Eva 3.0 (Q) Trailers Thread (PRE-11/17 ONLY)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:30 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Disagree. He starts out in an Eva, and we have one movie left. I'm not seeing any reason whatsoever why he has to be in one for this part of the story.

Agreed, if Gendo Ikari isn't around Seele probably isn't going to allow a kid who almost committed genocide on a planetary twice in the span of week anywhere near an Eva. Because that would fuck up their plans.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:39 am

View Original PostNa7e wrote:Agreed, if Gendo Ikari isn't around Seele probably isn't going to allow a kid who almost committed genocide on a planetary twice in the span of week anywhere near an Eva. Because that would fuck up their plans.

Twice? I'm looking back and trying to think when he tried to do it the first time.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:48 am

View Original PostUBERGEEKZILLA wrote:i dont believe she has. there was a scene where a giant beam hit the ground and knocked her in the air, but no one reacted or said she died even though they could still get her readings. i dont think Shinji initiated third impact either, the part in Eoe where the reis kill everyone hasnt happened.

Are you referring to the manga? Asuka didn't die but 3rd Impact started on last September (this revelation was also quite an "impact" by itself for some people).
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:50 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Twice? I'm looking back and trying to think when he tried to do it the first time.

When he decided to be a whiny dick during Bardiel.

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:00 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Are you referring to the manga? Asuka didn't die but 3rd Impact started on last September (this revelation was also quite an "impact" by itself for some people).

.............wait. are we talking about the same manga. the one you showed seems to have a different art style then the one i saw. and i dont remeber seeing that scene. there are multiple mangas right?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:03 pm

^
I'm talking about Sadamoto's manga, those pics come from stage 91 released on September 2012.
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:03 pm

That's the Sadamoto version, it' the official manga adaptation.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:13 pm

hmmm i usually go to a site called manga here to read all the issues. they have issue 91 and i didnt see any of those scenes. its the one where shinjis a boy talking to his mom

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Looking through the recent posts in this thread may be of use. http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/483/MANGA-NGE-New-Manga-Stage-Thread/
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 pm

More precisely you can read the translation here.
Anyway the enumeration probably got messed up when Sadamoto reworked the chapters for the 13th tonkabon, that stage 91 has become stage 90.
EDIT: we'd need a split there.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:38 pm

View Original PostNa7e wrote:When he decided to be a whiny dick during Bardiel.

I don't really consider that being close to triggering the apocalypse since Bardiel didn't even make it into the Geofront.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

tomfrom994
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby tomfrom994 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:11 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:Is there a real 720p version or does it look like this on the official Eva channel? I can't see shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kUz-DFxXlk
I uploaded the highest quality file I could find, which appears to be from b-ch, but I'm not sure if it's in full quality.

The piano trailer from b-ch had the file name P_025841_1500.mp4, while the file name for this new trailer was P_026916_1000.mp4.
If someone could clarify to me if a file name from b-ch ending in 1000 is lower quality than 1500, I'd appreciate it, as it would clarify why this video is so pixely.[/url]

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:13 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I don't really consider that being close to triggering the apocalypse since Bardiel didn't even make it into the Geofront.
Which still doesn't quite make sense to me that Shinji and Eva-01 get brought back to the Geofront after Bardiel, then offscreen Shinji breaks free of the Eva railroad or whatever moves them, causes a fire, and then they resume showing us what he's doing when he stomps the pyramid.

But anyway lots of derail here, sorry to add to it.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:41 pm

View Original Posttomfrom994 wrote:The piano trailer from b-ch had the file name P_025841_1500.mp4, while the file name for this new trailer was P_026916_1000.mp4.
If someone could clarify to me if a file name from b-ch ending in 1000 is lower quality than 1500, I'd appreciate it, as it would clarify why this video is so pixely.[/url]

I suppose that those numbers refer to the bitrate, anyway in theory there's a 1500 kbps version of this last trailer too but I fail at dumping the rtmpe stream.
EDIT:
crap, direct linking to the playlist doesn't work and the board ate my code, this is the base url:"rtmpe://fmsjp2.b-ch.com/ondemand/flash"
and this is the source for the 1500 kbps video: "live/pv/P_026916_1500.mp4".
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

tomfrom994
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby tomfrom994 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:35 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I suppose that those numbers refer to the bitrate, anyway in theory there's a 1500 kbps version of this last trailer too but I fail at dumping the rtmpe stream.
EDIT:
crap, direct linking to the playlist doesn't work and the board ate my code, this is the base url:"rtmpe://fmsjp2.b-ch.com/ondemand/flash"
and this is the source for the 1500 kbps video: "live/pv/P_026916_1500.mp4" system-bitrate="1500000"

Thank you for clarifying!
I'm shit at rtmpdump. I've tried, but to no avail. I don't know if it's because I need a proxy or because Ubuntu won't let me downgrade rtmpdump to match the handshake.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:49 pm

View Original Posttomfrom994 wrote:Thank you for clarifying!
I'm shit at rtmpdump. I've tried, but to no avail. I don't know if it's because I need a proxy or because Ubuntu won't let me downgrade rtmpdump to match the handshake.

Same here, I'm using a proxy with the -S switch and I've tried both the oldest and the newest build that I've found on the official website but there was nothing to do, I either get that handshake error or it simply crashes. Anyway yesterday I couldn't even watch the video on my browser while today it works (more or less).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:45 pm

My guess for "Eva-13" is it gets sabotaged. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. If MPEs do re-appear, I'm expecting a close defeat for them, and if Anno wants to fuck Asuka over once more, it has to be such a close margin that Asuka has doubts whether she could have handled them on her own.

TBH, I think the MPEs represented a perfect metaphor for Asuka's psychological trauma - she needs external help to defeat them.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:58 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:My guess for "Eva-13" is it gets sabotaged. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. If MPEs do re-appear, I'm expecting a close defeat for them, and if Anno wants to fuck Asuka over once more, it has to be such a close margin that Asuka has doubts whether she could have handled them on her own.

TBH, I think the MPEs represented a perfect metaphor for Asuka's psychological trauma - she needs external help to defeat them.

It's more that defeating them isn't the point, and that Eva isn't the answer to her problems. But I don't think Shikinami will have the same problem, since the Bardiel mess addressed that fairly explicitly. Why retread old ground? That's why I think there's something else going on in Q.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:02 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It's more that defeating them isn't the point, and that Eva isn't the answer to her problems.

It would be remarkably more difficult for Asuka to find an answer to her problems if she's dead.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:19 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:It would be remarkably more difficult for Asuka to find an answer to her problems if she's dead.

Well, yes. If EoE had ended differently she would have been an object lesson at best, and I agree that would have sucked mightily. But since she came back . . . :shrug:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”