Camrip/BDRip & FanSub Status Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:16 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Actually, I think there's a guy trying to do just that. Still missing something like 60 minutes of footage though.

Is the quality of these rips anywhere near that of the 2.0 camrip? I could make do with that.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:55 am

@riffraff11235- It's not even close to the same quality/
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:03 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Actually, I think there's a guy trying to do just that. Still missing something like 60 minutes of footage though.

I've already got the existing camrips jigsawed together over the audio rip with trailer footage intercut in a Premiere file. It's kind of a fun way to get practice editing...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:31 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:@riffraff11235- It's not even close to the same quality/

Damn.... Here's hoping the full camrip will top it!
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

DeadClones
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DeadClones » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 pm

I feel like I'm really just doing more harm when I watch these things. I was lucky, because I only started watching rebuild after the second film was already on dvd. I had watched NGE in the years prior, but I was lucky to learn about the new movies late.

I only wonder what the wait for the first and second movies was like?
I used to really enjoy swimming pools... until I saw the pool of Rei clones get disintegrated.

Can I get that feature in my pool?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 pm

DeadClones wrote:I feel like I'm really just doing more harm when I watch these things. I was lucky, because I only started watching rebuild after the second film was already on dvd. I had watched NGE in the years prior, but I was lucky to learn about the new movies late.

It will be interested when the English DVD arrives, to see the reactions of ppl who didn't have prior warning. Maybe that'll leave them with different perceptions?

There were people whose perceptions/opinions really changes once the say the camrip, lots of things that come across through the visuals alone, according to those who saw it in Japanese...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:There were people whose perceptions/opinions really changes once the say the camrip, lots of things that come across through the visuals alone, according to those who saw it in Japanese...

The visuals do carry a lot of message, yes, but I found that the audio was useful. I am thanking myself for eight years of mainly self-taught Japanese.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:20 pm

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:The visuals do carry a lot of message, yes, but I found that the audio was useful. I am thanking myself for eight years of mainly self-taught Japanese.

Eight years? At your age? Kudos to you, miss! I've been trying to take in as much of the language as I can since I started watching anime three years ago, but I only started studying the language on my own a year ago.

On topic.... Well, not much to say, really. Still hoping for what would be the best Christmas present ever.
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

System Shocker
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby System Shocker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm

As I recall, the camrip for 2.0 actually came from outside of Japan when it aired in hong kong or something. Weren't there chinese or korean subtitles at the bottom of the screen? I was reading an article on Kotaku yesterday saying this police officer filmed an anime movie from several different angles in a movie theater and he was arrested http://kotaku.com/5968097/japanese-cop-arrested-for-illegally-filming-a-magical-girl-anime.

Copyright laws have gotten pretty strict in Japan, and I'm surprised there was even a full audio recording. It probably won't be recorded on a cam video until the movie gets released in other countries or region 5.

A few days ago I went to a local independant theater and the owner showed me his new NEC projector. It has a 2K resolution and he had the movie Skyfall in 4K resolution on a hard drive that said the size of the movie was 273 gigabytes. It had a SCSI connection on the back of it. Last year I tried to get him to play Evangelion 2 when they released it on bluray in the United States but his schedule was already booked too far.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:05 am

So I just thought I'd let you guys know, an essentially full camrip just came out this evening. It's missing the first 6 minutes, but we have the 6 minute preview, and apparently ~1min immediately after that, but it contains the entirety of the movie after that. Quality varies from "average" to "bad," depending on the scenes, but it is watchable.

There was an anon working on a "Frankenrip" using the various trailers and partial camrips, but now that this is out I presume he's going to use this. He was also adding subtitles. I don't know how many of you are interested in the camrip, and how many want to wait for the BD release, but if you are interested in the camrip be sure to say so and I'll point you in the right direction as soon as we get a subbed version. It's possible it could take a few days if he bails but with the rip out the hardest part is done, so it shouldn't be too long now.

Buckle your seat belts folks, the ride's just getting started.

Oenara
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Oenara » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:24 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:So I just thought I'd let you guys know, an essentially full camrip just came out this evening. It's missing the first 6 minutes, but we have the 6 minute preview, and apparently a minute or two immediately after that, but it contains the entirety of the movie after that. Quality varies from "average" to "bad," depending on the scenes, but it is watchable.

