[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm still not sure I buy it, but I'm as happy to squee over Asuka as the next guy.

Squee. Squee. Listen to me squee.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:59 pm

I happen to like pixie cuts.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:59 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Gentlemen, it has been a privilege squeeing with you tonight.

It certainly has been fun. Now who's going to clean up all this blown mind all over the place?

EGF tonight = 0.30 here
Last edited by Jayfive on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:00 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:So, is Asuka the Final Angel or not? If she is, that's a hell of a dump on her character development.

Looks like the initial report was a half-truth troll. So no she is not.

That's assuming this isn't a half-truth troll, but this is backed up by promotional scans.

TL;DR Kaoru still dies, everything way more fucked up.

Also looks like Rei ("a" Rei? "the" Rei? who else has white hair?) standing by the ejected plug. Standing atop the plug is Asuka, and to the side, a despondant Shinji.
Last edited by Charsi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Brainman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:00 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:So, is Asuka the Final Angel or not? If she is, that's a hell of a dump on her character development.

Word on the playground is that was a mistranslation. She's apparently OK, but did fight against Shinji/Kawrou in the climax.
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Still not sold on the two-pilot idea. Seems kind of like a rip-off of Gurren Lagann, plus I can't imagine how the "Evas have souls" concept will fit in with this. Does Eva-13 have two cores, or is Yui meant to provide for both Shinji and Kaworu? Does Kaworu even have a mother in this continuity?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:00 pm

I can only imagine what seeing the actual movie is going to be like. I expect it to be a transcendental experience. God will emerge from my television in the form of a fourteen year old anime girl and explain the inner workings of the universe to my fractured mind.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:02 pm

SQUEE SQUEE SQUEEEEE!!!! Asuka LIVES!!! Asuka LIVES!!!!! ......oh god....what if she dies in 4.0???? NOOOOOOOOO

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:02 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Still not sold on the two-pilot idea. Seems kind of like a rip-off of Gurren Lagann, plus I can't imagine how the "Evas have souls" concept will fit in with this. Does Eva-13 have two cores, or is Yui meant to provide for both Shinji and Kaworu? Does Kaworu even have a mother in this continuity?

Does this even matter anymore? As far as I'm concerned, this universe has already shattered itself to impossible heights for breaking it's "own rules".
Last edited by KingXanaduu on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Up to page 18, will have to come back to it later since I have to go out.

But here is a question you can think about while I'm gone:
Is there any mention of Yui at all in what we've been told/shown so far? As in, is there any continuation to the 'your Mum's an eva' hints of the first two films?
Voluntary Illusion.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Not AFAIK. If Rei is out of focus (which seem to be impression for now) what are chances for Yui to get focus, especially when she's been forced into bioterror coitus with that Mark 6 bastard?

View Original PostBrainman wrote:Word on the playground is that was a mistranslation.

Hey don't shit on me. Those bits were ones I made sure to translate as precisely as possible. It's the 2ch posters who were out of it.

Though given how moronic and lost the first guy sonded half the time ("they explained that but I didn't quite get it lol") it isn't surprising just imprecise moments might slip in
Last edited by Xard on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:03 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote: in the form of a fourteen year old anime girl and explain the inner workings of the universe to my fractured mind.

14 physically 28 mentally.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm

View Original PostUBERGEEKZILLA wrote:SQUEE SQUEE SQUEEEEE!!!! Asuka LIVES!!! Asuka LIVES!!!!! ......oh god....what if she dies in 4.0???? NOOOOOOOOO

Now I knew I'd seen your name before somewhere ;)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Still not sold on the two-pilot idea. Seems kind of like a rip-off of Gurren Lagann, plus I can't imagine how the "Evas have souls" concept will fit in with this. Does Eva-13 have two cores, or is Yui meant to provide for both Shinji and Kaworu? Does Kaworu even have a mother in this continuity?

Don't forget there's been no mention of souls in the new movies, at least not in this context. Gendo's comment in Break aside it's entirely possible that souls have nothing to do with Eva operation this time around.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm

I notice none of the "spoilers" mention the Mari+Rei+Rei clones scene, is there any info on that?

And I'm nothing like you

Abicion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Abicion » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Wouldn't you know, the direct continuation of a movie I've spent the past three years bashing for relying too heavily on a fanfic-y original character and diverging too far from the source material now has the fandom up in arms over even more new characters getting thrown in and a ridiculous timeskip plot that has completely removed the story from anything remotely resembling the source material.

This is what happens when you let 2.0 make more money than 1.0.

I hate being right.
Last edited by Abicion on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:05 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I notice none of the "spoilers" mention the Mari+Rei+Rei clones scene, is there any info on that?

I hope you weren't exactly hoping for any of the preview footage at end of 2.0 to end up in 3.0, especially given how lenghty the production schedule got.

I'm sure Anno again scrapped all plans he might've had at time 2.0 came out only to replace them with heightened insanity

Abicion wrote:Wouldn't you know, the direct continuation of a movie I've spent the past three years bashing for relying too heavily on a fanfic-y original character and diverging too far from the source material now has the fandom up in arms over even more new characters getting thrown in and a ridiculous timeskip plot that has completely removed the story from anything remotely resembling the source material.

This is what happens when you let 2.0 make more money than 1.0.

I hate being right.

I guess you didn't get the whole memo about "destroying" Eva way back when?

Personally I'd much rather take creative insanity, whether results are shit or not, over lame rehash of series that didn't need one in the first place.
Last edited by Xard on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:06 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Also between that and memory issues... 28yrold Asuka is a clone. All the -Nami's are. Been calling that since early 2.0

This makes too much sense...

View Original PostBrainman wrote:Asuka survival confirmed.

SPOILER: Show

I must say I'm pleased. Most pleased.

THANK YOU BASED ANNO!

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:07 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Up to page 18, will have to come back to it later since I have to go out.

But here is a question you can think about while I'm gone:
Is there any mention of Yui at all in what we've been told/shown so far? As in, is there any continuation to the 'your Mum's an eva' hints of the first two films?

When Eva-01 rejects the Dummy Plug Gendo asks it "Why are you doing this to me, Yui?". Implying her soul is in the Eva.

And I'm nothing like you

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:08 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I notice none of the "spoilers" mention the Mari+Rei+Rei clones scene, is there any info on that?

Theres been barely anything about any of the stuff we've seen in the 2.0 next time preview. Hell, no-ones even spotted Kaji yet :S

On unrelated matters, do we or do we not have Eva's first black characters?

Also: Sequel Theory. Yeah, hows that going then? Did those theories cover a sequel that hasnt happened yet I wonder.
Last edited by Jayfive on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”