[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kuronekodou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuronekodou » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Shitty quality, but, a new image from the pamphlet

SPOILER: Show

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Is there any explanation for the pic of the red earth and the three people walking?

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Kaworu sacrificing seems totally more in-line with the story.

Allthough the Asuka-Angel and Kaworu has to kill her together with Shinji made me very excited.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:19 pm

View Original Postchee wrote:Man, I'm so angry they sacrificed character depth for spectacle.

That's a silly thing to say when we don't even really know what happens yet, much less how.

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:Is there any explanation for the pic of the red earth and the three people walking?

Looks to me like that's a scene from right after Asuka and Shinji crash land. Kaworu finds them, the three walk for awhile, get picked up by Misato's ship.
Last edited by Bagheera on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:Is there any explanation for the pic of the red earth and the three people walking?

Im assumig thats the 'desert' mentioned in one of the summaries. I would have said 'wasteland' based on that pic.

Now, is that Asuka and Shinji walking and a Quantum Rei watching them go?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:That's a silly thing to say when we don't even really know what happens yet, much less how.
I think you missed the [/sarcasm]
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:21 pm

THREE? Implying Rei/Kaworu (hard to tell given Rei too now has black plugsuit) is still alive:

There are only two pair of footprints on the sand and they belong to Shinji and Asuka. I suspect this (best illlustration to come out so far, btw, really evocative and not at all DUMB like some of those designs posted earlier) takes on film's ending somewhat because it would seem to coincide well with "Asuka dragging Shinji through desert" bit
Last edited by Xard on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:21 pm

View Original PostBrainman wrote:It's starting to sound like Kawrou is sacrificed for Shinji and Asuka's survival. If true, I feel a tribute is in order.

Makes me glad I have this.
SPOILER: Show
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lagann » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Boy, this time yesterday I would have never even guess the plot would be this weird, I'm not saying its good or bad just weird. The designs,especially that Wunder ship, look like they came out of a completely different anime.
It also seems weird that 3rd impact caused so much damage when at the end of 2.0 it just looked like the geofront was exposed.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:22 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I think you missed the [/sarcasm]

Oh wow, you're right! -o-; This thread's going so fast I missed it. Sorry Chee!
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:22 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Looks to me like that's a scene from right after Asuka and Shinji crash land. Kaworu finds them, the three walk for awhile, get picked up by Misato's ship.

I'm thinking it's after the spears deal, and that's Rei in black.

Edit: Bah, too slow.
Last edited by NemZ on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I'm thinking it's after the spears deal, and that's Rei in black.

Certainly possible.

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Here's the whole thing. Original Japanese here. Translation by me.

In accordance with Ritsuko saying "Third Impact has begun" at the end of "2.0", the incident with the 10th Angel (Zeruel in NGE) is documented as the Third Impact.

So, deemed responsible for causing Third Impact, Nerv is dismantled by the government.
Misato and the other Nerv staff are confined, Eva-01 with Shinji and Rei absorbed is imprisoned in a tesseract and transported to the Moon. Then the story moves ahead 14 years. [Not positive on how 話 is used here.]

All original Nerv staff except Gendo and Fuyutsuki have started an organization called WILL-E.
Their public pretext is restoring the red ocean back to blue, but in actuality they exist to prevent Gendo (Nerv?) from carrying out Fourth Impact. To do this, Misato and WILL-E advance the operations plans of the flying battle ship Wunder using Eva-01 as a power source. [I think that's what it says?]

Asuka and Mari pilot their Evas to perform a heist of Eva-01, which is imprisoned on the Moon. En route, they encounter the 11th Angel, but Eva-01 destroys it. (The TV sneak peak opening 7 minutes.) Asuka and Mari's appearances haven't changed due to the curse of Eva.

With Eva-01 back on the surface, Shinji is salvaged by Misato, as in NGE. Shinji then learns about the post-3I world and goes into despair. After that Wunder begins to make use of Eva Unit-01's power, and the 12th Angel is destroyed.
Kaworu appears before the despairing Shinji, and tells him that the world can be remade/constructed if they use the two Spears and Eva-13.
Shinji joins Kaworu and Nerv instead of WILL-E.

Shinji and Kaworu pilot the compound cockpit model Eva-13 and go to extract the Spear of Longinus and the Spear of Cassius that are impaling Lilith. But when they actually reach Central Dogma, both Spears were the Spear of Longinus. [buh?] Shinji pulls out the Spear(s) of Longinus so that Asuka won't meet a cruel fate again, but it was a trap by Keel and sets Fourth Impact in motion. As Fourth Impact is on the brink of happening, Kaworu stops it, and he blows up / ruptures. Because of the cockpit's compound arrangement, Kaworu bursts apart before Shinji's eyes.

Even after Fourth Impact is prevented, humanity is mostly extinct, and we proceed to "New/Sin Evangelion Theatrical Edition: ||".

[s]DAMMIT BRAINMAN MORE SHIT TO TRANSLATE IT NEVER ENDS.[/s] NEVER MIND XARD IS DOING IT

if this was the plot i would be perfectly fine with it....BUT if Asuka dies and really is the final angel then im done with this franchise.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Well I'm just waiting a bit for answers. LiLi will see it at 9am in Japan and I'll probably get some more direct info from her on that later.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:27 pm

BTW, does Mari not do *anything* in this film after the first scene?

Squall
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Squall » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Guys guys
This is what happens
What if
Guys
What if

2 versions on Q distributed to theaters

Kaworu dies on 1
Asuak dies on the other

Based Anno

He did say 3.0 is "spilitting the fanbase"
Last edited by Squall on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Brainman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:BTW, does Mari not do *anything* in this film after the first scene?

Makes some squeakuel jokes I think.

EDIT:
>2 versions on Q distributed to theaters

Naaah. Even in the initial spoiler synopsis, it doesn't specifically mention Asuka dying, just that Shinji and Kawrou were being sent to stop her.
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 pm

My first instinct is that that's a "composite" of a panning shot from the end of the film. (Publications sometimes include those.) And, yeah, Kaworu blew up, so that leaves Rei. No footprints for her, I'd assume, because she tracked up from the other direction.

And odd that the synopses have been so light on Rei-related details. Not much we can do but wait...

Regarding Mari, we see Eva-08 partake in another combat in the trailers, remember? She's running around with a handgun.
Last edited by Reichu on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:30 pm

How would it be if AC/DC's Back in Black is playing when Rei shows up in that new plugsuit. People probably already planning the AMVs.
Last edited by AR-99 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 pm

I wasn't going to read spoilers, and when I finally decided to because I knew it was inevitable I despaired. But then I remembered to embrace pain and burn it as fuel for my journey, and I was rewarded:

View Original PostXard wrote:Inside is a physically 14 year old eyepatch Asuka with the mind of 28 year old Asuka. Asuka pulls him through the desert and (incomplete sentence/context)

YES!!! YES!! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! I don't fully understand but it's beautiful! Thank you Anno! I'll delete that death threat I was writing! joking, obviously

On another note, any word on Kaji? All I saw in this thread was that image labeled as another character that Xard said was Kaji? Is that really Kaji?
Last edited by CJD on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”