Original PostRaikyu wrote:Why does the Ayanami series constantly require the LCL bath, but the Shikinami series does not?

In the beginning of the movie, Asuka says that the Ayanami series was designed to be close to the Third Child. Later on, Fuyutsuki comments on Rei VI's death by suggesting that Gendo wanted Shinji to experience something similar to what he felt after losing Yui. So, maybe Gendo himself ordered Ayanami to be developed that way, or something.
It could also have something to do with technology, as you guys suggested. But I'm not sure. Shikinami does seem to be a more advanced and authentic clone. However, that could just be attributed to the source of her DNA. Besides that, 14 years have passed since HA. Why would Gendo choose to use a clone from the original Ayanami batch?
There are a lot of fun things to uncover here! Only after watching the movie we will get definitive answers.
Last edited by BernardoCairo on Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:42 am

At the end of 3.0, Asuka says Rei 6 is from the original Ayanami batch so it makes sense she has the same deficiencies as Rei II did. There is a more advanced Ayanami series mentioned.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:28 pm

What I don’t get is where did all of the Adams end up?
What is an adams vessel and how is it made? Is unit 13 the only Adam survived? Is 01 still a Lilith alterego/ clone?
And what about the Fuyu line that goes like “ the resurrection of the artificial Lilith?!?
Wow I don’t get sh*t
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

rilocay
Embryo

Postby rilocay » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:37 pm

Havn't posted here in years.

Saw the film in Imax yesterday and been having it sit with me, will try check it out again tomorrow.

Some food for thought that I've yet to see commented on. FYI my Japanese is so-so, there's bound to be some things i've missed.
Also note to those reading the fan translations - there's a lot of missing cultural context without seeing it irl. Stuff like how people use different words at different ages to refer to things - may not seem like much but it's all character development and may only hit those who get Japanese culture on a decent level (final scene especially uses this play with referencing to previous interactions).

Asuka: Totally a clone, but perhaps the most "refined" of them. They make a point to show other (child) Asuka clones failing in battle simulations and alluding to "retiring" them for lack of a better word.

Mari: For sure not a clone, and for sure is older than Shinji, and probably Gendo. She has a scene with Fuyutski where he's always referred to as Senpai and Gendo always as kun. This is either an age thing (likely) or also a work position thing (eg, your assistant or somoeone training under you, you would refer to as kun). I feel like it's more the age one considering Gendo's role within Nerv.

Kaji: In theory I get what happened, but to me it's glossed over too quick (as was much of events between 2.0/3.0).

Gendo: His face had me perplexed, even though I understand "Why". When you see it you''ll know why.

So much happens in the last end of the film but I gotta say the first 30 mins really has some amazing development and well thought out shots, unseen in anime in general let alone eva. Some Asuka/Shinji scenes that had me thinking they were cg - not in a bad way - the shots are quite intense and dynamic.

I'm glad about the ending. I kinda prefer EoE overall because I'm a bleak fucker, but it's nice to have this closure - being older these days I felt like Gendo/Shinji could have ended things differently and this addresses that nicely (though I do think his demise in EoE was deserving).
Anno seems to be in his right place.

illeffeqt
Embryo

Postby illeffeqt » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:40 pm

If Mari isn’t implied to be a clone through the Asuka revelation, there doesn’t seem to be any explanation for her age.
j.

rilocay
Embryo

Postby rilocay » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:40 pm

View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote:Is 01 still a Lilith alterego/ clone?
And what about the Fuyu line that goes like “ the resurrection of the artificial Lilith?!?

01 has the same role for the most part.

Due to events between 2.0/3.0 revealed to us, there was another "black" Lillith created by Nerv for the "Additional Impact".

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:21 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:At the end of 3.0, Asuka says Rei 6 is from the original Ayanami batch so it makes sense she has the same deficiencies as Rei II did. There is a more advanced Ayanami series mentioned.

Yeah, you're right!
Last edited by BernardoCairo on Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:54 pm

View Original Postrilocay wrote:Asuka: Totally a clone, but perhaps the most "refined" of them. They make a point to show other (child) Asuka clones failing in battle simulations and alluding to "retiring" them for lack of a better word.

So the various Rei are the first attempt at making clones who don't have the mental fortitude to cope with being clones whereas Asuka is just like "I'm a clone? Whatever, just give me an Eva to pilot and some giants beasts to smash"?
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

os189
Lilith

Postby os189 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:39 pm

View Original Postrilocay wrote:Havn't posted here in years.

