[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:47 am

Anyway, jokes apart Reichu is right, I only wanted to mourn a little Kaworu, after ignoring his already announced death because I was hypnotised by the various developments, it ended up becoming an analysis of straws...

Another photo, Eva-02 with a double naginata or something like that:
SPOILER: Show

This also looks very Anima-like, I'm pleased.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:50 am

Anything to rid myself the life jacket Eva2.

I like the action pose
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:53 am

"Heeeeeee I am pretty again! And a ninja!"

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:53 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:Anything to rid my self the life jacket Eva2.

I like the action pose

Poor Asuka. Neither she nor her Eva ever get any respect. Ah well.

I like the Naginata, but we've been burned before -- look at all the cool toys she supposedly has to play with, and how rarely any of them are ever used. One shot with a glaive, nothing of substance with the axe, and forget about the positron rifle. Action poses are cheap, gimme a fight scene! :angry:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:55 am

She's better off with the progressive knife.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:57 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:But he should be held responsible because he did it! There was no one else in the entry plug, remember? That was his will, first last and only. Yes, there were circumstances, but that's the difference between murder and manslaughter (which is why I referenced the latter earlier).

If I have a button in front of me. Just one button in a clear room and I'm told "Pressing this button will kill you." and just that. Maybe we add on "And save someone you love." maybe we don't, that's really irrelevant. If I press that button and it drops a nuke on New York, is it may fault? Should I be held responsible for nuking New York? Not "Will I," should I?

He had fourteen years to think about it, and this is what he went with. Yeah, it's a pretty easy judgement to make.

You said:

There's a reason Misato and everyone else apart from Gendo, Fuyu, and Evil Rei jumped ship, you know.

Old friends of your allies opposing them is not a reason to abandon their cause.

Because he was doing stuff he damn well knew was impossible while riding around in one of the vehicles responsible for 2I (or a facsimile thereof)

He knew it was impossible? Really now? Because Shinji knows the truth about Eva's? Shinji understood how Eva's were made? He knew their limitations beyond what Ritsuko told him were their limitations, things that he's seen aren't quite accurate already? Are you forgetting that even Ritsuko wasn't clear on the implications of his actions until after they happened?

Again, easy call to make from the viewers perspective, mate.

Bottom line is that Misato had ample reason to fear the kid, and was unquestionably justified in taking extraordinary measures to ensure he never pilots again. And don't forget, we haven't seen any evidence that she attempted to execute him or throw him in prison -- rather, you're hating her for having ill will toward him over 3I. Last I checked ill will was not a crime

"Hating" is a strong word. Rather I'm disgusted by her lack of sense. Containment is one thing, what those pictures portray is another. Fear is one thing, resentment is another, hate is another. Fear the possibilities should he pilot again, contain him so he doesn't if you have to, throw all that "For the greater good" shit if you want to make yourself feel better, but don't resent him. Don't hate him. Don't hold him responsible for something you encouraged. Don't hold him to a standard you failed to meet yourself by expecting him to have known better when you yourself didn't.

and certainly doesn't justify running away always a bad sign, Shinji and joining the camp eager to resume the work stopped 14 years earlier -- something Shinji would know if he'd bothered to ask why everyone left Nerv to begin with.

1. People treating you like trash is justification enough to run away.

2. For all we know he did ask.

Far from a monster she instead comes across to me as a pillar of patience; there's only so far you can go with someone who has a history of causing catastrophes, and she went the distance. Shinji unfortunately chose to keep on pushing, and here we are.

Oh yes, fucking Shinji. Bastard's stuck in a fictional world where the plot demands he fucks up all the time. Such a character flaw he possesses, he's clearly destined for failure. I hear doctors are calling "Annos Demandus You Screwupitus." It's an offshoot of "Annos Demandus You Dieus" and "Annos Demandus Lose To An Angelus." Let's just kill him and get it over with because he's prone to fuck ups and it's easier that way.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Foolish woman, where has that ever gotten you? :nono:

I'm sure it lets her sleep at night knowing she's still human.
Last edited by CJD on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:00 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:
Also, movie goers are disappoint!

http://info.movies.yahoo.co.jp/detail/tymv/id343233/

Current rating is 3.14, compared to 4.02 for 1.0 and 4.48 for 2.0.

I'm not very surprised by this. Less because of the content and more because rating something down is something the Japanese do on Amazon whenever a popular anime's Blu-ray is solicited.

It's hard to tell whether it's the genuine general consensus or if that is how they actually feel. And if it's how they actually feel I guess that is totally understandable given the content, it may take a while to warm up to.

Choo1701
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Choo1701 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:03 am

Just a thought about the Ikari Katsuragi Party Wagon.

Some of the speculation has said it's powered by Unit 01 (Again not sure if true??) so if Shinji did jump in, does that mean he'd get one hell of a accessory???

(I want an action figure of Unit 01 with a flying battleship strapped too its back now. :p)
And what is that? - Username
Sequels. - Hyper Shinchan

--- Welcome to the bottom of this post. We really hope you enjoyed your stay ---

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 am

Someone just posted a gallery of the already posted illustrations, I kinda dislike that he posted it on imgur because the fucker resize the higher resolution pics but they're just blurry photos after all...
I think that I could have missed the Eva-08 with the mega beam rifle.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:09 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Someone just posted a gallery of the already posted illustrations, I kinda dislike that he posted it on imgur because the fucker resize the higher resolution pics but they're just blurry photos after all...

