Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Shin Eva leak general

Postby BernardoCairo » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:38 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:from all i can get people ship too much, kensuke took care of Asuka....there doesnt seem to be a relationship, only that Asuka opened to him more in those 14 years.

While people are shipping, all I can think about is this:
SPOILER: Show

On a serious note, based upon what I heard from people who actually saw the movie, you are leaning towards the "right direction"! I haven't seen a single reliable source saying that their relationship has a "romantic" status. With that being said, they seem to be very close friends.
Last edited by BernardoCairo on Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:39 am

View Original PostDarknemo2000 wrote:It still doesnt change the fact that those characters share like zero screen time together. With such success I can pair up Asuka and Kermin the frog dammit. In fact such pairing would make even more sense than Kensuke and Asuka given Kermin is a puppet and that means he already shares more links with Asuka than Kensuke.

I've yet to see convincing proof that Asuka and Kensuke really are boning as opposed to him being a like a caretaker/guardian or emotional support that people are getting bent out of shape about because everything is filtered through shipping lenses. The fact that we have that scene of Kensuke in the mascot costume with the smaller Asuka leads me to believe it's more likely to be the latter.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:49 am

How long do you think it'll be until we get a camrip of the movie?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Big Ben
Embryo

Postby Big Ben » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:50 am

Does anyone know whether anything got explained regarding Eva mark 6 and The 4 Adams?

Zethus Thorne
Adam

Postby Zethus Thorne » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:52 am

View Original PostBig Ben wrote:Does anyone know whether anything got explained regarding Eva mark 6 and The 4 Adams?

I think nothing got answered, making that a plot hole

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:54 am

There's something relating to the Adams, but Reichu was having difficulty parsing the wording:
It's the Golgotha Object.
Someone who is not human left behind a divine world, here, using[?] the Adams along with the six spears.

Sounds like the Adams might have come from the Negative Universe, perhaps?
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:54 am

View Original PostBig Ben wrote:Does anyone know whether anything got explained regarding Eva mark 6 and The 4 Adams?

From my understanding the Mark 06 gets NOTHING; I'm still pissed he didn't even get concept art in the 3.0 booklet. He will forever be remembered as the joke of NTE and being the Mark 6 seconds of screentime. Khara did our boy dirty.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:56 am

It's pointed out in the Reddit thread but Misato has literally turned into Gendou. She ignores her own son due to the grief of losing the one she loves etc. The ending also gives me SSSS Gridman vibes, which itself felt like it had some of the same themes of Evangelion.

Also, why it obviously isn't as poignant as EoE, it's essentially a happier version of EoE as others have said. But, from my pov, doesn't this movie reaffirm the message of EoE? Because Anno made the choice to go on living even in his most depressive days, it allowed him to finally reach the point where he is in a much better place today. This film, as well as Godzilla and Ultraman, are the results of that. In that way, I think this story works as an excellent compliment to EoE.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:04 pm

Is there no hint of reconciliation between Misato and her son by the film's end?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:05 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:How long do you think it'll be until we get a camrip of the movie?

when it release in china.....no ones want to get detained in Japan, they can keep your ass in prision while they ïnvestigate" up to 8 months , no joke.
ANATA BAKA !?

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:12 pm

Lack of information on what happened between 2.0 and 3.0 is disappointing, to anyone that has seen the movie, does it feel that there is something more on that topic that was cut due to theaters and we might see extended version when the blu ray comes out?

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:13 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Is there no hint of reconciliation between Misato and her son by the film's end?

she died before impact so..dead as dead ?
ANATA BAKA !?

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:14 pm

No chance of returning ala EoE?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Velorex
Banned

Postby Velorex » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:16 pm

hmm
Last edited by Velorex on Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:16 pm

Someone's going to be staying up all hours fixing their code...

The barrier-free screening started on the first day, but the service has been temporarily suspended due to a problem with the "HELLO! MOVIE" app. Future plans will be announced on this website and SNS as soon as they are decided, so please wait for a while. We are very sorry to everyone who was looking forward to it.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:17 pm

@ Arcadia
Not unless they do a reset again, but that is very much in doubt, because Shinji is happy.
Last edited by ChaddyManPrime on Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Szmitten » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:17 pm

Wake me when we get caps of the Asuka/Mari nude scenes.

Keiji
Embryo

Postby Keiji » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:25 pm

View Original PostSzmitten wrote:Wake me when we get caps of the Asuka/Mari nude scenes.

There is a Mari's nude scene ?

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:30 pm

Do people agree that with the current world situation and the hype etc and the total craziness since release, khara should release this with subtitles sooner rather than later?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:33 pm

We can think what we like; they'll do as they wish. My inclination is to suppose there will be a (premium charged-for) streaming release, not immediately, but sooner rather than later. We have strong indications that some dubs at least are already complete and waiting.
Last edited by pwhodges on Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”