Thanks for the update! I'm sure it will make a good few people very happy.

I'm waiting for the BD/DVD release, so I won't look for myself, but out of curiosity, how can a single camrip vary in quality? I mean, doesn't the cameraperson stay in the same spot throughout?

(Just to keep the thread entirely up-to-date, a good quality 6-minute camrip came out a few days ago, according to the hub page. That would make it the first good quality footage, if I'm not mistaken.)

A question: Is the transcription and translation of the audio rip finished?

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:53 am

View Original PostOenara wrote:I'm waiting for the BD/DVD release, so I won't look for myself, but out of curiosity, how can a single camrip vary in quality? I mean, doesn't the cameraperson stay in the same spot throughout?

Yea he/she stays in the same place but the camera moves around. Be it from just casually slowly turning to the side or him moving it to hide it the angle changes around occasionally and you sometimes lose portions of the screen. Gotta remember, he's probably nervous as hell.

A question: Is the transcription and translation of the audio rip finished?

Someone involved in the effort would be more qualified but looking at the thread for it it seems we still have some lines that need translating or tidying up. Not many, though. Seems the last major effort is quality checking but I'm not sure how much of that is needed.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:02 am

This is great news! Na7e already PM'ed me about it, but it's nice to see it finally confirmed in the forum. I'm not quite sure if I'll be taking advantage of this chance yet, but I look forward to hearing about the completion of the subbed version!
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

SurferJon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SurferJon » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:39 am

Can anyone PM me the link? :)

EDIT: Thanks Ornette. BTW, is there any way I can help expedite throwing the subs over the video? I run a very large Pokemon site and have a couple translators on call at all times. (Though I personally want to avoid any spoilers myself until I can watch the camrip+subs).
I love Eva and Pokemon. :D

Gekusu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gekusu » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:25 am

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same file or not, but the evangelion reddit has a link posted. The single file version is in the comment section.

Knuckles
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Knuckles » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:32 am

The email notification link I got for this thread linked me to the spoiler camrip thread in the Q section instead... I don't know why..
"It doesn't matter. This is all I need.."
"Rei is genetically his mom, socially his friend/coworker/classmate, legally his sister, spiritually the progenitor of the entire 'normal' biosphere, physically a mass of matter that ought not be, and technically (depending on which Rei we're talking about) also some form of the risen dead.

...and I still like Shinji/Rei."

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 am

View Original PostKnuckles wrote:The email notification link I got for this thread linked me to the spoiler camrip thread in the Q section instead... I don't know why..
Me too. I'm pretty sure I read something crucial to the ending.
It's because someone posted something somewhat spoilery "I've heard the last scene is.........In tone and kinda ........." in this thread and so one of the mods in their infinite genious decided to move that post to the spoiler equivalent of this thread instead of, you know, deleting the offending text in the post. So when you clicked that link it just took you to the 5XXXXX post in the forum, which was now in the spoiler forum.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 am

CJD wrote:I don't know how many of you are interested in the camrip, and how many want to wait for the BD release, but if you are interested in the camrip be sure to say so and I'll point you in the right direction as soon as we get a subbed version.

Thanks, I'm interested.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:55 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:So I just thought I'd let you guys know, an essentially full camrip just came out this evening. It's missing the first 6 minutes, but we have the 6 minute preview, and apparently ~1min immediately after that, but it contains the entirety of the movie after that. Quality varies from "average" to "bad," depending on the scenes, but it is watchable.

There was an anon working on a "Frankenrip" using the various trailers and partial camrips, but now that this is out I presume he's going to use this. He was also adding subtitles. I don't know how many of you are interested in the camrip, and how many want to wait for the BD release, but if you are interested in the camrip be sure to say so and I'll point you in the right direction as soon as we get a subbed version. It's possible it could take a few days if he bails but with the rip out the hardest part is done, so it shouldn't be too long now.

Buckle your seat belts folks, the ride's just getting started.

Whenever the sub comes out, I'm ready.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:24 am

I would then like you to post your reactions for posterity, it would be interesting to see the impression/reaction of someone who wasn't... prepared.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”