FYI if you click the little cog in the upper right when you're in gallery mode it has an option to show full res.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:11 am

View Original PostChoo1701 wrote:
(I want an action figure of Unit 01 with a flying battleship strapped too its back now. :p)

I can already see the airship Eva, and I have a feeling that it's going to be more weird to handle than the unit 5 figure.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:12 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:FYI if you click the little cog in the upper right when you're in gallery mode it has an option to show full res.

I was referring to the full resolution pics, imgur, or photobucket fwiw, resizes and/or recompresses large pics (I'm not even sure about imgur's threshold, it's not clear in their faq) to "internet-friendly" values. That's why I started uploading them on Picasa even though the stupid google service is more time consuming.
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 am

Why did Misato even think killing Shinji would stop Fourth Impact? I think Misato might be so upset about her failure to be a mother to Shinji that she's getting hung up about it like in the TV series. She might actually want to kill Shinji to remove the symbol of her failure. Or maybe I'm just extrapolating too much because she killed Kaworu, thinking she was killing Shinji. I think Shinji and Misato's relationship mighr change drastically after 3.0 (assuming she didn't die in Fourth Impact, although I'm sort-of hoping she did). If I was faced with the person who'd blown up my new best friend right before my eyes, I would be pretty pissed.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:16 am

^
Actually it's not really clear how the collar got activated, I guess that it was her doing because I don't see other solutions, does anyone have any other idea?
Anyway Misato was probably just trying to prevent him from doing more shit but her method is surely questionable, executing him directly would have been more human than that sadistic toy.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:We're there to entertain you, milady.

It's not really unexpected, this movie seems to be way more controversial than Ha, it'll divide the fanbase even more.

Why did fans want to see the same thing over again? This is the most exciting thing that has hapened to Evangelion in a looong time.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 am

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13412/ ... ndo-in-30/

Guys, take the discussion to the thread above and leave this thread free for spoiler news, okay?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

spiderman is cool
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby spiderman is cool » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:22 am

Okay like I posted in my other thread about asking about Japanese theaters: Just got back from seeing this. Really enjoyed it, didn't understand everything though. I assumed it took place some time after 2.0 but didn't realize it was a whopping 14 years! That was kind of a surprise to read about. I have the book that everyone is posting pictures from, it pretty much has the entire movie in picture format, manga style, over the course of a few pages and then it has a bunch of character pages as well.

Not exactly sure what to think about the movie yet, mainly because I didn't understand it all, so I will continue to read through this thread to make out the things I didn't exactly get. But it was a pleasure to watch, I'm sure the haters will be out in full force though by virtue of the fact that the movie was different and tried to go in a different direction.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:23 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Someone just posted a gallery of the already posted illustrations, I kinda dislike that he posted it on imgur because the fucker resize the higher resolution pics but they're just blurry photos after all...

Oh good, that one has Sumire's name. Hadn't seen that before.

And Shinchan, I think the idea was to let him live but keep a contingency plan in place if he gets carried away and tries something Impacty. It seems clear to me that she didn't actually want to kill him.

As to how killing him might prevent 4I: it looks like Kaworu's plan involved two people wielding two spears, which means that killing one would make it fizzle. The real question I have is why Kaworu and Evil Rei didn't do this years ago, since it seems to be what Gendo and Fuyu have been working toward all of this time. Why bother bringing Shinji into it? And if they did need him for whatever reason why didn't they get him rather than leaving it to Team K?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:26 am

View Original PostChoo1701 wrote:Just a thought about the Ikari Katsuragi Party Wagon.

IIRC, they (Misato & Co.) told Shinji his synchro rate with the 'EvaShip' has gone down to ZERO, and they also claimed that it does not need a pilot.

As for Kaworu, in my understanding, after failing to stop Shinji from pulling the two identical lances out of the leftovers of the white giant, the poor lad did eventually stop 4I by closing the door of Gwhatsitsname - which apparently he performed by impaling the Eva 13 with said lances.

EDIT:
Kaworu said they needed two different lances, the LAnce of Longinus and the Lance of Cassius(?) but when they finally got down to Dogma, he realized something was wrong when he noticed the two lances looked the same.
He claims the reason Eva13 needs two pilots is because two souls are needed for the two lances. Shinji does ask why they didn't use Black!Ayanami, and Kaworu mumbles something about the soul being in a different place. Also, Kaworu apparently didn't realize he was the 13th Angel until it was too late.
Last edited by LiLi on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:29 am

^
EDIT: OMG, Lili! Welcome back! So, that collar thing was a hoax?

@spiderman is cool: do you mind it if we start asking some questions? Is it clear how that collar was activated? What did you think of this Rei, some impression or more details about her? Lastly, the silly question: did they use An Die Freude/Ode to Joy?
@Bagheera: I agree that it was a contingency plan but still... it's not a very human thing to do. Anyway I think that we should move our considerations to the thread Ursus just opened.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”