Q Trailers Thread (was: Q trailer on new Nico Nico)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Chrad » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Fuck yeah, trailer/teaser is backed.

Is it strange that I find the scene of Shinji curling up on the bed defeated more exciting? I'm hoping that morsel is a sign NTE isn't going to shy away from the heavy psycho-drama.

Yeah, that's was the bit that sold it for me. Also, the Rei scenes.
View Original PostJayfive wrote:Also the implications is she's fighting Mari.

View Original PostFireball wrote:Image

Oh shit.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:58 am

What a great way to kick off my birthday morning. :)

Random observations:

The animation style really does look different. Seems...off...to me, I prefer the "look" of 2.22 to this, but whatever. Maybe 3.33 will look more polished.

I guess red "freaked out" Shinji is maybe him reverted to LCL when he's trapped in Eva-01 with Rei?

Speaking of, I guess that's Rei 3? Or Rei 2 is back to being stuck in the tank or her medical hamster wheel life of sorts, if she's retrieved.

Mari's smug :3 face is hilarious. First thing that came to mind was FLCL. I like the style of her old glasses, but again, whatever. Not like it's gonna change. :lol:

Asuka's sleeveless version plugsuit reminds me of EoE's final scene with how her bandaged arm was sleeveless. I guess she is wearing 2 plugsuits in different scenes?

Is Shinji holding his SDAT when he's sulking in that bed??

I'm so pumped for this! Nice to hear the Next Time Preview music again.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:32 am

View Original PostChrad wrote:Oh shit.

Well it'll be a fight for Asuka, for Mari it'll be foreplay...

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Hatsumi92 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:37 am

Minor detail, but I really do enjoy how bizarre Mari's new glasses frames are. They're really sharp.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:06 am

I think the shot of Rei's clothes and possessions in a cardboard box really enforce that this is Rei III. Sadly, like most everyone speculated, I don't think Rei II is returning after the events of 2.0 (At least not physically anyway).

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Is Shinji holding his SDAT when he's sulking in that bed??

Yep. If you look closely, he's actually listening to it - You can see the headphones.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:40 am

View Original PostHatsumi92 wrote:Minor detail, but I really do enjoy how bizarre Mari's new glasses frames are. They're really sharp.

I'm surprised that no one said it yet but their shape, at least from that scene, vaguely reminds me of Kamina's glasses, is it just me?
View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Yep. If you look closely, he's actually listening to it - You can see the headphones.

The thing is that it shouldn't work in theory, unless he's just putting the headphones without actually hearing anything.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:42 am

Heh. If you listen closely, Rei's in there...
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:14 am

Glad I went to sleep when I did because staying up an hour more would not have been worth it. Not enough shown to get me excited. But that's good. Means I can safely stay away until local film fest or BD release.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:18 am

While the new trailer overlaps with the Aug '11 one, it omits anything that looks like it could have to do with the 2.0 next episode trailer.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Chrad » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:While the new trailer overlaps with the Aug '11 one, it omits anything that looks like it could have to do with the 2.0 next episode trailer.

I wonder if that preview bears any resemblance to the finished film.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:22 am

Unless they're just not showing us the 2.0 preview-related content in this trailer?

But most likely, similar to 1.0's preview trailer of 2.0, 2.0's preview trailer of 3.0 was a vague planning out what we can expect next time. At least the narration in 1.0 and 2.0's Next Time Previews are seemingly correct (order of events) even if the visuals didn't end up going anywhere.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Merkaba
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Merkaba » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:27 am

What do you guys think about the crumpled up clothes on the floor? It looks like there are two outfits.

Do they belong to Kaworu and Shinji? That's my assumption. And if so, what are the implications of that?

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Na7e » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:28 am

Why do I have the sinking feeling Asuka's not going to get much character development, and just end up being an action girl.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:40 am

^ Because it's easier to be pessimistic than it is to be optimistic.

Either way, CAN'T WAIT! Looks amazing!

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Na7e » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:42 am

View Original PostMerkaba wrote:What do you guys think about the crumpled up clothes on the floor? It looks like there are two outfits.

Do they belong to Kaworu and Shinji? That's my assumption. And if so, what are the implications of that?

Except, you can see the red ribbon from the uniform that the girls wear on the bed.

Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Chrad » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:42 am

View Original PostMerkaba wrote:What do you guys think about the crumpled up clothes on the floor? It looks like there are two outfits.

I assumed the clothes belonged to Rei. But if you're right...oh man, I'm going to laugh so hard. Rebuild will be redeemed in my eyes.
View Original PostNa7e wrote:Why do I have the sinking feeling Asuka's not going to get much character development, and just end up being an action girl.

I have the same concerns. The last two films haven't been very well paced and the characterisation often seems to be missing crucial beats. There just seems to be too much ground to cover in this one.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:49 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:I think the shot of Rei's clothes and possessions in a cardboard box really enforce that this is Rei III. .

There is still the possibility that everyone had to move to HQ, and this box contains her meagre possesions, with her havind put those pill boxes on the next beast table as decoration.

Also, while I did prefer Mari's old glasses, those new ones are creative.
Usually if some glasses have a "break" in the frames, it's beneath not above. But Mari probably is the type to wear such "creative" assecoires in public...

I tried wearing "creative" red glasses once (not quite as modern artsy as Mari's but with elliptical holes in the arms) and I got told "The 80ies have called, they want their glasses back!" - I stuck to simple black-rimmed plastic ones since then.

Maybe Mari is now putting modern art in her face every day because she's far away froom her school now and not going back anytime soon.

In any case, I look forward to stuff.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

DekaJ
Embryo

Postby DekaJ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:33 am

View Original PostNa7e wrote:Why do I have the sinking feeling Asuka's not going to get much character development, and just end up being an action girl.

I've had a feeling about that. I also feel as if this one is going to end with at least one of the pilots dead.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:37 am

View Original PostDekaJ wrote:I've had a feeling about that. I also feel as if this one is going to end with at least one of the pilots dead.

A few seconds after the smugface Mari shot, I suspect (but perhaps not; we need to have her stripped and angsty with the Reis before she can do that, so it might take a bit).

Alternately Asuka dies fighting the Angel and Shinji gets all despondent, which is Kaworu's cue. Meanwhile Rei and Mari are all "lolplot" while Shinji takes up playing piano.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:44 am

Is this a Hideki Hamasu shot?

Please tell me Hideki Hamasu is involved in this movie.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”