Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Asterix
Embryo

Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Postby Asterix » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:58 pm

Yay for first post! I suppose I should at least think of something meaningful to say...

So mucho congrats on the site, on the forums, it's all looking super spiffy! Gearing up for a super time on your boards, and I'm sure it'll be a blast!

So yeah... great job aaron, keep up the magnificent work!

(and for the record, Asuka IS hot and she DOES rock.)

[edit] ok, not first post. beaten by two minutes... :roll:
"why is it when an eva gets free will, the first thing it does is eat its own?"
"...tastes like chicken?"

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Yay for first post!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:14 am

Asterix wrote:[edit] ok, not first post. beaten by two minutes... :roll:

Congratulations on making the first SPAM post. Please do try and not over-do it. :P

chocomanji
Lilith

Postby chocomanji » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:02 am

....you should have a member introduction forum...you dimwit... :roll:

Oooooh...and Asuka is quite hot indeed!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:05 am

Introductions aren't productive discussion, hence no introduction forum. I'd ordinarily close a thread like this, but since I'm tired and this forum is just starting, and any discussion is better than none, I'll leave this as it is.

For now.

chocomanji
Lilith

Postby chocomanji » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:11 am

Well...it would be a nice thing for the members to get to know each other...you know, build a community, let them be able to say why they're fans of eva...etc, etc...

...just a suggestion since you have an introduction thread for the board staff...

Maybe an introduction sticky in this forum so members can just leave one post about themselves so ppl can know of their existance? That way the board won't be cluttered with simple "Hi" threads... :?

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby coff » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:09 am

Well I might as well introduce myself here then. I saw Evangelion for the first time a few months ago and was hooked. I searched around and found the trivialbeing forums and found evamonkey.com from there. The site is very well done and I've enjoyed looking through all the content. So anyway, I look foward to our discussions on this board :D
Last edited by coff on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

dennisud
Embryo

Postby dennisud » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:34 am

Same here Dennisud here. Some might know me from Evamade's and Rei-Shinji.cjb.net's forums. I've been an Eva fan for about 4 years since I picked up the series Volume by Volume 4 summers ago.
I write fanfiction where my main interest are mostly the three children and how best to get Gendo in the end. :lol:

Hope this forums will be as good as the ones I'm on now!

dennisud :wink:

P.S- Also where can I post a Volunteer request for an Anime con?
dennisud

History repeats itself, especially for those who don't learn from it! Hence the name "Butt head!" Hehehehehehe!!

http://www.geocities.com/dennisud2015/

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:10 am

Me? I'm a long time EVA fan. I first saw back in '98 and was probably on of the few who hid under his bed on the "Date" of Second Impact.
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:35 am

Might as well chime in...

...I found Eva (or did Eva find me?) about a year ago and have been hooked ever since. I can be found lurking around a few different forums (trivialbeing, NGE Portal, etc.). Other (but not all) anime I am in to: GITS, Cowboy Bebop, Patlabor, FLCL, and This Ugly and Beautiful World (just started watching this one from Gainax). Looking forward to chatting with everyone...

bp32
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

wildarmsheero
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby wildarmsheero » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:09 pm

Well, I'm wildarmsheero. I'm infatuated with Misato and I'm a stereotypical depressive teenager. Hello!
Comic | Art | Music | Blog | Anime | DVDs
The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey, a never-ending journey. The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey into the stars!

Ayanami
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Ayanami » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:24 pm

Oh, what the hell... everyone else is doing it. <_< >_>

I'm Ayanami, and I have a nasty habit of joining boards while I'm on vacation. I've been an avid fan of evamonkey.com for around... 6 months... something like that, I guess. I've been an Eva fan for almost a year, now that I think about it, which began by my being forced to watch Death and Rebirth. An odd way to become a fan, but... oh well. I'm an odd person.

BTW, my favorite character is not Rei.

This forum is looking good so far!
Close your eyes and listen hard

Maverick
Lilith

Postby Maverick » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:10 pm

Heh, allright, i'm also in.

I'll be lurking around, and i'll open my mouth if need be. :wink:
Boo!

mike
Embryo

Postby mike » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:56 pm

Hello everyone, I'm also one of the guys from TB. I consider myself an Eva veteran since I've gone over all the forms of material several times. I'm looking forward to debating here since Evamonkey's site has been one of the best I've seen.

Longinus
Embryo

Postby Longinus » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:02 pm

Huzzah for Spam :)

I just signed up so I'll try and get into some discussions, good to see everyone again.
I saw NGE back in 2001, in one way it doesn't seem like its been that long ago, then again it feels like ages ago.

Hiyru
Embryo

Postby Hiyru » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:23 pm

Whoot! Introductions...my favorite :D

Well the names hiyru..not hiryu as some of you might have thought when first reading my name. He was the Uber-ninja who had his own sega genesis game (which i own!), along with a couple playstation ones too. Well lets see... my story with Evangelion began a couple months ago when i borrowed the dvd set from a friend. I watched all the episodes in a course of about 3 days and now it stands as number 1 on my all time favorite animes..of all time. So there ya go...
Ph34r

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Phaze » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:29 pm

Perhaps I should have posted here before making 31 other posts, oh well.
My name, Phaze, is an alternate spelling of "Faze", which means to psyche out/disturb somone.
I have searched the net near and far for Eva info, accepting only canon information and theories with actual proof, and consider myself quite knowledgeable when it comes to Eva.
I also suck at writing, excessively use commas, and make lots of run-on sentences.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

MantiCore
Embryo

Postby MantiCore » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:38 am

Seeing as the thread is still going..

I'm MantiCore (reference from Boogiepop Phantom), and i'm new to EvaMonkey's site as a whole (eventually found a few random posts by the author on another fourm i'm a regular on ). I've enjoyed what i've seen so far and hope to contribute to some lively Eva debate and discussion.

What happened, lose interest in MT? :P [url]http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?showuser=19013[/url]

wildarmsheero
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby wildarmsheero » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:16 am

MantiCore wrote:Seeing as the thread is still going..

I'm MantiCore (reference from Boogiepop Phantom), and i'm new to EvaMonkey's site as a whole (eventually found a few random posts by the author on another fourm i'm a regular on ). I've enjoyed what i've seen so far and hope to contribute to some lively Eva debate and discussion.

What happened, lose interest in MT? :P [url]http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?showuser=19013[/url]

Hah, I know you from the MegaTokyo forums!
Comic | Art | Music | Blog | Anime | DVDs
The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey, a never-ending journey. The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey into the stars!

gasoline238
Embryo

Postby gasoline238 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:41 pm

Nate's here, fun time.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:41 am

It's pretty sad that that no one recognises me :( :(

I feel left out.

Nah, it all good fun, just joking around.

I was hoping that someone would recongise me , From Modus or Gamewinners, etc.

But any way I am happy to be here , becasue this forum is the best ( in terms of Freedom, etc) and I hope it grows.

I have been a eva fan for nearly 8 months , but that does not mean that I am a "newbie" to eva , I have spent some time gathering information , etc and my Knowledge has grown. I still want to get the boxset if I can find it in store ( a physical store)
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Return to “Old Stickies”