Same here. I first registered in 2012 right after seeing 3.0 and not having a goddamn clue what I'd just seen.....then it looks like I stayed away until this week when I came here on Monday right after seeing 3.0 + 1.0.

This was a much better cinematic experience. It's just a better movie. 3.0 kinda sucked.

Anyway, I've been here all week but my excitement is dying down as the adrenaline wears off.

I think I'm gonna go fuck off again. I remember why I didn't stick around....all this endless nonstop theorizing about this or that tiny little detail, especially from people that are CONVINCED they're "right".....and 99.99% of them haven't even seen the movie yet!

You'd think by now people would have just accepted that Evangelion is surrealism and has been since day one. There is no plan. They literally make it up as they go. It's never all going to "fit" or make perfect sense. Just enjoy it...just go with it....stop trying to force it into a box it'll never fit in!

I also agree that this was a fun movie and had some amazing animation and sequences, but End of Evangelion is still tops. Giant Naked Rei in oddly realistic CGI ain't got nothing on the sheer horror of seeing her awkward movements the only hand-animated way. That look on Shinji's face where he sees her and completely loses what little is left of his mind? Priceless.

Well, Rebuild gave us 2.0 and I absolutely love that movie too. "Thrice" is third best of the theatrical Evangelion releases.

It was a hell of a ride, but I'm getting off here and getting back to reality.

Don't forget to buy or "acquire" the full soundtrack when it comes out....it's baller!!

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Jinroh » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:50 pm

I don't think anybody ever answered my question about giant Rei and why she's there. Lilith's body was destroyed in the previous movie... What is Rei's role here? Is giant Rei the Rei from the second movie? In EOE she was the fusion of Adam with Lilith's soul and body, what is she here and what's the point of her being featured in the movie?

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:41 pm

Has somebody a link to the interview to Asuka's seiyuu, were she said she wasn't happy with the Asuka/Kensouke thing?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby DantesInferno » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:23 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:At the end of 3.0, Asuka says Rei 6 is from the original Ayanami batch so it makes sense she has the same deficiencies as Rei II did. There is a more advanced Ayanami series mentioned.

It does not imply that Rei II was part of that original batch too, thoough. I always interpreted that line as “she is al older, primitive model”, likely one coming before the batch Rei II belonged to. The original Japanese 初期ロット literally means “initial period batch”; i.e. the first batch ever.

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby DantesInferno » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:24 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I don't think anybody ever answered my question about giant Rei and why she's there. Lilith's body was destroyed in the previous movie... What is Rei's role here? Is giant Rei the Rei from the second movie? In EOE she was the fusion of Adam with Lilith's soul and body, what is she here and what's the point of her being featured in the movie?

Just a thought: There had been some talk about “resurrecting Lilith” (sic) as part of Seele’s instrumentality plan, I think in the second movie?

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:42 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I don't think anybody ever answered my question about giant Rei and why she's there. Lilith's body was destroyed in the previous movie.?

I don't know how Lilith appears in the movie, but there is apparently red Rei/Lilith (similar to the one from the end of 2.0) and "Black Lilith" in the Minus space and it's somehow tied to "Imaginary Evangelion".

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:53 pm

View Original PostRaikyu wrote:Now I just remembered, if Asuka is a clone how can she survive without being in a LCL tube?

Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread or elsewhere, but I mused that it might have something to do with Ayanami's relationship to Yui (not sure if confirmed in the universe of NTE) and Asuka just being a general, garden-variety clone.

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:It certainly seems possible. She could be something else entirely too since she seems like she's a lot older than the other pilots (with the possible exception of this Kaworu). Her name might even be an alias since Fuyutsuki calls her Maria Iscariot/Maria of Iscariot. :???:

Fun fact: in Japanese, メアリー ("Mearii") is a more typical translation of "Mary", but biblical Mary, as in the Magdalene, is マリア ("Maria"). So he's not calling her Maria of Iscariot, he's calling her Mary Iscariot. Man's got some Rock Lee wrist weights on, cuz those are some heavy hands of symbolism.

BB2K
Embryo

Postby BB2K » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:01 pm

the giant Rei is the one from eoe

her eyes and hands are severed at the spots they fell off in eoe

you guys are focusing way too much on the lore details of a movie you havent even seen. it is so far from the point of the movie

it literally ends with the characters escaping all this dumb shit and just living a normal life

they literally say 'goodbye, all of evangelion'

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”