Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Shazlicks
Embryo

Postby Shazlicks » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:50 am

Howdy thought i would say hello, just signed up.

I use to post on the EVAMONKEY forum few years back but forgot account details, so i created a new one here :)

ps. 2.22 was awesome

Aozora
Adam

first post

Postby Aozora » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:47 am

Hello...
I found this place after watching 2.22 and wanting to discuss it. Guess I need to join to say anything, heh. So here I am.

Rivenscryr
Embryo

Postby Rivenscryr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Just thought I'd say hello. I stumbled across this interesting forum one day and thought I'd join - might as well help myself to some nice fanfic recommendations, right?

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Welcome aboard, Newfriends.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Welcome to Rivenscryr, Aozora, and Shazlicks! Who will survive the honeymoon period? (Cue ultra-dramatic music!)

View Original PostSynapsid wrote:...but what was that about a new diagnosis/downgrade of old one though?

I was bipolar II and now they think type I. There's so many overlapping things, but it doesn't mean much. It is like unlocking a "trophy" on your Xbox.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Dark doom
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Dark doom » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Welcome new people!
Worship the mod's, it make's them stronger!
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

And then we come to the merchandising... facepalm- Mr. Tines

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:32 pm

I never noticed! So is this a place for a crazy EVA/Moderator-worshipping cult?
(I WANNA JOIN I WANNA JOIN BAPTIZE ME BAPTIZE ME PLOXPLOXPLOX >_<)

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Yes, it is nice to see oOoOoOo back. Welcome back.
View Original PostDark doom wrote:Worship The Eva Monkey! It makes him stronger!

Fix'd.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:57 pm

I'm of the personal opinion that the mods are beings in an unforgiving universe who are only doing their best to avoid untimely deaths, and make this forum enjoyable to those who are eventually just going to die anyway. Worship them, fuck no, there's a host of better dieties who offer me 72 virgins if I kill myself in an act of violence for them, or will give me spiritual and physical fellatio themselves if I attract their fancy. That is of course, implying that they exist, which they don't.

Why worship them if, at best, you're only delaying their eventual demise? Making life more difficult for them by being some RAEG spam poster seems a lot more edgy anyways.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Let's get some TOPIC in this bitch.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Abraxus
Embryo

Postby Abraxus » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Hey everyone. I have been a fan back since the series was first coming out on VHS two episodes at a time, back in the late 90's.

I remember waiting each month for the newest two episodes, buying them, running home, and then watching every episode that preceded it once again before watching the new episodes.

I have watched the two rebuild recent rebuild movie and am somewhat disappointed in at least one aspect of it. My Favorite Eva has always been Unit-00 in Blue. So far we have not gotten a Blue Unit-00.

I have most of the old Bandai Eva Models, the sega eva figures that came when the series debuted, most of the Evangelion Revoltechs and one SoC Eva Unit 00-Kai figure.

Other than that I have a Huge Transformers Collection and play Warhammer 40K.

Anyways, Hello Everyone.

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

Postby planet news » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:34 pm

1)
Santana Abraxas?
I don't want Santana Abraxas!
I've just been in a terrible auto accident!

2)
The SCA is amazing.

3)
Welcome.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

Flyvapnet
Embryo

Greetings, fellow Earthlings!

Postby Flyvapnet » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:00 am

Hello there! This is my first post and I'm very glad to be here. My thanks go out to Jon for helping me get past the recalcitrant registration process.

Back in remotest antiquity, I screened the entire Neon Genesis Evangelion television series and liked it. Or, rather, I liked (most of) the characters. *is not a mecha fan* Ayanami Rei and Soryu Asuka Langley won me over. Thank you, ladies!

Now, this Rebuild of Evangelion business has reached out and grabbed me; so I'm addicted once more. Help!

:asuka_thumbsup:

=^..^=
[center]Beauty is the purgation of superfluities.
Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni (1475-1564)[/center]

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:49 am

Ah, you finally made it in. Good to see. Welcome aboard and enjoy yourself.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

TattiDaa
Embryo

Postby TattiDaa » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:31 am

Hello, I am new here! :) I've been following these forums for a long time and now decided to register. Nice to meet you!

I fell in love with evangelion when I was under 10 years old. :d It just looked so cool. Finally later I had this opportunity to watch this damn series from start to the end and now I love it even more.

It is so sad that nobody these days knows NGE.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Greetings, fellow Earthlings!

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:45 am

View Original PostFlyvapnet wrote:Hello there!
Hello -- and does this mean I can hand off the "token old guy" mantle to someone else now?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:47 am

View Original PostTattiDaa wrote:It is so sad that nobody these days knows NGE.

Maybe you don't talk to enough people about it. Sometimes I feel that too many people know about it, but that's the egotistical obscurantist in me.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Flyvapnet
Embryo

Sure!

Postby Flyvapnet » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:56 am

Of course, Mr. Tines, I'll gladly bear the "token old guy" mantle should you wish to surrender it; but you're certainly welcome to retain that weighty responsibility. After all, I've only just arrived!

Would there be a ceremonial transfer? I don't own a tuxedo, so I'd have to rent one.

:asuka_thumbsup:

=^..^=
[center]Beauty is the purgation of superfluities.
Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni (1475-1564)[/center]

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:12 am

TattiDaa wrote:It is so sad that nobody these days knows NGE.

Considering the large amount of people from the USA, and Finland (lolwut) I'd say that it's quite popular. Most chain DVD stores and such still have it shelved on their walls, FWIW, it's certainly not as big as its 'heyday' in Japan but then again that's pretty much impossible.

Welcome aboard, though.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities

TattiDaa
Embryo

Postby TattiDaa » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:22 am

View Original PostUriel Septim VII wrote:Maybe you don't talk to enough people about it. Sometimes I feel that too many people know about it.

I think that the only acquaintances who knows of Evangelion are my classmates. :p I once showed 1.01 to one of them and he liked it. It was kind of surprising.

Return to “Old Stickies”